AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 06:16:15 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Louis  (Read 43036 times)
Ken Fuller

Email
« on: January 23, 2003, 04:05:17 am »

I have a positive experience to share.

Some of you know the issues Toni and I have gone through in the past few years -- if you aren't familiar, suffice it to say we've had some extremely rough times but are doing FANTASTIC these days.

I went through a time of gross sin, to where I was excommunicated and for good reason.  Through this time the saints were very supportive of Toni and there for me.  It was a dark situation that I would have expected total rejection, but was very touched by the compassion of the saints through this.

I returned, repentant before the brethren and the saints.  For some time we remained in fellowship, tyring to get our family back on the right track.

Over the course of 6 months there was no growth in our lives.  Having literally left fellowship, it was difficult for me to come back because there was absolutely no desire for that work.

Toni and I very carefully and over a course of time switched places of fellowship.

Upon exiting, I wrote an open letter to the brethren stating there are no particular issues, that I'm not "leaving fellowship" and promising to do everything on my part possible to keep the doors of fellowship open.

Which we both have.  Toni and I have been very careful in what we have said.  All we say publically is that it wasn't a healthy place for our family at that time.

Since leaving we have maintained a few friendships.  For the most part, saints haven't called or contacted us but some we've kept in touch with.  

But we are now GROWING and actively involved in a place of worship.  The kids enjoy it (we were literally dragging them to meetings before).  
I have found if nothing else a desire I've never had to be involved in God's things.
We give more than we ever have -- WILLINGLY -- because we are drawn into the work by seeing what is done and where the money goes.

Missionaries are sent out, families are involved, it IS a healthy atmosphere, in spite of those that may fear otherwise for our spiritual health.

I recently ran across a brother who told me how glad he was to see me because he had "such a misconception about why we left".  That surprised me.

I have no clue what was said about our departure.  I have no clue if my letter was read, or if it was stated in someone else's words.

But ... I've done all I can do.  Toni and I have maintained a good witness and not spoken evil of the brethren or the work (we really had no reason to).

For any saints in St Louis reading this that haven't spoken with us, rest assured we are doing well.  And feel free to call or write  us anytime.
VinnieGalati

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 08:55:48 am »

Hey Ken,

Its Galati- Great to hear from you via this website. What a vehicle God has given us to re-unite before we all do in Heaven.  I honestly did not know of any of these things. I guess for good reason.  I was not around.  I left as you know in 1994.  I am glad you have not let a root of bitterness grow within you.  I admit it has been tempting for me.  I felt all along I was walking with the Lord, but could never understand the brothers harsh response.  Now I see what was in place.  Very glad to be past all that.  Sounds like a healthy place you are in now.  Where is it?  I am living in St Charles and attending Harvester Christian Church.  I am married with a family also.  Greet Toni for me- so good to hear from you- God Bless- VPG
Roger Hommes

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 03:23:47 am »

Are only Assembly Rejects allowed to post here??  Then this must be where I belong...  

I hope to drive to St. Charles this Saturday to spend a few days and would love to see both of you clowns!  I'll have my cell phone with me:  817-808-7750.  

During my visit, I will attend meetings at The Church Formerly Known as The Assembly.  There has been so much hurt and so much loneliness in so many lives over the years.  I sincerely hope that there is genuine honesty at a time like this.  In 1997, the Lord took me to Ezekiel 34; it had "assembly" written all over it.  I spoke with Danny Edwards; he had prepared a message for that very day on the same chapter.  I know Becky James was also stuck on that chapter at the same time.  If the corporate expression in that place is to die, we have a faithful Shepherd who promises to care for His sheep.  I'm praying for the leadership and for the flock.  Even though I'm not seeing postings from St. Louis saints, I know that they are secretly all over this website and that there is great healing taking place.  I look forward to hearing of God's mercy during next week's visit!  

"Then I will make up to you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you."  Joel 2:25  

St. Louis!  You have permission to use this forum to speak of the Lord's goodness and faithfulness!  Don't be afraid of Ken and Vince!  Jesus associates with these wretches!  

Roger  Shocked
Daniel Teater

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 05:42:27 am »

Roger,
Daniel Teater

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 05:46:16 am »

okay forgive me I hit the wrong button.
Yes Roger the Lord is doing a new thing.  I am very excited about the new possibilities for growth here in St. Louie.  I hope you will be able to join us for worship on Sunday morning and see and hear for yourself the great things God is doing.  There is a lot that has happened these past few weeks.  Well I got to fly but Lord bless you and hope to see you soon.
Michelle

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 09:13:56 am »

St. Louisans,

Forgive me for posting although I was not involved in your group.  I am looking for information on an old friend of mine who I lost touch with once he joined The Assembly.  During the time he joined I was very very concerned about what I learned about the organization, and expressed my doubts, to no avail.

Have you all heard from him?  It's Mike Pasatieri.  Is he okay?  

If you have any information - just if he's okay or whatever - would you let me know?  I'd appreciate it.  I pray for him a lot.

My e-mail address is realityfuel@hotmail.com.  

Thanks,
Michelle
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 09:18:00 am »

Ahh! Yes, Mike is going awesomely, and is in fact a dear friend of mine.  His roommate posed earlier on this site, Daniel Teater.  I am sorry that i do not have his contact information, but i can say that he is going well.  Next time i see him, i will meantion that you seek to contact him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 09:38:52 am by jesusfreak » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 09:20:08 am »

Hey, Freak,

Teater as in Ken?
Michelle

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 09:35:30 am »

JesusFreak, my heart just burst and I started to cry.  Thank you.  

Is he still involved with The Assembly?  

I'll admit I didn't realize the full extent of what went on within the confines of this organization until reading several of the threads on this site just now.  You see, Mike led me to the Lord and let God use him to save my life.  Then Mike introduced me to my wonderful church where GRACE is preached - consistently.  My heart breaks for anyone involved in the legalism found in these pages.  I am so, so incredibly sorry stories like this even exist.

Thank you for your reply.  Mike was such a sweet person.  I'm so glad he's doing well.  Praise God!!

-michelle
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 09:38:29 am »

Freak, eh? Love the maturity.

And yes, it was a misspelling.

Hey, Freak,

Teater as in Ken?
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 09:43:08 am »

While i wince when i assume by your comments that your only interaction with the assembly is through the loaded nature of this website, i am glad that i could help.  When i chatted with him last (about a week ago) he was still praying about what to do, and to the best of my knowledge, the Lord has led him to stay.  

JesusFreak, my heart just burst and I started to cry.  Thank you.  

Is he still involved with The Assembly?  

I'll admit I didn't realize the full extent of what went on within the confines of this organization until reading several of the threads on this site just now.  You see, Mike led me to the Lord and let God use him to save my life.  Then Mike introduced me to my wonderful church where GRACE is preached - consistently.  My heart breaks for anyone involved in the legalism found in these pages.  I am so, so incredibly sorry stories like this even exist.

Thank you for your reply.  Mike was such a sweet person.  I'm so glad he's doing well.  Praise God!!

-michelle
Michelle

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 10:19:23 am »

Wince away.  

When he first started telling me about this group, every comment he made gave me 10 more questions and a million warning bells.  Each thing he told me SCREAMED of legalism and it was horrible to hear.  Let's just say that what I've read within these pages is even worse than I thought - and what I suspected *wasn't* good.  

Legalism smacks in the face of Jesus' sacrifice.  I can't condone it.  Peace is not found in licentiousness nor legalism.   It is found in grace.

Grace and peace to you, brother mine.  I've prayed for the Lord's intervention in this for a long time.  

Your Sister,
michelle
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 10:58:30 am »

Wow
There is so much going on right now.  A lot of hurt, a lot of old scars, but a lot of rejoicing, too.  God is doing an awesome work here in St. Louis.  He is getting rejuvination, healing, and breakthrough in the lives of everyone.  There have been a few tears, but many smiles.  Michelle, Mike is a great guy and he is doing great.  God is using him mightily.  Everyone else, you have all been a big part in my life and I thank you for all your help.  We all have our problems with one another, but we need to daily see through the eyes of God, and love as such.  The light is brightening and a new day is dawning.  We can't get stuck in tradition and religion but we must realize that it is important to have a daily walk with Jesus Christ, and there is when the rivers of life begin to flow.  Lord Bless,

Luke

Luke Robinson
Roger Hommes

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 10:59:03 am »

Scott, are you wondering if Daniel Teater is offspring of Ken Teater?  Yes, he is.  And a fine young man he is, I should say.  
Joe Babor

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 07:21:20 pm »

Hey Roger, good to see your post & hear about your trip to St. louis this weekend.  My wife & I still have that lunch waiting for you---How about Sunday.   We usually don't know when your coming until your here and by that time your schedule is booked Cry.  Email me or call us @ (314)504-5060.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: