AssemblyBoard
May 08, 2024, 01:58:30 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Locking out members of this board  (Read 19574 times)
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 02:22:10 am »

Again, this entire post is for the sake of the visitors.  Golden's posts have not addressed any specifics of the accounts of the victims of George's Assembly leaders.  That is another reason their posts are not constructive.

Golden,

That's the point.  Flooding is when you post the same thing over and over again.  The reason that what the top 10 posters are doing is not called flooding is that they present new information on their posts (with the exception of their humorous replies to your flooding).

It's all about the free FLOW of information, not the needless repetition of information.

What's funny is that eventually your new account will be banned as well.  And, any time you re-register and post under a new 'anonymous' name we will always know it's you by the nature of your posts.

Jack
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 02:56:20 am by Jack Hutchinson » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 02:26:14 am »

When I was a kid, my parents bought a family membership to a swimming pool (there being no beaches in central Ohio).  Adjacent to the rather large adult pool with its diving boards & nine feet depth, was a kiddie pool, about one foot deep, for those not ready for the deeper water.
     Could we set up something like that for the BB? Huh

al

summer007

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 02:38:15 am »

Locked out ...Jesus Loves You....But you need to Chill-Out and repent and maybe you'll be reinstated...Theres a song by Avril La Viegne ...Why da ya have to go and make things so Complicated....I see the way ya actin like ya somebody else makes me frustrated, etc,etc,...Listen to it..You'll get the picture!!!
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2004, 02:41:41 am »

I suggest we leave poor Golden alone and let Brent and Brian deal with him.

Either he has not read anything on the web site or board as he has been encouraged to do and thereby deserves his life in the Assembly, or he has read all the info and refuses to acknowledge the truth, in which case . . .

Scott
struggling along

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 02:42:10 am »

Oh no!!  Golden has found out the truth about Brent!!!  He's a sinner.  He struggles (perhaps).  He has difficulties in his current fellowship.  He's not a perfect, overcoming, pharisee like he used to be (or we all tried to pretend to be - without grace).  Therefore he is incapable of speaking the truth about others.

Let him that is without sin.....  golden....
lockedoutgolden

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 02:48:59 am »

Exactly mr struggling, that is my point....but you don't seem to be able to apply it.  If all took your advice and this had been done to all who were associated with this ministry.... hmmm
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 03:03:51 am »

I suggest we leave poor Golden alone and let Brent and Brian deal with him.

Either he has not read anything on the web site or board as he has been encouraged to do and thereby deserves his life in the Assembly, or he has read all the info and refuses to acknowledge the truth, in which case . . .

Scott

Scott. I hope you are right. I know for me it was hard to accept that leaders could lie intentionally to anyone. It was very hard to imagine someone beating someone and no one speaking out. Then when I heard some other stories it about curled my hair. I am appalled that I used to support such a corrupt system. I would actively defend the Assembly to everyone in my family and elsewhere. Imagine how devastated I was when I found out it these stories were all true. Then in the face of unequivocal evidence for people to continue in silence. It is too much for me. I really hope Golden that you can figure it out. I don't personally have any problem with anyone because I figure that's God's call to deal with them. But I definitely don't want anyone having what happened to me or others to happen again. I am disgusted with what I know and am amazed at how little I even know about it. Please remember if you are wrong the enemy will use your pride to keep you from coming to the truth and be set free. I may joke about this but really this is no joking matter. You need to make sure this is the only way you can be free. Jesus said it "The truth will make you free".

Really Golden I've been around for nearly 20 years and it was very hard to leave the only family I have known. But Jesus said "sister or brother" nobody comes above Him.

Hugh  Cheesy
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 03:35:35 am »

Theres a song by Avril La Viegne ...

"Avril Lavigne"  Roll Eyes

But more seriously:

How is posting a verse mulitple times "flooding" the bulletin board? If you top 10 posters would stop posting...there would be a lot less flooding.
You all are doing exactly what you blame people in leadership of.  What about the false accusations you put forth about many people here...let's  hear the truth about  Brent...where exactly are you in fellowship these days......and how are things going for you in fellowship?

It is flooding if you purposely begin contributing posts with an intent to disrupt, if you cross-post irrelevant information to other threads, or if you post outside sources with little or no additional comment.  As for the top 10 posters comments, I am one of them.  While I sure as hell don't agree with a good portion of what is voiced, I am mature enough to address the issues in a peaceful manner; ripe not with a focus to change opinions, but to present alternative perspectives for other people’s consideration (the same reason I choose to read what other people have to say).  

Your actions thus far have shown me you choose to be inflammatory rather than considerate, conniving rather than passionate.  I would prefer not to discuss issues with someone with these qualities, regardless of their views on life.  

I am willing to accept you for your well entitled opinions but would never choose to stoop low enough to entertain your immaturity.
--
lucas
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 03:47:55 am »

Al---

I'm all for that "kiddie pool" your talking about. They kind of scare me though. I dove head first into one about a year ago, shortly before I began posting here.
Might be a good idea though.

--Joe Grin
brian

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 04:21:17 am »

golden's posts from the beginning showed no interest in discussion or interaction, only in taking potshots at people from behind a false name. after several posts along those lines failed to bring the board crashing down, he started posting the readily available stats of the board repeatedly, without any of his own thoughts. just the stats. over and over. this could be called flooding, and after the dozen-somethingth time he was warned to start interacting meaningfully or move on. then he started posting bible verses, with no explaination whatsoever, all over the bb on many different threads. he was warned again that he needs to start posting his own thoughts and stop flooding the board or his account would be suspended. he flooded the board with some bible verses yet again, and his account was suspended.

the reason he was finally able to set up another account is because we didn't go as far as we could have to lock him out. the further we go to lock him out, the greater chance we might lock out someone innocent by accident. if you find yourself locked out of the board and don't know why, email me. i have kicked his suspension up another notch. hopefully he will get the point and quit playing this silly game.

i have gotten a few other tech support emails in the past few days, which i will get to asap. i've been extremely sick for several days with this cold/flu thing thats been going around and can hardly concentrate.

golden won't be able to respond to any more posts, so theres no point in trying to discuss things with him anymore. several months of opportunity to change was enough.

brian
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 05:10:54 am »

It is flooding if you purposely begin contributing posts with an intent to disrupt, if you cross-post irrelevant information to other threads, or if you post outside sources with little or no additional comment.  

Um, Lucas, is it flooding if you write a scrip that posts a single letter repeatedly, post after post in an attempt to overtake your little sister's posting stats? Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Doh! Grin Grin Grin

S
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 06:20:26 am by Scott McCumber » Logged
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 06:54:17 am »

It is flooding if you purposely begin contributing posts with an intent to disrupt, if you cross-post irrelevant information to other threads, or if you post outside sources with little or no additional comment.  

Um, Lucas, is it flooding if you write a scrip that posts a single letter repeatedly, post after post in an attempt to overtake your little sister's posting stats? Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Doh! Grin Grin Grin

S

Completely unrelated  Roll Eyes

plus, i kept it to a single thread (that i created) as to not disrupt.....and I posted them in such as way as my intent was clear  Wink

and it wasn't neccessarily just so i could beat my little sister.....

--
lucas
retread

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 07:22:58 am »

Wow golden, 29 posts have been added to the stats in just this one little thread that you started, and that in just one day (and the day isn't even over yet).  I don't know if I will ever comprehend the stats like you, but still - very impressive.
editor
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 07:53:58 am »

How is posting a verse mulitple times "flooding" the bulletin board? If you top 10 posters would stop posting...there would be a lot less flooding.
You all are doing exactly what you blame people in leadership of.  What about the false accusations you put forth about many people here...let's  hear the truth about   Brent...where exactly are you in fellowship these days......and how are things going for you in fellowship?

The Truth about Brent:

I was in the Assembly for a little over 17 years.  For most of that time I was a true believer, and gave myself to learning and promoting the Heavenly Vision.  At one time, I was one of David Geftakys's best friends.   I was also very close to Tim.

I had significant financial dealings with the ministry.

I knew about David's abuse of Judy for years before I said anything.  

I learned about George's past in late 2001, and was able to confirm everything by August 2002.

I have been "in fellowship," at Calvary Chapel SLO since July 4th, 2000.  (Our Independence Day!)

We are involved and somewhat active in the church, and the pastors are quite aware of the Geftakys ministry and played an active role in the reconciliation of us in SLO.

False (or true) accusations about me should be addressed to Brian Stupar, Steve Anselm and James Rey, who are the pastors of Calvary SLO.  You can find them on the web.  I encourage all of my critics to send long emails to them listing my sins, both real and imagined.  This way, you have the best chance of tarnishing my reputation.  (Not that I care, but it is your best option if you want to see me get what's coming to me...)

Things are going great in fellowship, golden.  Thanks for asking.  You are welcome to attend our home group on Tuesday nites if you wish.  We are going to have dinner, and then either go thru a chapter of the Bible (don't know which book yet) or perhaps a good Christian book.  ( I want to do "We Would See Jesus.")  Let us know if you want to come.  You are welcome to pass out stats, or photocopied verses.  I'm sure it will make a big impression on people.

Also, golden was banned for obvious reasons.  His constant posting of stats, later backed up by cryptic posting of a certain passage of scripture was annoying.  Since Brian has given me ADMIN status,  I used my own good judgement and banned him for being annoying, boorish, and taking up storage space on the server.

In case someone wants to complain about how unfair that is,  I would just like to quote Betty Geftakys:  "Life isn't fair.  The sooner we understand that, the better off we will be."

The truth about Brent is that I am getting rich off this, and am enjoying a constant flow of cash from the TOP TEN posters, none of which I account for in any way.  I have also taken a fancy to some of the female posters, with whom I spend much time in private chat rooms.  This shouldn't be a problem for any of you.  (the last part may not be totally true.....)

Brent
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 08:22:38 am »

. . . I used my own good judgement and banned him for being annoying, boorish, and taking up storage space on the server.

Brent

*gulp!*

Guess my time here is about up, huh? Shocked

S

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: