AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 07:13:50 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Brother George Displays His Unspeakable Gift  (Read 12817 times)
outdeep

Email
« on: February 15, 2006, 09:15:47 pm »

Brother George Displays His Unspeakable Gift

Los Angeles, CA - Brother George Geftakys, who was formerly excommunicated for his role in covering up his son’s spousal abuse as well as inappropriate liaisons with younger women, was recently welcomed at the Assembly in Los Angeles on the provision that he is not allowed to speak in the meeting.

Insiders report that Geftakys, in order to deliver the burden submitted to him from the kitchen of heaven, has recently joined the mime group Pilgrim Players in order to get around the restriction and continue to communicate the heavenly vision to his followers.

“It is, like, totally awesome how the Lord is moving,” said an insider and current member of the Los Angeles Pilgrim Players, “Praise the Lord!  Like, we have been doing this play called ‘The Mask’ that was made like thirty years ago but like God is on the move.  I mean, I don’t know what the mime means, but it sure looks glorious.”

Some viewers of the mime at a recent outreach expressed concerns especially when Brother George acted out a scene from Song of Solomon which included hip gyrations and kissy-lips that appeared to be directed towards a young twenty-year-old visitor wearing spandex athletic attire.

“That is simply an outrageous accusation against the Lord’s Servant,” responded an unnamed leading brother from West Los Angeles.  “It is obvious that brother George was simply being faithful to the text and challenging us to a higher level.  Besides, there were no witnesses.”

It is unclear how often George will be traveling with the mime group.  Insiders suggest that George will probably spend more time at the Assemblies in Riverside and San Francisco where his sins had never happened.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 11:28:07 pm by Dave Sable » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 11:58:57 pm »

PUBLIC NOTICE
The previous post represents the personal opinions of its author, who is expressing his views under the protection of the First Amendment of the Constitutiion of the United States of America.

The administrator and moderators of this bulletin board cannot accept any responsibility or liability for:

1. Bundles developing in the underwear of persons who object to the humorous tone of the post.

2. Physical problems resulting from busting a gut laughing while reading the aforementioned post.

Thomas Maddux

Wink
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 07:29:23 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

And all the saints said...........................
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 09:51:52 am by moonflower » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:43:08 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Vista
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 04:27:46 am »

A reworked Hymn should now be sung at assembly wosrhip, it should be called;

Surround him with many Clowns

Surround him with many clowns,
put George upon his throne.
Hark! How the assembly system drowns
all doctrine but its own.
Go to sleep my soul and sing,
of him who likes young ladies
and hail him as my assembly king
through all eternity

Surround him with the old assenbly life
who triumped over earthly accountability
and rose victorious in the strife
for those he came to enslave
his glories now we sing
who climbed and rose on high,
who climbed the heavenly ladder to bring
the assembly life lie
Marty

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 05:47:51 am »

Is is just me or does anyone else think the last post has crossed the line in its mockery.

I would like to see it removed.

moonflower2

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 06:13:49 am »

Is is just me or does anyone else think the last post has crossed the line in its mockery.

It's just you. You may have missed some of the previous songs regarding GG.
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 04:55:50 am »

Why would that post cross the line?  It was kind of funny.  Sometimes the truth hurts!
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 09:13:04 am »

Why would that post cross the line?  It was kind of funny.  Sometimes the truth hurts!

I agree.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 06:41:43 am »

I would like to see it removed.

I didn't like seeing that wonderful hymn used the way it was either Marty.  The lyrics speak of a very wonderful and sacred truth that are near and dear to my heart.

The greatest mockery, however, is not how it was used above, rather it is the fact that these WLA folks (as well as those that think as they do) who are singing this blessed hymn with GG!

Are you also outraged at what these WLA leaders have done in accepting GG back "into fellowship" Marty?  What is worse-----showing what a sham these GG defenders make of their Christian profession, or protesting against those that point out their deep hypocrisy via the means above?

If you are not more disgusted with the WLA leaders, and their journey toward full-blown cult, than just protesting the sarcastic use of a song the WLA Assembly professes to believe in, but in practice denies, it is then a very inadequate response to make on your part.

I think "Vista" used that particular hymn because he/she knew it was an Assembly favorite and wanted to point our the irony via his/her sarcasm.  It was not funny to me, rather it was sad but true, and one that breaks my heart.  I think maybe the Lord might feel the same way about those that worship with their lips but their heart is far from Him.

The same may go for the phrase, "The Unspeakable Gift", which is taken from the NT and describes God's gift through the death of His Son for each one of us, and which parody started this thread.  Should we be using this wonderful biblical truth to point out the shameful behavior of an unrepentant former religious leader who used his place of power to feed his own lusts?!

How about the former members, who while not "breaking bread with GG", still deny the sinful practices that clearly went on in the Assembly of GG?  Or, how about those former leaders that admit these things but refuse to come forward and condemn their shameful Assembly history?

True worship of Jesus Christ that "crowns Him with many crowns," in more than singing and as former/present Assembly members we must honestly face the above questions, as they will one day have to face that King and answer personally, as shall we all.

God Bless,  Mark C.

Oscar

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:54:53 am »

Mark,

I think you are right on your pointing out what the greatest outrage really is.

When WLA received GG back into "fellowship" they, IMHO, simply validated his way of operating.

Although I do not have firsthand knowledge of what I am about to say, in that I did not witness the actual events, folks who were there have told me the following.

In the years before the assembly was founded GG fellowshipped among the Plymouth Bretheren in Southern California.  During that time he was accused of committing adultery.

He was disciplined by his local assembly.  He never, however, admitted what he had done.  He did, however, tell the early leading brothers in Fullerton that these PB leaders had "written a letter" about him.  He did not, however, say what the letter contained other than to say that "they lied about me."

It is my understanding that after a period of time they allowed him back into fellowship, and he was invited to preach in several assembliies.  He was not allowed to become an elder.

It looks like these folks in WLA are letting him get away with the same game again.   Shocked    Cry

Imagine how different things might have been if the PB elders from his past had come forward and told folks of his history with them.  They knew that he was starting a work among young people, but they uttered not a word.

Sad then, sadder now.

Thomas Maddux
outdeep

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 02:23:26 am »

Often good satire is an appropriate means to express outrage and communicate the lunacy of the situation.  The book Animal Farm probably did more to illustrate the hypocracy and failure of Communism (and to a much wider audience) that a direct verbal attack.  I'm not sure outrage and satire are mutually exclusive.
M2
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 09:20:22 am »

Mark,

I think you are right on your pointing out what the greatest outrage really is.

When WLA received GG back into "fellowship" they, IMHO, simply validated his way of operating.

Although I do not have firsthand knowledge of what I am about to say, in that I did not witness the actual events, folks who were there have told me the following.

In the years before the assembly was founded GG fellowshipped among the Plymouth Bretheren in Southern California.  During that time he was accused of committing adultery.

He was disciplined by his local assembly.  He never, however, admitted what he had done.  He did, however, tell the early leading brothers in Fullerton that these PB leaders had "written a letter" about him.  He did not, however, say what the letter contained other than to say that "they lied about me."

It is my understanding that after a period of time they allowed him back into fellowship, and he was invited to preach in several assembliies.  He was not allowed to become an elder.

It looks like these folks in WLA are letting him get away with the same game again.   Shocked    Cry

Imagine how different things might have been if the PB elders from his past had come forward and told folks of his history with them.  They knew that he was starting a work among young people, but they uttered not a word.

Sad then, sadder now.

Thomas Maddux

Imagine how different things might have been for WLA et al if ....

Often good satire is an appropriate means to express outrage and communicate the lunacy of the situation.  The book Animal Farm probably did more to illustrate the hypocracy and failure of Communism (and to a much wider audience) that a direct verbal attack.  I'm not sure outrage and satire are mutually exclusive.

In the final analysis, the facts would indicate that it was not satire that exposed the Geftakys system for what what it is.  Unless, of course, I am unaware of recent developments and WLA has seen the light after reading your post.

Marcia
outdeep

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 05:50:36 pm »

Imagine how different things might have been for WLA et al if ....

In the final analysis, the facts would indicate that it was not satire that exposed the Geftakys system for what what it is.  Unless, of course, I am unaware of recent developments and WLA has seen the light after reading your post.

Marcia
I don't think it is an either/or thing as you suggest but more of a both/and thing.  Both are appropriate means to describe our criticism to the silly things our former comrads are doing.  I enjoy both when done well.
Marty

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 10:21:07 pm »

Just a final comment in response to some of these posts by Mark and Tom and others regarding the issue I raised. Then I will fade off into oblivion.

As usual, you boys have again diverted the conversation to confuse the issue. It has nothing to do with what people are doing in WLA or what people are doing in other assembly gatherings. It has nothing to do with ones degree of outrage or lack thereof on how some decide to meet and whom they decide to accept.

It has to do with the posts on this bb.

See, I can’t control what others do but I can control what I do. I can’t stop George. I can’t stop the assemblies. I can’t stop the Mormons, the JW’s, the Masons, the Divine Light Mission, the abortionists, the democrats, the Dutch, etc, etc. Shame on me that my outrage doesn’t include mocking that which I, and my brethren use to glorify the God of creation.

Using hymns that have been used to worship the One true God and His Son by millions of Christians over the centuries for your satire, in my opinion, is inappropriate. Maybe this particular hymn was sung in the assembly. Does that now make it fodder for pigs? Does butchering what honors God justify that action because we don’t like what others are doing? Is there no other means by which you can get your point across other than this method?

If this bb is to be considered “Christian” it will only be so if the content of it honors Christ. Anything else is secular and worldly. For us unassuming blokes please be clear on your purpose. From my observations I don’t see where you are any better than those you criticize

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: