AssemblyBoard
May 25, 2024, 03:44:11 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Left Behind Series  (Read 4718 times)
Uh Oh

Email
« on: June 24, 2003, 06:01:22 pm »

Im curious about two things:

1) When the assembly was in its hey day, what was leaderships thoughts on The Left Behind Series?

2) What are peoples thoughts on The Left Behind Series?
d3z

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 09:04:38 pm »

Im curious about two things:

1) When the assembly was in its hey day, what was leaderships thoughts on The Left Behind Series?
In San Diego, we showed the first Left Behind movie as an outreach.  The preaching afterward had a basic disclaimer that this was just a movie, and not very accurate.
2) What are peoples thoughts on The Left Behind Series?
Personally, I feel it comes across like a soap opera.

I do feel that Tim LaHaye's dogma about a pre-trib rapture is a bit extreme.  He comes very close to saying that if you don't believe in a pre-trib rapture, you are a heretic.
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 12:15:55 am »

The acting in LEFT BEHIND was a bit cheesy, although Kirk Cameron looked as good as always!
psalm51

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 12:57:46 am »

I think the Left Behind Series is very poorly written.  Did you know that LaHaye and Jenkins don't write them they are ghost-written at least most of them?
I long for a Christian fiction writer to write something that has some substance and not just cheesy romances and obvious plot lines.
vbeers

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 06:17:10 pm »

a.  eulaha- i have to disagree with you on the kirk cameron topic...i find him rather unattractive

b.  pat, you may want to check with my mom...she does A LOT of reading and i know that she has read several christian series that she really likes.  she doesn't do cheese (as you may well imagine)...

c.  i wonder if tim g.  plans to pen a series of christian novels...say, "the big behind" series...
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 01:17:39 am »

Well vbeers, you are definitely in the minority when it comes to Kirk Cameron's looks!  He was a major heart throbe and extremely popular with teenage girls for many, many years in the late 80's! Cool  I think I even had a couple posters of him on my own bedroom wall. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: