AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 08:19:04 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTION OF THE DAY/OPINIONS WELCOME  (Read 108323 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2005, 01:21:04 am »

I think I know #3, but that's it for me.  Where's Steve Fortescue when we need him? Grin

al
vernecarty
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2005, 07:16:06 am »

:)On Saturday Night, the men of my church put on a fancy meal for the ladies of the church.
It was a real fun evening.
It was by invitation.
The tables were adorn with candles and flowers.
Each lady received a corsage.
We were allowed to barely get off our chairs.
Everything was served, from the water through to the dessert.
Music of violins played in the background. Each setting at the table had a name tag.
The courses including eggdrop soup, scrimp and avacado salad in pastry, to roast beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans ties in green onions, aspargus, on a bed of lettuce, dinner roll, then for dessert it was poached pears with berry sauce and icecream.
Following that was men put on a skit, and music.
We had a games.  One of the games was find the
            LADY IN THE MIDDLE
1.  AB  NORMA..LITY
2.  SUM .MARIE...S
3.   O.VERA..CTIVE
4.  A...DORA...TION
5. REA..LIZ...E
6.  S..EVE..NTY
7.  BIG..AMY......
8.   TIS..SUE.........

Most around our table got 7 of them.
It was number 6 that stump us.

See how you do.

What fun!  Glad you had a good time Lenore.

Help!! I'm drawing blanks on the answers.  The only one I have is number 6, and that was from someone else.

Marcia

Thinking games are fun!!
Verne

« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 07:17:50 am by VerneCarty » Logged
lenore
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2005, 09:37:27 am »

Game:
1. ab.....lity
2. sum.....s
3. o....ctive
4. a....tion
5. rea...e
6. s...nty
7. big...
8. tis...

To get the answers you will have to email. Then I remember that I may not have internet after today. So I will give you the answers.
Did any of you who were putting on their thinking caps come up with the right ones.  If so which one.
Remember be honest.

Answers are
1. NORMA
2. MARIE
3. VERA
4. DORA
5. LIZ
6. EVE
7. AMY
8. SUE

Remember on Saturday Night , our table looked at this for an hour, and still couldnt come up with number 6, until the answer was revealed. It was the easiest.

lenore
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2005, 06:18:01 am »

March 10th :

Has anyone one ever read the books that were written between the Old Testament and the New Testament, like the history of the Maccabees.

Haley Bible Handbook:

I Maccabees, An historical work of great value on the Maccabean period, relating events of the Jews' heroic struggle for liberty (175-135 BC) Written about 100 BC by a Palestinian Jew.

II Maccabees. This is also a account of the Maccabean struggle  confining itself to the period of 175-161 BC. It professes to be an abridgement of a work written by a certain Jason of Cyrene, of whom nothing is known. Supplements  I Maccabees, but is inferior  to it.

Haley's Handbook lists other historical books that were written during the Old Testament Times and the New Testament Times.
Has anyone read any of these books, and what did you think of them.

lenore
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2005, 11:22:35 pm »

APRIL 2, 2005:

Hi: Our church is embarking on the 40 days of purpose starting tonight, with a Video presentation. This will be a six week course. Sunday School will be doing as well. The adult sunday school will be studying. And those who are busy doing there own lesson plans teaching. There will be a small groups study on Monday Nights.
SO pray for our little church and the participants of this series, that God will get out each of our lives what he has purposed.

I may do another thread as I get more involved in this.

Here are some questions , I like you to think over and particpate in some discussion.

Section One:
WHAT ON EARTH AM I HERE FOR?

What do you think of the implications of this 'IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU"?

What drives you? What has been the driving force behind your life?

What image or metaphor best describes your life?

If life on earth just a preparation for eternity, How should we be acting and thinking?

What things that attract you keeps you from living out God's purpose?

What keeps people from pursuing God's purpose for them?
lenore
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2005, 09:42:21 pm »

April 15

Here are some questions in the end of each section of the chapter studies of
Purpose Driven LIfe.

1. In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself.

2.I know that God, uniquely created me, What area of my personality , background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept.

3. What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life.
What do I want it to be?

4. Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?

5.  What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

6. How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the ay I am living right now?

7.  Where is my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory?

8.  What common task could I start doing as if I were doing for Jesus/

9. Since God knows what is best in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?

10.  What area of my life am I holding back from God?

11.  What can I do to remind myself to think about God and talk to him more often throughout the day?

12.  What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?

13.  Which is more pleasing to God right now - my public worship or my private worship.
What will I do about this?

14.   How can I stay focus on God's presence, especially when he feels distant?

If you have not read the book the PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE BY RICK WARREN, it is a thought provoking book.
If you get the chance to attend a small group/sunday school sessions on his video series on the 40 days of purpose .  I think the opportunity to do so is worth it.
There are areas that make you think and explore God word a little deeper for yourself.

The above questions I am doing a lot of soul searching and having to put feet to my feelings on these matters, and it is not easy.

I would appreciate some participation in some of these questions to get insight from you, to help me with my soul searching on my own feelings on them.  Thanks.
Lenore
lenore
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2005, 09:22:15 pm »

April 30

WEEK FOUR QUESTIONS:

DAY 22:
IN WHAT AREA OF MY L IFE DO I NEED TO ASK FOR THE SPIRIT'S POWER TO BE LIKE CHRIST TODAY?

DAY 23
WHAT IS ONE AREA WHERE I NEED TO STOP THINKING MY WAY AND START THINKING GOD'S WAY?

DAY 24
WHAT HAS GOD ALREADY TOLD ME IN HIS WORD THAT I HAVEN'T STARTED DOING YET?

DAY 25
WHAT PROBLEM IN MY  LIFE HAS CAUSED THE GREATEST GROWTH IN ME?

DAY 26
WHAT CHRISTLIKE CHARACTER QUALITY CAN I DEVELOP BY DEFEATING THE MOST COMMON TEMPTATION I FACE?

DAY 27
WHO CAN I ASK TO BE A SPIRITUAL PARTNER TO HELP ME DEFEAT A PERSISTENT TEMPTATION BY PRAYING FOR ME?

DAY 28
IN WHAT AREA OF MY SPIRITUAL GROWTH DO I NEED TO BE MORE PATIENT AND PERSISTENT?

LENORE
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2005, 07:16:04 am »

May 6th:

I was thinking....dangerous I know....

Would anyone be interested in doing a book report...book club...where weekly..daily...we discuss a chapter of a book.

Whether it would be a chapter of a secular book..Christian Book..
Self help book...Novel...Book of the Bible....A daily devotional book like our Daily Bread.

Discuss certain aspects of what we learned...
or comments etc.

Would you please think about it...and let me know if there is any interest in this?

Thanks

Lenore.

So did any one read todays Daily Bread.
Any comments about what the author said...re his dog.. and trust circumstances....

Lenore
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2005, 05:32:08 am »

May 8th: HAPPY LORD'S DAY.

I have one question that has been burning in me since yesterday.

It has to do with what has went on during the last week.

WHY ARE CHRISTIANS FRIENDSHIPS SO SUPERFICIAL, OR FAIR WEATHERED?

Reason why I am asking this question.
Is that the roller coaster ride I was on since a week ago Saturday.
One week later, for what ever reason, when one of the members of the body of CHrist, is in serious crisis, it severe and run tactic.

That is all I am going to say about.

editor
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2005, 05:42:07 am »

May 8th: HAPPY LORD'S DAY.

I have one question that has been burning in me since yesterday.

It has to do with what has went on during the last week.

WHY ARE CHRISTIANS FRIENDSHIPS SO SUPERFICIAL, OR FAIR WEATHERED?

Reason why I am asking this question.
Is that the roller coaster ride I was on since a week ago Saturday.
One week later, for what ever reason, when one of the members of the body of CHrist, is in serious crisis, it severe and run tactic.

That is all I am going to say about.

I must say that my Christian friends are not superficial. They are true friends, and as such they treat me right.  One of them even tells me I'm wrong sometimes, and because I know he really cares about me, I listen.

A true friend will tell you the truth.  Someone who is not your friend will tell you what you want to hear, only if it's in their best interest.

A real friend will say and do what's right, even if it angers you, because they want what's best.

So, in my experience, Christian friends are the best kind.

Brent
M2
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2005, 09:58:47 am »

I must say that my Christian friends are not superficial. They are true friends, and as such they treat me right.  One of them even tells me I'm wrong sometimes, and because I know he really cares about me, I listen.

A true friend will tell you the truth.  Someone who is not your friend will tell you what you want to hear, only if it's in their best interest.

A real friend will say and do what's right, even if it angers you, because they want what's best.

So, in my experience, Christian friends are the best kind.

Brent

It is amazing how ones I thought were my friends drop me because they did not like my POV.  To me a disagreement is a disagreement, but to some a disagreement means "I am mad at them" or that I am siding against them.  I am not going to flatter them just to be kept in theri good books.  So they drop me. Sad

Marcia
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2005, 03:27:20 am »

Question:

When dealing with people....Which is better?

Quote"
Catching flies with honey or with vingear""
editor
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2005, 03:32:49 am »

Question:

Quote"

If you want a lot of flies in the house, honey is best.  If you want to get rid of flys, you use something that they don't like.

If you want to attract plenty of people, tell them what they want to hear, and promise to meet whatever need they have.  That's called marketing.

If you tell people something they don't want to hear, they don't like it, and often don't like you.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2005, 03:54:53 am »

Question:

Quote"

I would say it depends on the kind of people... Smiley
Verne
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2005, 04:13:20 am »

There is something that flies are really attracted to--it's usually found out on the
lawn in the backyard if you have a dog. And if you are able to talk enough of
it, you'll attract the most flies.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: