AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 02:10:37 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GRACE AND TRUTH:  (Read 41891 times)
Joe Denner

Email
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2003, 07:32:27 pm »

Pat,

Thank you for the reading suggestions.  And, please say hello to Wayne for me.  I have really been praying for your family.  Wayne has been a real example and encouragement to me over the years - his tender heart and love for Christ.

Joe
sue xander

Email
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2003, 09:12:57 am »

To teach and to learn are the same root word in Hebrew.  Teachers are responsible because they control the subject, the style, the setting, and the speaker.  Truth sets people free, but truth MUST be taught to set people free.
Teachers will stand accountable to God for their influence.  (James 3:1;  Hebrews 13:17)  Teachers impact more by their character and commitment than their communication.
Bruce Wilkinson
The leaders/ elders  are the teachers in the assemblies.  According to the Word of God  they shall receive a stricter judgement, and will have to give an account.  
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2003, 08:27:51 am »

Hi Joe,
  My thought's re. your consideration is a resounding Amen!  The definition of grace that you discussed was wonderfully encouraging for just the reason that you mentioned: Grace is the activity of God in our souls!
  The Assembly understanding of grace was basically, "God helps those that help themselves."  Under GG we had to actualize grace through a redefintion of the Biblical concept of faith.  GG taught that faith, after initial salvation, changed from "hearing and recieving" to striving and struggling.  If we demonstrated the above actions God would reward us with his Spirit of grace.
   How wonderful to know that God's grace is so available and powerful in every believer; how wonderful to know God's confidence in His ability to complete in us what He has begun.
   Thank you so much for your thought!  God Bless,  Mark C.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2003, 07:55:22 pm »

Dear Greg,
   I just can't really picture you as an out of control anything! Grin
   Yes, that verse is in the Bible and does indeed reside in the hidden book of Hezikiah.  Now, you may laugh at that but just as man was created on the 7th day so there are other scriptures hidden in the text we can find if we have the proper lens to view the truth. Wink Wink Wink
    Speaking of that, Bob says he never heard GG teach the 7th day creation theorem.
                                           God Bless,  Mark
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2003, 08:35:30 pm »

Speaking of that, Bob says he never heard GG teach the 7th day creation theorem.

He mentioned it in one of the lectures during this last Teen Team.  This was the morning i tried to see how much espresso shots i could take (i stopped at 9) so i was not really in shape to think about it than, but a couple people asked me what i thought about it the next day.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2003, 08:36:27 pm by JesusFreak (Luke S) » Logged
psalm51

Email
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2003, 01:03:33 am »

George did preach about the 7th day here in Champaign.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2003, 03:57:38 am »

Thank you Pat and Luke for confirming what I thought other's had said here.  I was talking with a present Assem. member and since he had never personally heard the teaching was doubting whether GG had actually said it.  When I first heard that GG was teaching this I thought it was some kind of a joke.  Apparently GG is getting worse, not better, in his unique Bible study method.
                   God Bless,  Mark C.
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2003, 04:06:12 am »

Hi Mark,

Bob says he never heard GG teach the 7th day creation theorem.

That's probably because Bob has been too distracted to listen to George anyway.  Remember we were only supposed to get one thought out of a 2 hour seminar lecture.  (I would flunk any school with that type of assimilation.  Wink)

George taught this at the Winter Seminar 2002, Spring Seminar 2002, and I heard the Fall Seminar 2002.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Bob was usually at the door or doing some dork-eeper function so he might have missed it.

A former dork-eeper,

Eric
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2003, 04:13:00 am »

Thanks Eric,
  Watch the BB activity fall dramatically for the next couple of hours.  We will also discover who has TV's and who does not.  I, of course, do not have reception as I am more spiritual then most (please keep me updated on the score though Wink).
                    God Bless,   Mark C.

PS-- The score re. today's meeting in Fullerton is more interesting. (Does anyone have that score?)
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2003, 07:05:58 am »

Since noone else has responded to you Mark, re: the score today (from the football game-I don't know re: Fullerton), the score:

Raiders 3

Bucs  34

I am watching the tv as I type on my laptop (ahhhhh - technology Grin)
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2003, 07:18:37 am »

Thanks Kimberley Smiley
  What of the score re. the Fullerton meeting from today?
                                         God bless,  Mark
retread

Email
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2003, 03:54:02 am »

"God helps those that help themselves."

Mark, Is that verse in Hezekiah?  I know it gets quoted a lot by people that have never read the Bible.

12  For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. (PS 72:12)
Is that in First or Second Hezekiah. Grin I still can't find it, and I thought that I knew the scriptures from Generations to Revolutions. Grin Maybe I need one of GG's Bibles.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 03:54:37 am by retread » Logged
lenore
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2004, 01:07:29 pm »

:)JUNE 25: 4:12 AM

FROM THE BOOK: THE TALE OF THE TARDY OXCART

Subject: Grace:

Humpty Dumpty had an unsolvable problem.
We have a problem too, but ours has a solution.

Jesus Christ came to our wall,
Jesus Christ died for our fall;
So that regardless of death and in spite of sin,
Through grace, He might put us together again.

Subject: Truth:

The best way to show that a stick is crooked is not to argue about it or to spend time denouncing it,
but to lay a straight stick alongside it.

Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2004, 04:15:23 am »

Wow what a story!!  I received this today from a dear sister in the Lord.

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighbourhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something.

As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door!

He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown.

The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, "What was that all about and who are you?
Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?"

The young boy was apologetic. "Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do," He pleaded. "I threw the brick because no one else would stop..." With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car.

It's my brother," he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me." Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat.

He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts.  A quick look told him everything was going to be okay..

"Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home.

It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: "Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a  brick at you to get your attention!"

God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen,He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

Thought for the Day:If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.

If He had a wallet,your photo would be in it.

He sends you flowers every spring. He sends you a sunrise every morning. Face it, friend - He is crazy about you!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Jesus said look the fields are teaming with opportunities.

Lord bless
Hugh Smiley
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2004, 04:25:05 am »

Hugh--

What an encouragement!!

--joe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: