AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 09:11:04 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: assembly "urban legends"  (Read 20011 times)
shinchy

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2004, 03:38:02 am »

Talking about people (especially workers) from the past, I thought I saw Erik Farien in downtown San Diego today. Does anyone know if he still lives in San Diego?
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 06:01:20 am »

Dave:

The Zachs' didn't sell their house---they never bought it--they were renting it.

Shin:

No, Erik is no longer living in San Diego;  he and his family have been living in Fullerton the past two years.

Matt
outdeep

Email
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 05:47:39 pm »

Thanks for the correction, Matt.  Wrong assumption on my part.

-Dave
summer007

Email
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2004, 06:47:33 am »

Shinichi, Could you please post the "Clocks Man" again. I can't find it.....Coldplays 'Clocks' was on today in the car and I could'nt help but think of your man...Thanks Summer. p.s. I know its on your shinichi tv site, but it doesnt stay put.  Are those pics of You? Cute if they are...
shinchy

Email
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2004, 10:50:00 pm »

Shinichi, Could you please post the "Clocks Man" again. I can't find it.....Coldplays 'Clocks' was on today in the car and I could'nt help but think of your man...Thanks Summer. p.s. I know its on your shinichi tv site, but it doesnt stay put.  Are those pics of You? Cute if they are...

Hi Summer,
Yes, the guy in front of the acorn and oak trees is me. Thanks. Smiley

Here's the larger JPEG of the man with the clock. The text reads: Il a recu la vision celeste des horloges. Translation: He recieved the heavenly vision of the clocks.

I like Coldplay too. Listening to musis post-Assembly life is fun. The CD that just won't leave my player right now is Modest Mouse's _Good News For People Who Like Bad News_. Darkly upbeat, _Good News for People Who Like Bad News_ evokes The Violet Femmes, Tom Waits, and Joy Division. Favorite quote from the CD is from "The View": If it takes s#!* to make bliss, well I feel pretty blissfully... If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd rather not see beauty again.

With some of the things that have gone down in my life, I feel pretty blissfully. And it's not "rejoicing." I've learned a lot about myself in the past few years and those experience are a part of who I am, good and bad. The stuff Benny, the narrator of the Gold Lady stories, goes through is much worse but he's never became cynical, especially with how his character has developed over the past couple of years.

I need to update that site. So much stuff to put up!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 11:29:30 pm by Shin Evans » Logged
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2004, 07:55:05 am »

All:

Other nuances of unwritten but definite assumptions about things in the old assembly........

You were a more godly brother/sister and thus more suited for marriage if you went on a Mission and Training Team (could be sour grapes...the one time I was about to go on one, I lost my job and could not go)..a true rite of passage...

The people that chose hymns out of the "Hymns for the Little Flock" were more advanced in spiritual things (actually, I like the hymn book but it seemed that some people would pick out obscure hymns and tell us the tune just to show us how knowledgeable they were).

How is it that George went to preach to all these places throughout the world (if he did), and yet showed very little evidence of having learned enough of any language to speak to people in those places?  Do some brethren from overseas have any experiences of being around him at those times?  Please contribute.

Did George think himself above other ethnic groups?  I noted that during one missionary convocation, when Nigerian and Kenyan brethren were present, that Mark and Tim, who had gone to these countries, wore the garments that were made for them by the grateful brethren, yet I have NEVER seen GG in an African outfit.  The pictures I have seen of him in Africa have him looking like the great white hunter minus his gun and sun hat.  

More later.

Matt

David Mauldin
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2004, 08:02:44 am »

Dave,  My church shared the building with the Fullerton group about 8 months ago.  I pocked my head in the door and saw about 3o adults.. John Kehoe, Brad Mathews, Dennis Hittle, Tim Geftakys, Mark Miller. My impression was, wow this place is nothing like it was. Are they now visiting other  churches?
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2004, 09:00:49 am »

Dave:

Of the people you have mentioned, only the Millers and the Kehoes are visiting other places, to my knowledge.  The Kehoes are still (last I heard) betwixt and between because of John's involvement with children's ministry at Fullerton.

Matt
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: