AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 04:12:20 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding God's Will  (Read 4236 times)
hopeful

Email
« on: February 06, 2003, 08:53:21 pm »

Why is it that so many here are telling me I need to seriously pray and find out where the Lord wants me.  I mean seriously pray.  And then, so many here are saying, You seriously need to leave.  Why do I need to pray, if you already know God's will for my life?  And - if you know and can tell me God's will for my life, and expect me to do it, how is that any different than what you are standing so much against?  There are a growing number who will not settle for anything less than complete dispersion.  Where does that leave any room for me to say what God wants for me?  It doesn't leave me any room at all!  So - do I need to pray, or do I need to leave?

Hopeful
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 09:17:27 pm »

Dear Hopeful:

What would your counsel be to a Morman or a Jehovah's Witness?  Just stay in your respective "church" even though it is a cult?

Just asking.
hopeful

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 10:50:07 pm »

People wake up easier if you wake them gently.  I would not tell them flat out they need to leave, like so many are insisting in the case of these assemblies.  I would ask some questions, get them thinking, and keep them reading the scriptures and praying.  If they truly got saved, the Lord can either do it or He can't.  And I would see what He does.  I wouldn't just start telling them, now the first thing you absolutely must do is leave that place.  It wouldn't fly, any more than it is flying with me right now.

Hopeful
brad

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 11:17:05 pm »

Dear Hopeful,

Hang in there...many of us are trying to keep you from the painful mistakes of our past. The Assembly system seems to be in a random disorder...with some local churches disbanding and being accountable to their fellow pastors...while others have been reported to re-organize and potentially revive the old manner of fellowship.  Based on your situation...which no one knows....there are several diffrent valid responses to your question.

1. Run. - Abusive and unrepentant  decietful men are to be avoided...get into another church and move on. No prayer needed.
2. Stay and Pray....with local leaders who have conceded their error and or duplicity...and who earnestly are in repentance. This is a tough situation for any of us to judge. Let GOD lead your heart and mind through this morass of issues. But, stay tuned to this BB and keep the free flow of facts near you.
3. Do the recommended six week break.

I am not assuming to know any of the above as the "Best" answers for you. These represent the three major choices you have ahead of you, based on the various situations at diffrent locations...you might only have one or two...God bless you, and take hope that he will not leave you...Proverbs 3/5-6 is a wonderful friend to have in a time like this.

God bless,

B Mathias Smiley
Joseph Reisinger

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 11:20:11 pm »

Brad,
Amen.  well, save for the part about random disorder - I think there is more order to things than you think - whether it is God's or men's remains to be seen.  If you mean simply that each situation is unique then I agree with you there as well.
Joseph
brad

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 11:25:50 pm »

Joseph, Wink

I hope you know me by now...no offense intended. I meant that each location has a unique and diffrent set of issues with the leadership and the saints. No cohesive order has been re-established from Fullerton and to date no official leader has claimed any rights to move forward...thus the local churches are in a "random" state. No one being the same as another.

Whew...you guys always keep me on my toes....( thats GOOD  Smiley

Peace...

B.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: