AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 04:42:36 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bible Study for Women  (Read 5503 times)
psalm51

Email
« on: February 02, 2003, 08:40:46 am »

Does anyone have any suggestions about bible study materials for women? Several sisters and I have been meeting for bible study, but are looking for something better than what we are currently using. Has anyone used a book that they would recommend - preferably not just geared to marriage and children. Thanks in Advance. Smiley
Pat
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 08:48:43 am »

Pat,
Beth Moore has some excellent stuff.  I have gone through "A Woman's Heart - God's Dwelling Place" with a friend.  It's pretty in depth.  You do something each day for about 10 weeks.  Each day ends with the two questions 1)How did God speak to you directly today? and 2) What is your response to Him?  Definitely gets you into applying what you have learned.  That's two book recommendations from me now!
Andrea
Ann Vanasse

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 08:58:00 am »

My Dearest Sister Pat,
I have the videos for the Beth Moore series, "Breaking Free".  A bit ironic isn't it?  It is a tremendous series.  I can loan it to you at a special family rate...or not.   Shocked

younger, smarter and humbler sister,
Ann
psalm51

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 08:59:58 am »

please send asap or I'll tell mom on you. Shocked Shocked Shocked You know what you did.
Ann Vanasse

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 09:09:28 am »

and I repented.  But you know that I know that you know what you did.  
 Tongue
CBrown

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 09:19:41 am »

ENOUGH!

Now get to your rooms you two!
psalm51

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 09:22:22 am »

You're not my mom Tongue nah,nah,nah,nah,naaaah,nah
MichelleDJ

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 09:28:50 am »

Andrea, you beat me to it.  Beth Moore's stuff is great.

I have a few other recommendations:

Cynthia Heald's "Becoming a Woman of" series.  I have completed "...Prayer," "...Purpose," and "...Grace" but have yet to complete "...Excellence."

Two of my favorite female authors are Susan Hunt and Elizabeth George.  Susan Hunt's non-kid/marriage books are "By Design" and "The True Woman."  They are wonderful.

Elizabeth George wrote "Loving God with All Your Mind" and "A Woman After God's Own Heart," which I love dearly, and especially enjoyed after I first came to faith.  

You might also enjoy reading Rose Marie Miller's "From Fear to Freedom: Living as Sons and Daughters of God," wherein she describes turning from a life of covert legalism to gaining her freedom - orphan to forgiven daughter.

I hope you check these out.  And if you're in StL, let me know and I can recommend a discount Christian bookstore!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: