AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 06:49:19 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Biased  (Read 40474 times)
BenJapheth
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2003, 12:21:39 pm »

Ben, you and Luke are both right...Luke - "as iron sharpens iron" Ben - "A wise man makes knowledge acceptable."  

Hey, Luke!  You're a great Nephew! You punk!

Uncle Chuck
SugarMagnolia

Email
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2003, 12:27:39 pm »

Uncle Chuck, that's the wrong Luke.  He's not your nephew, but I suppose he is your brother in Christ.
BenJapheth
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2003, 12:47:25 pm »

Ben, I was talking to you...

Yo Unk...Your Mom know you're still up?
BenJapheth
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2003, 12:48:40 pm »

Sorry, your brother Luke flashed through my mind...I meant you BEN.

Oh well, humility is good...Your Unk.
Bob Sturnfield

Email
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2003, 01:42:10 pm »

Anyway, seems I was not a "trustworthy man".  After all, I had only been in fellowship for 18 years and in the leading brother's meeting since the day it started.  I guess I needed a little more time to prove myself.
I remember one new brother asking why we did not follow the "New Testament Pattern" in handling the Lord's treasury?  The LB's told him it was none of his business.

Acts 6:1-6 The apostles would not touch the money, but appointed 7 men.

1 Corinthians 16: 1-4 Paul refused to touch the money, but asked the church to appoint ones to carry it.

2 Corinthians 8:19 One accompanied Paul to carry "riches of their liberality"
20  avoiding this: that anyone should blame us in this lavish gift which is administered by us——
21  providing honorable things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.

So, why we did not follow the "New Testament Pattern" in handling the Lord's treasury?
Randal

Email
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2003, 03:07:13 pm »

Brent,
No, not a local boy.  My dad is from Maui and my mom is from Oahu.  I am just a sansei born and reared in the Valley.

Randal
Dale Yuzuki

Email
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2003, 06:20:31 pm »

Hi Tom, great to hear from ya.  Cheesy

Was there any idea what the $25k was for? Also since I've read that the money was usually handled by GG alone after being sent to Fullerton, why was it brought up as a topic?

Just curious.
Dale
editor
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2003, 08:09:44 pm »

Hi Dale

The money has been used for lots of things.  David Geftakys received fetal tissue implants in a diabetes experiment, to the tune of 40K plus a few years back...

Abortion is really good, because without it, David would not have been "almost cured from diabetes."  That last phrase is exactly what David explained to those who voiced concern.

Brent

Email
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2003, 11:19:19 pm »

Luke R,

Your post was sincere, but it reminded me of that famous quote,"Can we all just get along?"

Sometimes hard things must be said.  I wonder how Peter must have felt when Jesus spoke to him,"Get behind me Satan."
gues

Email
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2003, 12:20:14 am »

interestingly enough this thread in one day has become one of the most read, wonder why that is?  perhaps the thought of being biased on this site is a concern to all.
BenJapheth
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2003, 12:30:46 am »

Gues, don't flatter yourself...Vanity is a dangerous thing.

This board is an open board, and someone who seems to be deliberately poking-others-in-the-eye is obtuse enough to draw attention.

Kind of like a roadside fender-bender...You're seeing a some rubber-necking.  So, don't flatter yourself

Hey, didn't you say you were done posting yesterday...what happened to that commitment?

Another thing, I think folks are just drawn to the fall-out of your meeting your just desserts.

Grace to you, Gues

Chuck Vanasse
Tim

Email
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2003, 01:20:04 am »

Can't...stop...overwhelming...desire...to...state...obvious...

This is a BB.  

That means that people post their opinions and with that their bias.  It is the truth as the poster views things (got that insight from a good friend).  None of us have perfect knowledge and even if we did, we couldn't use it right anyways.  Most of the posters have no idea who you are and what your world view is, so they can't take that into account when you post (especially if you don't leave any clues as to who you are).

This BB was started by people who wanted to expose sin in the ministry started by GG.  (God has used it.)  Many (perhaps most) of the people that are posting here have been hurt in varying degrees by the sin.  They have a bone to pick and rightly so.  This is not an uncommon dynamic on a BB.  Another common dynamic is that this can be an 'out' for people.  A place where they can vent a bit.  I'm not saying that everyone is overstating things at all.  I am saying:

Don't take yourself to seriously.  
Check your pride at the door.
Read with a filter (this is a learned skill).  
Understand that your ideas maybe shot down.  (Even this one.)  
See how other people are viewing things.  
Have a bit of fun.
O yeah, and think before you post.

Welcome to the world of BB.

Signed,  
A member of the body of Christ who currently meets with Christians in an 'assembly'.
editor
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2003, 01:39:33 am »

Hi Tim

You are absolutely correct.  Hey everyone!  What Tim said!
Don't take yourself to seriously.  
Check your pride at the door.
Read with a filter (this is a learned skill).  
Understand that your ideas maybe shot down.  (Even this one.)  
See how other people are viewing things.  
Have a bit of fun.
O yeah, and think before you post.

All of this is really quite insane.  
The real focus should be on trying to figure out what was wrong with us to allow us to get totally hoodwinked by GG, DG, BG and others.

Upon discovering this, we need to turn to Jesus Christ.

It all starts with Idolatry.  Here is my bias coming out again.

Everyone, take Tim's advice!

Brent
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2003, 01:43:11 am »

Saying this BB is biased is a rather biased point of view don't you think? I know I'm being biased by pointing out your biasness(?) but your bias is really quite biased and I just had to point that out.   --Joe
Tim

Email
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2003, 01:59:47 am »

Joe, you are right!!  Shocked

That was a very biased statement that I made.  Thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to do it again.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: