AssemblyBoard
May 07, 2024, 01:47:53 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Spoiler  (Read 4420 times)
Josh Randall

Email
« on: January 28, 2003, 04:36:33 am »

I've been frequenting this web site for the past few weeks and it has been a wonderful source of information. BUT NOW YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!! YOU GIVE AWAY THE SUPRISE ENDING OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS! One of your messages outright comes out and spills the beans. After reading this incredible story and personally being flabbergasted by one of the greatest surprise endings of all time, and after holding my tongue on numerous occasions so as not to ruin the end for others who are laboriously pouring over its pages, all one has to do is casually come across this message and WHAM! there it is in a breath. I have a friend who after months of reading was but a few chapters away from finding out, in proper storytelling fashion, the final destiny of the ring and it's over-encumbered bearer. No longer.

For those who would rather come to this glorious ending by way of proper story alignment !PROCEED WITH CAUTION! when reading the January 20th entries of the "IT IS TRUE!" thread started by Danny Edwards (it's a great thread and worth reading). I don't want to point fingers, so I'll just say that it's not Brent Tr0ckman's entry of the same date that also mentions Lord of the Rings. But it's right near it! I do not want to offend the author, it's a great message and the Lord can definitely speak to you through it. But if you come across the line: "Remember the Lord of the Rings?" at the beginning of a paragraph. DO NOT READ THE NEXT SENTENCE! Skip over it and proceed. Tolkien didn't develop such an unestimated and momentous ending for nothing.  

"Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof." Ecclesiastes 7:8
Josh Randall

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 04:45:19 am »

I guess I feel guilty for starting a new thread that doesn't really provide a platform for discussion. So to dovetail off that last message, here are stories that have been mentioned that have singnificant parallels to what's been happening with George and others:

* Lord of the Rings (the story of the Steward of Gondor)

* The Emperor's New Clothes

* The Wizard of Oz

See the parallels? Any others?
lemonlime

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 06:25:23 am »

Little Red Riding Hood Wink
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 07:48:07 am »

Fight Club

if simply from a view that GG organized all the assemblies.
Kay

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 05:34:22 pm »

A good theme song for some of us is form the Wizard of Oz:
 "If I only had a brain........."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: