AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 08:27:47 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Items; wanted or selling  (Read 7066 times)
Mark Kisla
« on: April 09, 2005, 09:24:03 pm »

I'm looking for a old, cheap, on / off road motorcycle (enduro)
If anyone has or knows of one for sale please e-mail me.
Thanks,
Mark
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 09:58:23 am »

Wanted: Possums for current generation peasants created by NICOR. Latest hideouts are vintage 8 cylinder cars (1970's preferred), under hood in right front fender. Catch stubborn ones by spraying with garden hose until near drowning in fender.

Don't pass up these recipes sponsored by NICOR:

http://www.epsteinlarue.com/family/possum.htm

and for you non-rednecked Yankees:

http://www.bertc.com/possum.htm

« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 10:00:38 am by moonflower » Logged
Margaret

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:19:01 pm »

For sale on Biblio.com (for real!) http://www.biblio.com/books/55059537.html

George Geftakys: Stages on the journey

Book condition: Good

Torch & Testimony. B0006EY8YY a few pages coming loose, but all pages present. Publisher: Torch & Testimony; 1st ed edition (1990) note: this is the rare, unmodified version of the book. if you're a follower or anti-follower of the Geftakys assemblies, you'll know the important significance of this 1st edition and why i mention it. Online Bookseller since 1997. Expedited shipping is recommended. 

Buy now!
$59.00 $44.25

Add to cart

Jem

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:33:57 pm »

I don't car who you are, that's funny.

Wow, 44 bucks. I thought they were suppose to just sell at cost to "plain readers." Maybe GG is running out of $$$ and is looking for a new way to fleece people.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:38:40 pm »

Torch & Testimony. B0006EY8YY a few pages coming loose, but all pages present. Publisher: Torch & Testimony; 1st ed edition (1990) note: this is the rare, unmodified version of the book. if you're a follower or anti-follower of the Geftakys assemblies, you'll know the important significance of this 1st edition and why i mention it. Online Bookseller since 1997. Expedited shipping is recommended. 

Buy now!
$59.00 $44.25

Add to cart

I wonder if anyone ever actually read one of GG's "books" all the way through.  Personally, I never could make it past page 5.

If that far.

Blessings,

Thomas Maddux
outdeep

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 03:29:09 am »

I think George's books were the proverbial "elephant in the room".  Everyone knew something wasn't right but hoped someone else would be the one to say "why are we wasting time printing this stuff?"

For all of George's faults, I don't believe that the printing ministry was ever intended as a money making endeavor.  Self-publishing is really not a good way to make a profit unless your book happens to produce a rare following and is picked up by a real publishing house.  I think it was rooted more in George's self-aggrandizing.  He needed the title author to go along his other titles of preacher of the Word, teacher, professor, missionary, conference speaker, etc.

I think the $40 is because the seller thinks the book is rare enough that someone might want a copy for research or sentimental value and not know where else to get it.  I don't think it will work.  Even my forty-year-old baseball cards are only worth a buck a piece.

-Dave

P.S.:  Remember when Kevin Heely was going to Christian publishing houses such as Zondervan trying to get them to publish or distribute George's books?  Those must have been an entertaining conversations with the publishers if not short ones.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 03:34:59 am by Dave Sable » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 03:39:21 am »

ELIJAH THE FORERUNNER
paperback
(compilation of the seminar)
good condition
Not for the squeamish
$2.27 + postage and handling.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 03:42:27 am »

note: this is the rare, unmodified version of the book. if you're a follower or anti-follower of the Geftakys assemblies, you'll know the important significance of this 1st edition and why i mention it. Online Bookseller since 1997. Expedited shipping is recommended. 
My memory is getting to the place that I can almost hide my own Easter eggs.  However, wasn't there something where George made some incriminating statement in one of his books and we undercomers critisized it around 1990.  Afterwards, later editions "corrected" the statement without comment.  Does Steve remember anything like this?
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 06:14:42 am »

Buy now!
$59.00 $44.25

Add to cart
Hmmmm......maybe those old T&T mags from the 70's & 80's can be sold on ebay.  Shocked
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 06:33:05 am »

In The Heavenlies, by George Geftakys

Buy this brochure before next year's Christmas Rush! Find what you're missing out on before your neighbors do.

Bushnell Binoculars for heavenly viewing available on stealfromthepoorandkeepforyourself.com

Steal this book for 10.00 (S&H 15.00)
Margaret

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 07:24:36 am »

Dave, one of these might be what you are thinking of--

http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Articles/AssemblyTeachingPractice/GGPublishedWritings.htm
http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Articles/AssemblyTeachingPractice/FullSalvationByDevoutEffort.htm#membership
outdeep

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 06:50:03 pm »

Lee Iron's assessment of George's books is worth reading.  As Lee points out, they may have "corrected" statements in later books or removed them from the book table.  But, no one who sat under George's ministry for a long period of time can seriously deny that these things were indeed in the heart of his ministry.  For full article:

http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Articles/AssemblyTeachingPractice/GGPublishedWritings.htm

Summary of Problems with the Teaching of George Geftakys  (portion of article by Lee Irons)

Salvation by grace alone through faith alone is compromised. In Mr. Geftakys' theology, our response of obedience plays a significant role in receiving God's favor, love, and forgiveness. Biblical Christianity affirms, by contrast, that our obedience plays no role at all in receiving God's favor, but functions only as the evidence of true faith. We are justified by faith alone apart from works (Rom. 3:28). God justifies the ungodly (Rom. 4:5). He does not declare us to be righteous because of our own righteousness, but because of the righteousness of Christ (Phil. 3:9).

Election is conditional, based upon human character, obedience, and works. Consequently, the elect do have a reason to boast, contrary to Paul's explicit teaching.

Christ's atonement was not a propitiatory sacrifice that satisfied the wrath of God, since God has always commended his love toward man. The enmity is only on man's side, not God's. The atonement therefore does not accomplish anything Godward but only manward. This is known as the moral influence theory of the atonement, which reduces the effect of the atonement to producing a subjective change in man, thus denying that Christ did anything to objectively satisfy divine justice and wrath.
The uniqueness of Jesus Christ as the only mediator between God and man is undermined if not totally destroyed by the teaching that spiritually advanced believers can become instruments of mediation for God.

Christians are divided into two classes, based on their level of spiritual attainment. The second level is achieved through a second work of grace. Mysticism is encouraged as a means of spiritual growth.

Although no Christian can lose his or her salvation, carnal Christians will suffer "consequences" like being hurt by the second death, cast into outer darkness, etc. This denies the sufficiency of Christ's atonement, since it implies that Christ did not fully satisfy God's wrath for all of the sins of all believers. The logical implication is that carnal Christians will have to suffer punishments in some sort of purgatory after death in order to fully atone for their carnal behavior and their failure to be overcomers. It is difficult to see any difference from Roman Catholic theology.

The cultic application is that the way to avoid these "consequences" and to achieve the second level of spirituality is to be involved in the Assembly, which is the only true "house of God" and "training center of the believer." To leave the Assembly, then, is to endanger one's relationship with God and to risk the "awesome consequences" of the second death, outer darkness, etc.

A negative assessment of the majority of evangelical Christians today as being unfit for the inheritance. The Assembly is a sect which has separated itself from the universal body of Christ, which it has deemed to be largely apostate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: