AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 05:09:39 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: It wasn't all that bad... I want to go back  (Read 26341 times)
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2004, 04:16:32 pm »

Hugh,

Your post so inspired me to be like the early church that as soon as I had read it I cut the elastic waistbands out of all my underwear & threw out all my shoes except the sandals!

Thanks,
al

P.S.-- I forget, what am I supposed to do if I get gored by my neighbor's power mower?
               Grin                 Grin              Grin              Grin               Grin

Al

No more Monday Night football either. The thought that comes to mind is avoiding the APPEARANCE of evil. Much of what we were told to do was supposedly to protect the testimony from being tarnished. The Spirit is supposed to guide us into all truth and not rules. Jesus challenged the Pharisees many times about the rules. He says the Sabbath was for man and not the other way around. If we are led by the Spirit and as a result serving the Lord then all this external control is unnecessary.

Hugh Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: