AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 06:11:03 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brian Steele looking to get in touch with SB folk  (Read 3207 times)
Brian_Steele

Email
« on: February 02, 2003, 09:58:58 am »

Having recently found this BB, I realize there are many people who I've lost touch with for ages.  It would be great for you to drop me a line and let me know how things have worked out for you.

Some brief bio for me in the last ten years since I left the Assembly:

1992: Started graduate school in geology at Western Washington University.  Volunteered at Wellspring, rehab center for cult victims. Found my home church in Bellingham (Christian Reformed).

1993: Went to the Patagonian Andes in Chile for my geology thesis, studied an active fault line.  Taught numerous cult education classes back in Washington.  Met the love of my life, Jessica, who I knew would be "THE ONE" for me, though she was a little slower on the uptake.

1995: Finished my master's degree in geology, began to get certified to become a high school teacher. Continued teaching cult education classes in churches and youth groups.

1996: Got my teacher's certificate in science, married the love of my life, Jessica (she finally caught on!).  

1997:  Taught high school earth science and math.  Discovered I didn't like teaching high school so much (ces la vie).

1998: Son, Kai, was born.  Started working as a geotechnical consultant for earthwork construction, slope stabilty, earthquake hazards, etc.  Liked this job a ton.

2000: Became outreach leader for our church.  Continued as a geotechnical consultant (hence the name "dirtsqueezer").

2002:  Got registered by the State of Washington as a licensed engineering geologist.  Began writing a historical fiction novel about the Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge, England around the late 1800's and early 1900's when there was a revolution in science (Einstein, et al).

2003: Loving life with my wife, son.  Became a co-owner of the consulting firm I work for.   Slowly, but slowly writing the novel (at this rate it should be published in about 10 years!)

Cheers everyone.  I look forward to hearing from you!

-Brian Steele
dirtsqueezer@hotmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: