AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 04:13:05 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aesop's Fables  (Read 9618 times)
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 06:36:18 am »

Hugh, These are really Great! I remember these as a child and the Teacher saying now what is the Moral of the Story. And as for talking animals the Bible starts in Genesis with a talking snake and then we have a talking donkey in Numbers. Does anyone find it strange that Eve just talked to a snake and was'nt afraid, but when God calls for them they hide out of fear ? Do you think animals talked back then on a regular basis? Here are two instances before and after the fall. Do you believe this? Summer.

Summer

I don't know if they talked but obviously the snake could so why not. I think it would have been dull for Adam before Eve showed up to not be able to converse with the animals. Doctor Dolittle probably was inspired by Adam.

Hugh  Grin
vernecarty
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 06:37:06 am »

Summer---

I think, how Eve was tempted too(though she was tempted
in a different manner). But I think she "knew" when she was making the wrong decision, and that
was the origin of her sin.

--Joe

It may be a bit more complicated. Eve was deceived. This seems to Biblically imply a loss of distinguishing cognitive ability.
She actually believed the serpent...Adam, on the other hand...
Verne
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 06:46:33 am by VerneCarty » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 09:06:29 am »

That's a good point about Eve not being afraid of a
snake--although she was completely innocent at that point---babies aren't afraid of
snakes either, not knowing there is anything to fear about them. 
--Joe

I don't think that Eve had any reason to be afraid of a snake back then. Animals were not meat eaters until after the fall, just herbivores.

I get the impression that if Adam named the animals, he didn't do it from afar, but they came up to him. And if they were to be companions of a sort for him, then they must have been tame, in the same way that Isaiah describes animals in the millenium.

Moonflower

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: