AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 04:51:45 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Your Race Smarter?  (Read 4955 times)
Vandyyke
« on: April 07, 2008, 06:48:35 am »

What do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence
amycahill

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:15:57 pm »

I know this is the "any and all topics" section...but why bring up a topic that seems designed to start a flame war?  Because in real life, it did just that.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:56:08 pm »

Without having the time or the driving interest to read this material throughly, I would say that success is probably a function that at least includes work ethic and opportunity than just mere intelligence.  I've come across people of my race that have reasonable intelligence but have bought into an entitlement work ethic so they never really get anywhere.  Other folks live in a geographic location on the planet where they just don't have great opportunity.

So, no I don't think my race is particularly smarter.  But I do think that people of some races and nationalities have a greater probability of being held back from their potential by a culture of bad ideas that hinder them.
Vandyyke
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:56:59 am »

Amy,

I agree this is a very controversial issue. I have been having a hard time dealing with it because a good friend gave it to me. How do I deal with this in a good conscience and KEEP my friend? 

Its O.K. though. We talked about the article this morning. As far as I can tell he is just an honest inquisitor, NOT A MEMBER OF THE KKK!

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 12:59:10 am »

Hello Friends----

I have to be bluntly honest here and say that there are many races I just do not
like. And I haven't liked them since High School.  Some races are simply better than others--this is just
plain fact, and is based on one's own personal preference for one race over another.
I've always preferred the 100 meter dash myself--out of all the races, I just loved to run that one. While I was on the track team, I literally abhorred other races, and still do, because I don't have the endurance, for say, something like a 5000 meter run.

But it is a proven fact that not all races are equal, because if they were we would not have all the numerous
running events in track as we do now. I just wanted to throw in my own two cents on this, and hope I haven't offended any long distance runners in the process.

But I must add, being a runner myself, I have come out with my own brand of running shoes.  Mine are called "O'Leary Leapers".  Nike has their slogan "Just do it". My slogan, based on Christian principles is
"Just done".  I have just started production, and am offering these at the outlandishly low price of just $278.00/pair.  They are guaranteed to lift you to the heavenly heights in your running experience. Send in for your pair today---all proceeds go to Burt O'Leary ministries, and the Lord will richly bless you in the process.  God bless you friends!  And remember friends, there is really only one true race, the race to glory----let me give you an opportunity to bless others while blessing your own feet with the best running shoes money can buy.

Reverend Burt O'Leary Ministries
P.O. Box 2222
Barstow, Ca., 92233
(cash accepted gratefully--no personal checks please)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:28:46 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 01:02:07 am »

Dear Reverend Burt,

I heard that Nike no longer owned the rights to use the "Just Do It" slogan.

I heard that it is now being used by another company. 

The one that makes DEPENDS.

Wink

T. Maddux
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:07:46 am by Tom Maddux » Logged
amycahill

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 01:23:51 pm »

Amy,

I agree this is a very controversial issue. I have been having a hard time dealing with it because a good friend gave it to me. How do I deal with this in a good conscience and KEEP my friend? 

Its O.K. though. We talked about the article this morning. As far as I can tell he is just an honest inquisitor, NOT A MEMBER OF THE KKK!

Oh okay, that makes sense.  Glad you resolved things with your friend!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: