AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 01:19:09 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: George has relocated  (Read 21872 times)
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 12:53:04 am »

I just got off the phone with the pastor of Redlands Alliance Church.  He was very open and asked me to send a letter.  I'm almost finished with the letter, and will mail it out today.

Jack
William Wallace

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 02:14:39 am »

Good question Joe...

I think it varies from circumstance to circumstance.

Sometimes I'm a dreamer and am learning to execute.
Other times, I'm just blazing down the hill making myself look like a fool.

I know this: I have a mission statement in my life.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 02:15:35 am by William Wallace » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2003, 05:11:36 am »

Thanks William. Most of the time I'm a dreamer--and when I'm not dreaming I'm spinning. That's why I asked.

take care,  Joe
William Wallace

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2003, 09:06:15 pm »

You too laddy. : )

Thanks William. Most of the time I'm a dreamer--and when I'm not dreaming I'm spinning. That's why I asked.

take care,  Joe
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2003, 11:36:44 pm »

I'll write to High Praise Apostolic Church...unless someone has already written to them...
Tom Robinson

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2003, 12:06:59 am »

Love the Bannockburn, warrior/poets illustration, but just so history doesn't get lost in it (and no disrespect to William Wallace the poster), Robert the Bruce was the hero of Bannockburn. William Wallace had already been dead for nine years by that battle, but the point is the fight for freedom against staggering odds. Let Scotland and freedom live!
William Wallace

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2003, 01:06:05 am »

None taken -- GREAT to see we're resourceful, but the point is TRUE: FREEDOM!

Love the Bannockburn, warrior/poets illustration, but just so history doesn't get lost in it (and no disrespect to William Wallace the poster), Robert the Bruce was the hero of Bannockburn. William Wallace had already been dead for nine years by that battle, but the point is the fight for freedom against staggering odds. Let Scotland and freedom live!

Margaret

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 07:28:35 am »

Back to the original topic of this thread. From two different sources it has come to light in the last several days that George and Betty Geftakys' reported relocation to Whittier was in error. Their correct current address is now thought to be:

242 Carver Cir
        Redlands, CA 92373-8503

pbrusati

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 07:06:55 pm »

I live less than 2 miles from that address.  It's part of a Christian retirement complex called Plymouth Villiage.  A lot of missionaries retire there.  My father-in-law spent the last two months of his life there, so I am familiar with the place.  I am very busy at work but I can check it out this weekend.
Explorer

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 09:43:18 pm »

http://www.plymouthvillage.org/
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 06:04:40 pm »

One can only wonder if George suckered the "saints" into paying for housing for Betty and himself.  I wouldn't be surprised... Huh Huh Huh Huh
outdeep

Email
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 08:36:56 pm »

One can only wonder if George suckered the "saints" into paying for housing for Betty and himself.  I wouldn't be surprised... Huh Huh Huh Huh
Unless he has a source of income that dates back to before the mid-1970's or some investments we don't know about, all of his provision and housing has been provided by Saints.

What is sad to me is that George was a man who at one time had great potential as a gifted Bible teacher.  Yet, due to selfishness he destroyed everything and lives in a retirement community knowing (denial aside) that the most significant thing he gave his life to was turned to wood, hay, and stubble.

I am getting to the life-phase where George was when he began the Assemblies.  I hope by God's grace that when I am George's current age (or with the Lord) that this last portion of my life will count for something that God is able and willing to use.

-Dave
Margaret

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 11:31:20 pm »

George had his house on Calle Serena in Sunny Hills, purchased in the 1960's, which was partly paid for by Betty teaching school. When they sold it, it was worth somewhere in the nieghborhood of $650,000+. That may have provided a substantial part of their entrance into the retirement complex.

What concerns me is that GG is most likely positioning himself in that community as a great missionary, church planter and Bible teacher. No doubt there are very elderly folks there who might be taken in by his posturing and puffing. I just hope he isn't able to cook up some scheme to get them to contribute money, even their properties--maybe through a "Bible study" he would conduct there. He will almost certainly be trying to find women to give him hand and foot rubs, and generally be grooming them to become his narcissistic supply. I can't imagine Betty alone can satisfy his ego any more now than in the past, and even the remaining saints probably can't be there all the time.

I can picture George being very much like the Robert Duvall character in "The Apostle." Not giving a thought to failures in the past--it was spiritual warfare--just pushing forward toward more conquests, loudly singing the praises of Jesus all the way.

What I've said here doesn't really echo Dave's tone of sadness over a wasted life, although I agree entirely. It just seems to me that the man himself is most likely not languishing in despondency but is still dangerous, not only to the remaining loyal saints, who have for the most part chosen their own destiny at this point, but to the unsuspecting sincere believers in Plymouth Village.

outdeep

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2006, 01:18:33 am »

George had his house on Calle Serena in Sunny Hills, purchased in the 1960's, which was partly paid for by Betty teaching school. When they sold it, it was worth somewhere in the nieghborhood of $650,000+. That may have provided a substantial part of their entrance into the retirement complex.

What concerns me is that GG is most likely positioning himself in that community as a great missionary, church planter and Bible teacher. No doubt there are very elderly folks there who might be taken in by his posturing and puffing. I just hope he isn't able to cook up some scheme to get them to contribute money, even their properties--maybe through a "Bible study" he would conduct there. He will almost certainly be trying to find women to give him hand and foot rubs, and generally be grooming them to become his narcissistic supply. I can't imagine Betty alone can satisfy his ego any more now than in the past, and even the remaining saints probably can't be there all the time.

I can picture George being very much like the Robert Duvall character in "The Apostle." Not giving a thought to failures in the past--it was spiritual warfare--just pushing forward toward more conquests, loudly singing the praises of Jesus all the way.

What I've said here doesn't really echo Dave's tone of sadness over a wasted life, although I agree entirely. It just seems to me that the man himself is most likely not languishing in despondency but is still dangerous, not only to the remaining loyal saints, who have for the most part chosen their own destiny at this point, but to the unsuspecting sincere believers in Plymouth Village.
Actually, I agree with Margaret and appreciate her clarification.  I was reflecting my sadness and horror at his wasted life.  I don't think for a moment that George is wallowing in it.  I suspect he has stories to tell of his spiritual exploits in the senior center and he is bound to find some who are excited to have a godly giant in their midst.  Probably the one thing that is keeping him from being a large threat is the fact that he and Betty are simply too old to do something on the scale on the Assembly again.

P.S.:  That "spiritual justification" really stood out to me as well when I watched The Apostle.  His baptising himself an Apostle was striking as well.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 03:04:09 am by Dave Sable » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 05:05:10 am »

Hi Everyone!

I went to the website link given re. this place where GG is residing and was surprised to notice that it was run by The American Baptists.  This sect tends to be liberal at it's organizational top.

I know this because I attended an American Baptist church here in Fallbrook for a bit and was shocked to discover that their denominational leadership have a very tolerant view of abortion.  The local pastor and members were quite conservative, but the official positions of the denomination leaned to the left.

I don't think these kind of "tolerant" believers, that might make up this retirement community, will readily accept GG's claim to a special Apostle like relationship with God.

I must confess that I enjoyed the atmosphere within this local American Baptist church and only left because I could not be a part of a church that was neutral on the issue of abortion.  I guess that I could best describe the "atmosphere" in the church as being unpretentious.  The pastor was a former Marine officer and clearly a born again Christian.

Also, the church (and it's members) allowed others to direct their own lives with God (tolerant?).  This kind of approach does have it's dangers in that the group can be so wishy-washy that they stand for nothing (like in the abortion neutral policy). 

The reason I say this is that these kind of people have their own opinions and are not likely to appreciate GG assertions that he knows better what God wants for them.

I think Joe S. could work up a pretty good mental picture for us that might describe how GG and Betty might try to press their claims and win over these seasoned citizens.   Some thoughts come to mind, but I know Joe has the real talent  to paint that picture for us! Grin

God Bless,  Mark C.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: