AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 01:57:19 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brent Tr0ckman is diabolical  (Read 8416 times)
editor
« on: May 13, 2003, 07:51:44 am »

Hello Everyone

As you know, I took a 6 week hiatus from the BB.  I returned today, and was greeted by one of the more prolific posters on the website who proclaimed I was diabolical in the way I manipulated him via email in the past.

I am thinking about publishing the heretofore private and confidential email I had with Matt Peeling, in order to clear my good name.  The reason I am not, is because in the emails I mention, Matt tells some very typical, yet very alarming stories about how he was treated by leading brothers in San Diego.  He is now vigorously defending the same leaders.

I am weighing in my mind my reputation, on the one hand, and Matt's very tenuous grip on reality on the other.  I am used to having my reputation slandered by Assembly people, and it is no big deal to me what they think of me.  I wear their scorn like a badge of honor.  Assembly accusations are always without merit and proof, merely character assasination.  

Matt, however, went a step further, and cited email, between he and I, as proof that I am diabolical.  I, of course, have these emails saved, along with over 10 thousand other notable ones that I have received since last November.  I re-read the ones from Matt, and my responses, in order to make sure I wasn't manipulating him.

Sure enough, I did no such thing, which means Matt is not representing me clearly.

Shall I publish his email?  I am not in the habit of making public personal mail; and in this case it would be quite embarrassing to Matt and some of his friends.  But then, I don't really like being called "dibolical" either.  I can handle people being mad at me, but suggesting they have written proof is going far beyond name calling and other harmless things.
Brent
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 08:19:45 am by B. Tr0ckman » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 08:07:23 am »

I think that if he refuses to give you permission to publish his email that should be considered proof enough.
editor
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 08:20:39 am »

Good point Stephen.

Matt, do I have permission to publish your email to me, and my response to you?  

Brent
editor
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 09:31:07 pm »

Qoute from Matt, on another thread:
Actually, I didn't ask you to repent for what you said to me in the email. I said you should repent for promoting bitterness, anger, and wrath with your website. I do repent saying that I think you were diabolical for your email, so I do not want for you to publish that. There has been enough horrible stuff about saints said - I'm not a victim. As for my quotes and your quotes, I see you got them mis-matched:

I don't have permission to publish Matt's email, and he has repented of calling me diabolical, so there is no reason to push the issue further.  It is over.

For the record, the last word on the topic, as far as I can tell,  I am NOT omniscient, omnipotent, or diabolical.  Wink

As Matt has said, there has been enough horrible stuff said about saints.  Hopefully, I qualify as a saint.  Now, you all have my permission to tell the truth about me, and to point out flaws in my words, or fallacies in my point of view.  If I am misrepresenting someone or something, please feel free to point it out.  That is not the same as "saying bad things about the saints."

Again, it is now official, Brent Tr0ckman is NOT diabolical, and Matt does not give me permission to publish the email he cited as proof, so it shall remain private, as it should.

Aloha and Mahalo

Brent
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 09:42:11 pm »

Brent,

I don't think your diabolical!

It's still amazing to me how easy these people let former leaders off of the hook....If Tim Geftakys is indeed attending any sort of meetings, shouldn't he have to sit in the back row with a paper bag over his head???
vbeers

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 01:52:01 am »

Brent- I am glad to finally see that someone who is actively involved with the group formerly known as "The Assembly" is also actively participating on this board.  However, I don't get Matt.  How could anyone read the info on this bb and still be able to stomach the site of Tim, George, and / or any of their croanies???
editor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 02:45:44 am »

Hi Vbeers

I think I'll let Matt answer that question himself.  However, Matt has made it clear that he actually attends a Christian church.  He does not go to an Assembly.

I think he is more concerned about what he sees as an unfair assessment of the ministry, and the leaders in particular, on this website.  He views this as one-sided, harsh, bitter, etc.

Obviously, I disagree with him, but hey,  that's his right, and he does have a good contribution here.

I just wish he would read the stuff on the main website before judging it.

Before I started writing, I read 6 of George's books 4 times each.  I wanted to be an expert, before I started criticising the man.  Since then, I have read much more, and listened to tapes of GG, Betty, David, and Tim.  (Tim is by far the best and easiest to listen to.)

Brent
Matt

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 03:10:34 am »

Hi Vbeers

I think I'll let Matt answer that question himself.  However, Matt has made it clear that he actually attends a Christian church.  He does not go to an Assembly.

I think he is more concerned about what he sees as an unfair assessment of the ministry, and the leaders in particular, on this website.  He views this as one-sided, harsh, bitter, etc.

Obviously, I disagree with him, but hey,  that's his right, and he does have a good contribution here.

I just wish he would read the stuff on the main website before judging it.

Before I started writing, I read 6 of George's books 4 times each.  I wanted to be an expert, before I started criticising the man.  Since then, I have read much more, and listened to tapes of GG, Betty, David, and Tim.  (Tim is by far the best and easiest to listen to.)

Brent

Nice try, Brent. But I have always attended a Christian church. First the assembly, now the Rock church in San Diego. Both preach the living word of God! Both are bodies of believers who come together to worship our Lord and to fellowship. I have read quite enough on the website and Rick Ross to last me a lifetime! I don't to expose myself to anything else on that site until it provides saints with more well-rounded facts with which to judge the assembly by other people's experiences (i know, i already said that elsewhere). The Lord has also been showing me other things recently. Namely, we need to look at ourselves and think about things we need to repent for rather than pointing our fingers every which way. I think a lot of saints have treated others like crap. I know I treated other saints, including leading brothers, like crap a lot - acted like they weren't worth my time, etc. Every saint has to repent for their sins, not just leading bros! So how about a section on the website for that? Remember Mark Kisla who started that outreach only to have it shut down by DG? Well, Mark, you told us about DG's sin. Let's hear you repent for something, were you a model saint? And, Brent, because someone disagrees with you, it does not mean they are irrational. I'm going to have to respond to that emotional post of yours later, but I understand that it's a sensitive issue, particularly for you. Your reputation is on the line, not mine, when the website is criticized, so I know it's hard for you to separate criticism of the site as personal criticism. But please try to let go of some of this pride. At least try, please. Thanks!
- Matt
vbeers

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 03:15:11 am »

ok matt...what gives...why do you choose to take such a stand for the lb's and the assembly?  
editor
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 03:46:54 am »

Well, Mark, you told us about DG's sin. Let's hear you repent for something, were you a model saint?

Hi Matt

I haven't called you irrational Matt.  And I want to be clear: If someone disagrees with me, that in no way makes them irrational.  They can be irrational all on their own, and AGREE with me.  I've never set myself up as a standard of rationality!

Mark was responding to the issue of rascism.  You commented about how funny and stupid the very idea was, and then Mark told a story about racism, that came straight from the top.  

The idea that he has to repent of something, before he can say something is totally fallacious.  Model saints is an oxymoron.   If we are washed in Christ's blood, we are clean and JUSTIFIED before Him.  Each of us is a "model," because of Christ's righeousness, not because we repent more than we criticise etc.

Be careful with the teaching on "self," that so pervades the Assembly.  There is a twist there, that can lead a person into self-loathing that is far from godly.  Perhaps I'll expand on this idea later, if it comes up.

I don't to expose myself to anything else on that site until it provides saints with more well-rounded facts with which to judge the assembly by other people's experiences (i know, i already said that elsewhere).

OK. Let's break this down.

1.) You don't want to expose yourself to anything more on the website.  You freely admit that you haven't read much of it...just enough to decide it's one-sided, and not well rounded.
2.) You want to judge the Assembly by "other" people's experiences.  Do the people who have written on the website, many of them LB's, Workers and such, who were involved far longer, and far more than you qualify as "other" people?

If you only talk to democrats, you may get a skewed view of the republicans, and visa-versa.  What we have here is an opportunity to hear different viewpoints, and then to make an informed decision.  Again, you can't say some of the things you are saying, if you haven't read the material.

Here's a line from one of my favorite cult-movies.  (It has nothing to do with cults, it's kind of a Harold and Maude type flick)

Who were those guys back there?  I didn't get a good look at 'em, but I could tell they were real idiots.

Hey Matt, get a good look first.

We all experienced little red warning flags, when we first got involved.  Now, there is a huge nuclear bomb, with a 5 mile high mushroom cloud to warn people, and still there are people who say, "I don't want to hear any of that!  Don't tell me about it!  It's one sided?"

There is none so blind as he who will not see.

Have you ever read  The Last Battle, by CS lewis?

Brent
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 10:44:28 pm »

I think it's interesting that Matt claims this BB is full of rath and bitterness, yet he is regular contributor!  That's like saying you don't chocolate ice cream, yet you buy it often... Roll Eyes
Matt

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 11:05:02 pm »

I think it's interesting that Matt claims this BB is full of rath and bitterness, yet he is regular contributor!  That's like saying you don't chocolate ice cream, yet you buy it often... Roll Eyes

Why, Eulaha, I'm surprised. I never claimed to be free from wrath or bitterness! It was actually encouraged by this board. Nice try though  Wink
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2003, 10:30:21 pm »

Matt,
Learn how to read.  I said that you complained that this BB is full of rath and bitterness, not you.  Nice try.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: