AssemblyBoard
May 20, 2024, 04:51:32 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 4975 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« on: April 15, 2003, 12:52:21 am »

I thought it might be nice if there was a thread where you could leave prayer requests. Anyone visiting could then lift that prayer request up to the Lord. I remember when Nehemiah prayed right before he asked the King if he could return to Jerusalem, it was a short concise prayer. I think anyone entering could make that kind of prayer and it would be acceptable to the Lord.

I'd like to make the following request: for my son Mike, that he could find his way,  and come To Christ. In the short run that he might be successful in finding a new job, and for myself that I would have wisdom in raising him.  He just turned 18.

Thank You,  Joe
MGov

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 09:44:23 am »

Joe,

I did and will pray for your son.  My son recently turned 18 as well.

Lord bless,
a sister in the Lord
MG
vbeers

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 05:24:03 pm »

MGov- i thought you were a brother...   Smiley

joe- i did pray for your son this morning...i don't have any kids but i work with college-aged kids as my profession...they are such a joy and yet they also tend to 'keep my prayer life full'!

i am praying about applying for a different position where i currently work and would like to request prayer throughout this process.

thank you and god bless!
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 08:09:46 pm »

Mgov, Vbeers---

Thanks so much for your prayers. I will pray for your
son to Mgov, and for direction on your desire for a
new position at work Vbeers. God bless you both.

sincerely,  Joe
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 08:20:56 pm »

I guess if this thread was called "Ask for free Money" there would be a thousand posts by now. Grin I guess no one is really needing of prayer on the BB--I guess no one needs God's help in anything. Everyone has everything they need and has no problems.  Grin  But prayer truly changes things.

--Joe

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 09:21:09 pm »

Joe, and All,

Some of us are trying to whittle it down to a manageable request.  Meanwhile, we ARE praying for YOUR requests.
     Please stand by...

al
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 09:22:27 pm by al Hartman » Logged
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 10:09:45 pm »

I would personally like prayer for forgiveness for those who I attribute with abusing their shepherding care of my family.  I think this is something we could all use, but it is something that I think everyone must come to in their own time.

I see that until I can truly forgive these ones, I cannot move forward.  But I am resting in God the Father's love and trusting that He will give me the ability to forgive them completely, as Christ has forgiven me.  I am reading an excellent book on this topic by John MacArthur entitled, "The Freedom and Power of Forgiveness."
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 08:17:19 am »

Dear Saints,

My purpose in being here (bulletin board) is twofold:

[1.] i have found great deliverance and enlightenment here.

[2.] i want to be a blessing to others.

Please pray that i will have clarity regarding what to post, and how to post it.  There is a lot of controversy of opinions on the bb.  Some of it has to be, so that the truth will be obvious when the smoke clears.  But some of it doesn't have to be.
     Pray for us all, that we will post to the glory of God, to the pleasing of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the blessing and betterment of His people.

Thank you, and may God's blessings abound in your life,
al Hartman

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: