AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 05:14:54 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys  (Read 49593 times)
CBrown

Email
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2003, 06:25:11 am »

VC,

Don't read too much into Luke's typing.  We all make tyyyping mistakes & leave out words.  Check your own typing to validate this.  I wish you did know Luke face to face.  You wouldn't say what you are saying, but he might not say what he's saying too.

CB
CBrown

Email
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2003, 06:32:14 am »

Think or judge as you will....
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2003, 07:06:43 am »

Dear Mr. Carty,

I did not mean it as a racial thing.  If it is all the same to you, I switched it to "are".  But it does provide a nice distraction from the previous argument, doesn't it?  You have taken ONE word out of everything I have said and used it as a platform to promote me as a Grade A bigot and racist.  Wow.  That is the first time I have been called that.

You are only proving my point.  You are assuming way too much and it is quite sad.  I really can't believe that I am being called that by someone proclaiming to be a Christian!  

So this is the beginning of my public spanking.  Wow.  Your arguments make no sense whatsoever.  You are using one word to obliterate everything I have said.  My parents know I am not a racist.  My friends know I am not a racist.  Only you, who have never met me, are now suddenly jumping to such drastic conclusions.

If I can expect further arguments displaying that you know me better than I know myself, than I am done talking with you, my friend.  

Did you read any of my posts or am I just talking to myself?  Now I am expected to defend myself against something so preposturous and rediculous that just boggles my mind.  This is absolutely ludicrous and shameful.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2003, 07:41:38 am »

GREETINGS RETREAD:

You are right. Putting those 2 comments on the same post you referred to is definitely inconsistent and I modified accordingly.

Give me your input if you've got more to say regarding....

Sebastian Andrew
moonflower
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2003, 08:03:28 am »

Dear Mr. Carty,

I did not mean it as a racial thing.  If it is all the same to you, I switched it to "are".  But it does provide a nice distraction from the previous argument, doesn't it?  You have taken ONE word out of everything I have said and used it as a platform to promote me as a Grade A bigot and racist.  Wow.  That is the first time I have been called that.

You are only proving my point.  You are assuming way too much and it is quite sad.  I really can't believe that I am being called that by someone proclaiming to be a Christian!  

Does this mean that we as Christians cannot call members of the KKK racist/bigots??
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 08:07:14 am by Jantje Thonen » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2003, 08:57:49 am »

GREETINGS RETREAD:

You are right. Putting those 2 comments on the same post you referred to is definitely inconsistent and I modified accordingly.

Give me your input if you've got more to say regarding....

Sebastian Andrew
Sebastian,

I have sent you a PM, of what I can say regarding this.

Retread
vernecarty
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2003, 10:07:50 am »

No serious person on this BB thought for a minute that I was truly offended by Luke’s post. The exchange between us was intended to highlight a simple fact- a deeply embedded symptom of assemblyism is the inability to acknowledge and address offences. Look at his lengthy indignant protest. The proper response was “sorry Verne, I did not mean to offend you, and I certainly was not mocking Black speech” That’s it!
This should bring us to an understanding of the frightful condition of George Geftakys today as well as an appreciation of the most deadly feature of his influence in the assemblies. The severest curse of God on man is withholding the gift of repentance.
The lesson is over Luke…sorry about the brutal way I made this point.
Your brother in Christ,
Verne
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 10:14:29 am by vernecarty » Logged
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2003, 10:25:38 am »

Dear Verne,

Nice save!  Grin

Only one lesson has been learned.  You haven't listened to a single thing I have said except for the word "be."

It was a low blow.  Better luck next time.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 10:43:27 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
4Him

Email
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2003, 10:28:36 am »

Dear Everyone,
I notice some similarities with this website and with history.  Please observe:

Back in the fifties, there was a thing called the "Red Scare".  ...
Back in the 1600's, there was a thing called the Salem Witch Trials. ...
Now we come to modern day, 2003.  Here we are still at the same things.  "I heard that so-and-so did such-and-such with so-and-so.  He needs to repent."
Over time, I have learned that this website believes: "Guilty until proven innocent."  And now this same mistrusting, sad state is shifting to everyone else.  Everyone is kept at a distance with suspicious glances and gossip on the side.
A Brother in Christ,
Luke Robinson
Luke,
Please be specific.  The only "I heard that so-and-so..." type statements I've heard here are in the form of questions.  And those are usually either confirmed or debunked quickly.

Now, there are all kinds on this forum, some who are enjoying close fellowship with Christ and some who are struggling in their relationship with Him; some who are very angry and maybe don't honor Christ in their vitriole and others who are very angry yet sin not.  In the midst of it all, Luke, there are two wonderful things happening...
- Many of the wounded are experiencing healing and restoration.
- Many of the perpetrators are being brought to repentance and healing or, if not, cut off so that they may no longer harm the sheep.

Like Brent, two months ago when I called George Geftakys a wicked man, I was villified by those more "spiritual" than I.  They were wrong.  Now most of them are seeing the depths of the error into which the Geftakys system had plunged.  Whether you see it or not, we've all been affected.  By far, the huge majority of the charges made have proven true.  It has been no "witch hunt"!

Luke, you have no idea the depth of the injury inflicted on many in the name of "this ministry".  Have you even read the stories on the GA.com site by Rachel, by Bill & Joyce Hines, by Brinda McCumber, by Kirk Cesaretti, by Steve & Margaret Irons?  Face it, while some of you youngsters have of late been enjoying Teen Teams, teen conferences and rock climbing, many have been shunned and abused by the some of the same ones who you have revered.  It is not the love of God to allow men to continue in there evil deeds.

By-the-way, Luke, how much time have you spent on this site in the Bible forum? or, in the quotes?  Think about it.

Tim Souther
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2003, 10:40:02 am »

Dear Tim,

I have been reading everything.  I have read all of the articles and testimonies.

I have read the majority of the things on this website.  Don't get me wrong.  Of course, if these men are doing wrong things, then out with it!  Let it be known.  But if they aren't...and we start assuming too much...then the fault is on us.

Yes I have revered these men for all the good things that they have taught to me, just like I revere my father, and many others, which on their own, sought the Lord, and I get to share in the things that they have learned.

They might have committed some dreadful deeds but I am still grateful.

I am not blind and I am not deaf.  I am getting older and I am seeing more and more things.  And I learn.  

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 10:40:35 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2003, 10:45:32 am »

Now where were we...before we got distracted?

Oh yeah!  Character assassinations!   Grin
BenJapheth
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2003, 11:37:40 am »

They might have committed some dreadful deeds but I am still grateful.

Some are not so grateful.
BenJapheth
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2003, 11:40:15 am »

They might have committed some dreadful deeds

Yes, dreadful deeds...dreadful.
BenJapheth
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2003, 11:45:36 am »

They might have committed some dreadful deeds but...

but, what?

BenJapheth
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2003, 11:49:45 am »

some dreadful deeds

some dreadful deeds

some dreadful deeds

some dreadful deeds

some dreadful deeds

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: