AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 03:42:00 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Luke Robinson May Become a Future Assembly Leader  (Read 78333 times)
psalm51

Email
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2003, 11:24:05 pm »

Having been a woman in the assembly for 27 years can I say with some authority that it is time to stop acting like victims?
Eulaha, don't be discouraged by this woman's insensitive approach. She may have had a completely different experience than you. You are justified in feeling hurt and more compassion needs to be shown on you from Luke, MGov, Pat Mathews, Matt, Al, and MarkC.
I fail to see how encouraging anyone to stop acting like a victim is insensitive.  We can acknowledge someone's hurt and be compasssionate towards them  and still encourage them to get on with life and not let the past determine the future...in fact, that is much more healthy than constantly feeling sorry for their victimization or commiserating with their misery.

God wants to do new things in our lives, and I'm sure Eulaha realizes and appreciates that as much as the rest of us.
Laurie

Email
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2003, 11:35:58 pm »

Laurie,

Thank you for saying what I could not say.  You are a blessing to me!

Eulaha

If my post encouraged you in anyway, sister, Praise God. You don't have to listen to people like Pat Mathews. One aspect of a cult is that the leaders often try to minimize the damage caused. As a woman who has been involved for 27 years, I'm sure Pat had some sort of authority over the other women. Don't be fooled into thinking that what happened to you was "No big deal" or that it's wrong to think of yourself as a victim.

Matt and Luke:
I hold to everything I've said. You two boys have recklessly hurt Eulaha. Matt, you have tried your best to frighten Eulaha into submission. You two boys don't realize the damage you could have done. You two really should kill yourselves before you cause someone else too.
MGov

Email
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2003, 11:49:25 pm »

Eulaha,

I want you to know that I am not against you, but for you 100%.  I am not pro-anyone, but pro for finding the truth and healing for ALL.

M
psalm51

Email
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2003, 11:58:38 pm »

Laurie,

Thank you for saying what I could not say.  You are a blessing to me!

Eulaha

If my post encouraged you in anyway, sister, Praise God. You don't have to listen to people like Pat Mathews. One aspect of a cult is that the leaders often try to minimize the damage caused. As a woman who has been involved for 27 years, I'm sure Pat had some sort of authority over the other women. Don't be fooled into thinking that what happened to you was "No big deal" or that it's wrong to think of yourself as a victim.

Matt and Luke:
I hold to everything I've said. You two boys have recklessly hurt Eulaha. Matt, you have tried your best to frighten Eulaha into submission. You two boys don't realize the damage you could have done. You two really should kill yourselves before you cause someone else too.
Laurie,
Never did I say that what happened to Eulaha was "no big deal" or "that it's wrong to think of " herself as a victim.  You need to be careful...if you read my post you will see that I am not saying that at all. Also, If you read my other posts on this board you will also see a hint of my past history and will realize that my family was victimized terribly. I could write post after post about being victimized, believe me. So, please, be careful passing judgment on someone you don't even know.  
Your comment to Luke and Matt about killing themselves is in such poor taste that I'm stunned. I hope Brian is too.

Matt

Email
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2003, 12:08:41 am »

Laurie and Eulaha:
oh my GOODNESS! Eulaha, rejoice! Finally, someone even dumber than you has reared their ugly head! Laurie, you can say whatever you want to me or about me, but I can't have you saying anything bad about MGov or Luke. You don't even know what you're talking about, you said yourself you weren't a member of an assembly. It's a classic example of diarrhea of the mouth.
Eulaha, you are NO victim. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my entire life. I don't know what your shrinks are telling you, but sounds like they're doing more damage than good. You know, I really wanted to leave you alone, but when you told Laurie that she was a blessing to you because of that post...the same post where she said she wanted Luke and me to kill ourselves, I see that I just can't get away from you, now can I? I'm going to go ahead and repeat it all, Eulaha. You are the most selfish, egotistical, self-centered jerk. Thank you for showing the board how dumb you are and I hope you praise God that someone else (this Laurie character) has proven herself to be even dumber than you!

And, yes, I still think that you should have your shrinks treat you for narcissism and paranoia rather than for your "pain and suffering" from the people who really loved you in the assembly.
- Matt
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2003, 12:33:05 am »

"Thanks for joining us friends for another night of
the AWF, the Assembly Wrestling Federation. It's
been an exciting evening, with Ex-Assembly members
and non-members alike battling it out here in our forum.
It's been a no holds barred flailing of insults, accusations
and pride like I've never seen. With Eulaha and Laurie on one side of our tag team competition, and Matt and Luke on the other side. Two members of our audience, Al and
Mark C. tried to intercede in the ring in an attempt to calm these wrestlers down, but they were both thrown from the ring violently. The wrestlers are on break now, but it remains to be seen just how much damage they can inflcit on one another once this bout resumes!! Wooo Doggy!!!
What a fight!!!"  Grin Grin Grin
Lurker

Email
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2003, 12:53:33 am »

Laurie and Eulaha:
oh my GOODNESS! Eulaha, rejoice! Finally, someone even dumber than you has reared their ugly head! Laurie, you can say whatever you want to me or about me, but I can't have you saying anything bad about MGov or Luke. You don't even know what you're talking about, you said yourself you weren't a member of an assembly. It's a classic example of diarrhea of the mouth.
Eulaha, you are NO victim. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my entire life. I don't know what your shrinks are telling you, but sounds like they're doing more damage than good. You know, I really wanted to leave you alone, but when you told Laurie that she was a blessing to you because of that post...the same post where she said she wanted Luke and me to kill ourselves, I see that I just can't get away from you, now can I? I'm going to go ahead and repeat it all, Eulaha. You are the most selfish, egotistical, self-centered jerk. Thank you for showing the board how dumb you are and I hope you praise God that someone else (this Laurie character) has proven herself to be even dumber than you!

And, yes, I still think that you should have your shrinks treat you for narcissism and paranoia rather than for your "pain and suffering" from the people who really loved you in the assembly.
- Matt

I just wanted to quote this so it doesn't get deleted next time Matt decides to apologize.  Since he has said stuff like this 3 times, only to delete it, I think it is important that we not erase it this time.

I'm talking to all of you out there.  This is really embarrassing.  Most of us are Christians.  This type of talk is NOT bringing glory and honor to Jesus Christ.  The one's doing the most abusive talking are the most guilty.  God figure out who that is, and it's NOT Pat Mathews!

What have we learned?  
Men can't understand women.  

Someone in their late 20's can't say anything to someone 10 years younger.  

I can insult people in the basest, most juvenile way, and then "apologize," and then re-insult them, and then "apologize," and then delete my posts (as if that erases what I said) and then insult them all over again!

Did you guys learn all this from the Assembly, or from the public schools or what?

back to lurking.
Matt

Email
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2003, 01:01:31 am »

I just wanted to quote this so it doesn't get deleted next time Matt decides to apologize.  Since he has said stuff like this 3 times, only to delete it, I think it is important that we not erase it this time.

Lurker:
hahahahahaha...I'm glad it's posted twice now! Twice the effect. I'm not going to apologize to Eulaha anyway, so it doesn't matter. I never said anything bad about Pat Mathews. Anyway, when you get enough guts to tell me who you are, maybe I will start taking your posts seriously. For the meantime, thanks for the laugh!
- Matt
Matt

Email
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2003, 01:27:43 am »

I can insult people in the basest, most juvenile way, and then "apologize," and then re-insult them, and then "apologize," and then delete my posts (as if that erases what I said) and then insult them all over again!

Did you guys learn all this from the Assembly, or from the public schools or what?

back to lurking.

Yes, please lurk away. You know, just about everyone on this thread encouraged me to delete my posts. I believe I was following Godly counsel, and for you to say that I shouldn't have deleted them shows that you are trying to play God here. I'll tell you what I did learn at the assembly.  I learned how to love other people, I learned how to be loved. I have not experienced this kind of hatred except from people who have left the assembly (aka Eulaha). And I'm sorry you couldn't take anything away from this thread except negative things. It's a little bit like leaving the assembly - you only remember the bad things! How quickly you forget all the times people have helped you and loved you. The first thing that springs to mind is how they've wronged you. They might have wronged you say 5 times, and loved you and served you 300 times, and sure as rain, the first 5 things they'll think about are the times those 5 times they've been wronged.
The assembly is not as bad as anyone wants it to be! And Eulaha is not the victim that she wants to be! And you are NOT God, Lurker.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 01:33:34 am by Matt » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2003, 03:40:42 am »

Verne,
the contempt of outside readers is justified by some of what you're reading here? You think a person is justified in saying that someone should kill themselves just because 2 people are in petty name-calling fight (Eulaha and me). Another ridiculous post thanks to Verne on this already ridiculous thread. Thanks for your contribution!

Joe:
While I thought your post was funny at first, I have to disagree that Luke and I are on the same side. He in no way has indicated that and he and I do not collaborate what we are writing on the board. I did disagree with Laurie about Luke killing himself. I did disagree with how she was disrespectful to Mgov. I'm not on their side (they don't have sides, ask them), but I don't like them to be disrespected.
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2003, 03:59:22 am »

Dear Everyone,

Well, I am writing this from my trusty lap top on the top of the St. Louis Arch.  I went up to the top, pounded out on of the windows, threw my trusty rope ladder to the top and climbed up.  I was already to do a swan dive, when suddenly, I heard a voice telling me not to do it.  So I am just sitting up here, and enjoying the weather.  

BUT SERIOUSLY,

As Matt said I do not like to be put on teams, I do not like being on sides.  But I will tell you one side I am on.  I am on the Lord's side, and all of those here that are Christians, and wish to follow Christ in their lives.  THAT is the only side that I'm on.  

Frankly, I don't even know what we are talking about here.  We are trying so hard to get at each other that we've totally lost sight of what ever we were discussing in the first place(and from what I can see from the topic heading, it wasn't too wholesome  Grin).  It is time to wake up and smell the coffee, as I heard one wise person say.  As Pat so eloquently hinted at, it is time we all move on with our lives.  This conversation has not gotten us anywhere.  Am I right?  

I also agree with Matt in the sense where he said about looking over all of the help that the assembly has been to just pinpoint and expound on every time we've been wronged.  It will happen anywhere you decide to go, folks.  I just pray that when it does, you will be found built on that Solid Rock that cannot be moved.  But that is what it comes down to, doesn't it?  Where is our foundation?  I ask that we all look at these situations more objectively and definitely more spiritually.  If you want to see healing, it is time that we come together in the power that God provides.  There is hope yet for tomorrow!!  Everyone, let's just keep our eyes on Him and if you decide to go at it again, call this thread a different name, like "Arguments"  or something like that.   Grin

As I said before, I am not on just anyone's side here, but I am on everyone's as MGov said.  It is time that we learn to stop trying to be lone rangers or just hurt people but Christ-empowered sons and daughters of God, who are running the race, by grace!  God Bless.  

If any of you have any objections or would like to talk, my PM is right here, as well as e-mail.  

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 04:08:42 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2003, 04:25:34 am »

On that post, Verne, you chose to interfere with my converation with BlueJay. You totally twisted my intentions around on that thread and I'm not sure why you are bringing it up here.
Castration is hardly synonymous with suicide, by the way.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2003, 04:51:13 am »

Luke and Matt---

I know neither of you is really on one side or the
other. I was just making an attempt to lighten
things up a bit. When it gets down to name-calling
it's gone a little to far in my opinion.

God bless you both.  -Joe
Matt

Email
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2003, 04:56:04 am »

Luke and Matt---

I know neither of you is really on one side or the
other. I was just making an attempt to lighten
things up a bit. When it gets down to name-calling
it's gone a little to far in my opinion.

God bless you both.  -Joe

It's ok, Joe. Take care and Lord bless.
Matt

Email
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2003, 05:55:29 am »

Vernejackasscarty,
I think that is kind of messed up that you dredged up some old dispute we had from almost a month ago - one that I apologized for more than once. If there is one problem i had with some saints in the assembly, it was their uncanny ability to remember every screw-up and throw it back in your face much later. I'm not saying, by the way, that that means the assembly was bad. I'm just saying, Verne, that maybe you are more affected by the assembly than YOU think.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 06:20:44 am by Matt » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: