AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 02:55:04 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Correction to past post  (Read 3047 times)
ptemplin7

Email
« on: January 26, 2003, 01:14:12 am »

Thanks to Troy for the comment.

There is a comment I made that needs some clarification. It is in the "More Details Please" topic in this grouping. Made on Jan 21 3:44 pm.

Update: I have already edited the post to remove the comment. Should not have been made in the first place! Lips sealed

Comment:
--------------------------------------------------
Recommened reading if you haven't is Gene Edwards book "When the Church was led only by Laymen". Though Gene has unfortunately gone the way of George G. and is now lording it over the flock. This pamphlet sets out some great spiritual truths.  Available from Seedsowers.com.
--------------------------------------------------

I still recommend the book. He has some others that are pretty good too. What I should have said is that I have HEARD that Gene has gotten very sectarian and has withdrawn from general home church fellowship.

Forgive me if I have cause any of you problems out there. I admit I was passing on information that I have not from first hand experience. Probably should have just left it out all together! Lips sealed

I hope that what I have heard is NOT true and that he has not become proud and exculsive.

Brent I know this is supposed to be for the assembly. I don't want to get side-tracked onto another movement or group. But I felt I needed to clarify the comment.

Lord Bless you all,

Paris Templin

PS Troy if you are looking I'll be in touch soon.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2003, 01:50:39 am by ptemplin7 » Logged
ptemplin7

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 01:53:16 am »

Just talked to Troy in Sacramento and he says that the comment is not true and has not been his experience with Gene.

Sorry for the comment at all. I don't want to make wild accusations any more.

Thanks all for the understanding!

Paris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: