AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 11:55:59 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Post  (Read 5370 times)
trockman

Email
« on: November 15, 2002, 09:02:48 am »

Cheesy

Testing the board! Looks great!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2002, 07:54:37 pm by Brent Trockman » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 06:51:53 am »

Hi Greg,
  Sindy has started to read here and may just do that.  She has read some of my post's and seems to remember things a little differently at times.  This may stir her into action as an agent of "truth" re. my recollections.
   When she does enter the fray she will be very valuable indeed!  She is not only beautiful, but a very talented writer(See my article on False Holiness.  She was the secret editor on that production.)
   I must say that Kim. is doing a fantastic job with her contribution and has learned more in a couple of weeks than I did in many years! Grin
   Eric said somewhere (it is difficult to keep up with all the topics on this BB now) that he thought the "older" Geftakys Leavers were "deeper" in their insight, but I'm not quite sure of that.  In the Assembly you were kept so busy it was difficult to think at all, much less deeply.  The Bible "study" method was devotional in nature and as such addressed one's emotions and only slightly excercised the mind.  When one sought "heart" knowledge over "head" knowledge you begin to resemble a Hare Krishna follower who is in their own private ectasy or pain.  If you have doubts, questions, or notice contradictions you are taught that such thinking is sinful and as such squelch it.
  Also, ex-Assemblyites often have a great desire to know the "why and what" of their past involvement and as such it causes them to seek answers that many Christians just take for granted.  This can be a big positive result of seriously pursuing the above questions.  Sadly, some leave and never ask these questions and even sadder there are some inside the Assembly who have never tried to think for themselves in many years.  May God reach and bless all our dear Friends.          God Bless,  Mark
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 09:20:29 am »

Hi Greg,

Lorretta at this moment does not want to sign up.  She's acting as my helper on some of my current posts and occasionally provides input when I need it.  She is more eloquent than I am!

Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: