AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 05:10:41 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgil, Dav, Simon, Vandyyke - who are you?  (Read 2977 times)
Flora

Email
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:05:15 pm »

On September 16, 2005, in the "anonymous posters" thread, Brian Tucker wrote:

"the original intention of allowing people to register under made up names was to allow people to post here without them getting cut off (or worse) from loved ones still in the assembly. it was also to allow those who might be somewhat shy or embarassed about their role in the assembly to participate here comfortably until they are ready to open up more. it was not intended to allow long-time posters to play games with their identities."

Then on September 21, 2005, in the same thread, Elizabeth H. wrote:

"I have no problem with anonymous posters. Anonymity exists for their protection. ... It does get kind of annoying when certain posters reincarnate themselves like once a week. They come back as a different life form and (surprise! surprise!) keep posting the same thing over and over.

So will the person called - Virgil / Dav / Simon / Vandyyke - please identify himself? I wonder what other names you have chosen to use.

What is your issue? Do you have an identity problem and going through some sort of identity crisis?

On the other hand, are you just playing mind games with us?

If this is some sort of mind game, my only comment is: "Take a hike!" I have had enough mind games to last me a life time. I refuse to be a participant!!!

Flora
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:48:11 am by Flora » Logged
Vandyyke
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:04:41 pm »

It's no mind game. I am just trying to avoid a prospective client from seeing my name on the B.B.

"I have no problem with anonymous posters. Anonymity exists for their protection. ... It does get kind of annoying when certain posters reincarnate themselves like once a week. They come back as a different life form and (surprise! surprise!) keep posting the same thing over and over.Quote from Elizabeth

I guess I did do this once! But it was more to protect the innocent then it was to trap anyone.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 11:37:56 pm by Vandyyke » Logged
Flora

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 04:26:25 am »

Being anonymous on the bb is relatively simple. You only have to have a cover name like "brother-xyz" and keep your e-mail address hidden. That way your prospective client would not be able to identify you, and the rest of us would have a consistant profile of who you are. So why the continual changing of anonymous names?

Before I post, I often click on the profile of the person to whom I am responding. Then I often read other posts that the person has made. I do this to help verify the fact that I am understanding their post and where they are coming from. Sometimes I am still off the mark, but I endeavour to equip myself as best as I can. When you use many names, it is hard to know who you are as a person and whether or not the response is appropriate.

Also, some of your posts deal with serious spiritual matters. Consequently, I don't view responding as a light matter. I pray and ask God for guidance and wisdom in what I post.

Vandyyke, I am left with not a clue if you are even serious in your desire to learn a scriptural answer to the questions you are posing. This is due to the fact that when you come on the bb with a brand new name, you seem to also take a different perspective on the issue, and you seem to deflect any valid answer to your original question.

Quite frankly, I'm finding it harder and harder to take your postings seriously. However, I'm still trying.

Are you going to stay with the name Vandyyke or are you going to change it again? Just curious.

Flora
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: