AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 12:01:00 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 17278 times)
editor
« on: February 06, 2003, 09:09:53 pm »

Dear BB users:

Due to one or more guests, who start topics, waste space, and generally irritate the bulletin board community:

I have disabled guests from posting.  Guests must now log in, and use a real name.

I am going to re-order the board, so that there is a serious section, and a "wild" section.  The free for all that is happening now is detrimental.  Again, I am not deleting anything that has been posted, but I am enforcing the idea that it is a prviledge to post.

Sadly, guests have abused that priviledge.

Brent Tr0ckman
editor
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 09:36:46 pm »

OH one other announcement:

anyone who registers with a name like, Anon e moose, or ?, etc,  who doesn't have a real email,

You account will be deleted until the boards are reorganized.  It is time for people to use their real names.  Email will be able to remain private, but no more anonymous posters will be allowed.

It only takes a teensy-weensy bit of courage to say something and put your name on it.  It isn't really walking in the light, but it is not quite as dark as anonymous guest posts.

Brent
wmathews

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 09:44:58 pm »

Hear, Hear! Oh esteemed editor!

OK, people, come out of the darkness of cyber-hiding and into the light!

Notice is served to all lurkers, guests, anonymous posters, and all others afflicted by identity crises....

Come out!

By Wayne Mathews (I think)
brad

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 10:18:38 pm »

Much appreciated B. Tr0ckman,

Many of us have been upset and frustrated by the anonymous postings...I applaud you for your wisdom and appropriate action in this matter.

Peace...

Brad Mathias
Rudy

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 10:25:55 pm »

Halleluiah !!!!!

Just be aware that people will still "think" of some way around
that. Maybe make user name first/last inclusive ?
editor
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 11:05:21 pm »

With regard to the new format of the bulletin board:

New accounts will have their passwords emailed to them.  Therefore, they must have a valid email.

I have deleted several "new Accounts" today, because they were phoney emails, the same thing as a "guest" etc.

Names people.  Use your real name.  If you are too afraid to use your name,

Shame on you!

Brent
wolverine

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2003, 11:07:54 pm »

You da' MAN, Solomon...er, Brent...

BrentTr0ckmanFan
editor
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2003, 11:26:40 pm »

Another Anouncement

If you haven't figured it out, I can see all of your email, IP's etc.

I will never "out" your email, if you choose to have it private, but if it is a phoney email, I will delete your account!

Also, If you don't change your name in such a way that we know who you are, Your account will be deleted, after a warning or two...

Acceptable name   bibleboy......as long as it includes a valid email and signature with a real name, like Art Vandelay, etc.  Wink

Unacceptable name:  bibleboy.....with email of bible@priest.com, and with no signature!  This will be so deleted.

What we are really looking for:

example

B. Tr0ckman   email  editor@geftakysassembly.com  signature,  Brent Tr0ckman.

See, everyone knows it's me.  All of you must do the same, or be deleted.

In some cases, I may let everyone know who you really are, but I will never give out your emails.

Brent
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2003, 11:30:43 pm »

GO BRENT GO! GO BRENT GO! Grin
editor
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 11:34:48 pm »

Yet another glorious announcement.

I have emailed every member on this BB.  Any mail that is returned due to an invalid address will have the account deleted immediately!

We have been totally free and open on this bulletin board.  We were expecting that people would behave decently in response.  Almost all of you have exceeded my expectations and proven that freedom is the best policy.

However, a few Assembly members have used freedom as a cloak for vice, and so they will be dealt with.

As for the rest of us,  please continue to post as usual.  Disagree, vehemently disagree, question, applaud, etc.  Just use your names!

Brent Tr0ckman
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 11:51:13 pm »

Kudos, friend.

The metamorphosis was necessary. It's a living thing.
Rudy

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2003, 05:11:06 am »

Why at 709 PM does it show we have 11 guests, 17 users ?
wolverine

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2003, 05:20:41 am »

ummm...Pre-post???
karensanford

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2003, 06:01:43 am »

Art Vandelay...I think I know that guy.

Isn't he in the import/export business?  Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Grin
Rudy

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2003, 06:01:54 am »

Why at 759 PM are there 22 guests and 18 users logged on ?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: