AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 06:00:52 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about discipline of church leaders  (Read 17408 times)
vbeers

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2003, 05:31:21 am »

hey lookingaway...i think that bluejay was kidding...just a hunch...

and let's just say for moment that he wasn't kidding(which he most certainly was as indicated by the "j/k")...would it upset you that he was angry about that?  maybe bluejay doesn't feel that tim g. should be anywhere other than behind bars, much less at an angels game.
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2003, 05:55:09 am »

Ok guys, I just said Angel's game because it would be most unlikely that I would see him even if he was present. In other words, I've met with him, talked with him, seen him in the "open" meetings and that is about as much as I am willing to tolerate until he humbles himself utterly and completely!
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2003, 11:00:33 pm »

To lookingaway:

Please don't mistake my sarcasm for anger...I to am trying to make sense of all of these events since the assembly played a pivotal role in my life.  I'm really not angry.

And by the way, yes - there have been many times where I have needed a break and used an event such as a baseball game to "get away" and relax.  The difference is that I hold a full time job...What could Tim G. possibly need a break from???  He's been on scholarship his whole life!!!  
Arthur
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2003, 04:36:49 am »

Well, I imagine it's hard work ripping off God's people.  There's all that time that he has to study the word to find ways to justify his family's racket and to beat down the sheep until they understand it's the G-way or the highway.  Hey, I can totally see that it takes time to think of ways to malign the character of those who do not agree with you and who might stand in your way.  And no doubt writing those excommunication letters isn't easy either.  Why do you think George has a secretary...oh, well, uh... Embarrassed

Bluejay

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2003, 05:16:39 am »

Good point Arthur.  Also don't forget that part of the criteria of being a Geftakys  would entail the grueling task of covering up for one another...I am sure  that between all the paper shreading and  "off the record phone calls and meetings" that there was hardly a lot of time for anything else....It apparently didn't leave time for working out and keeping in shape...just look at Tim's pot belly!

It also apparently didn't leave any time for any public speaking courses or motivation courses, as nothing Tim, David or George said truly ever made any sense.  They tried to appear to be speaking over everyone's head, but it was always just a bunch of senselss babble!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: