AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 03:35:55 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sondra speaks out.  (Read 77948 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2005, 09:18:53 pm »

OK---I have had enough. When one makes an honest post and is told they
"crucified" the other person that is just a bit too much. You apparently haven't
just pushed MY "hot" button, but almost everyone's "hot" button on the
board. But that's because you look for the hot button to push in the first place.
I guess will have to agree to disagree.
Happy hunting.

--Joe
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 10:04:44 pm by Joe Sperling » Logged
editor
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2005, 09:28:09 pm »

This is an interesting scenario you are cooking up in your imaginations, but it does bring up an interesting question.  What if George had contacted me and wanted to talk with some of you brethren and try to get things right?  If I am treated this way how does someone pierce the veil to make amends that were so purported to be sought and needed?

This is a very interesting topic.  Here is my opinion.

If George wanted to "make things right," he would have to do the following, in order:

1.) Confess, admit, apologize, etc. to Betty
2.) Admit what he did with the "women," and publicly, in writing and in person demonstrate a zeal for repentance, and a consistent pattern of humility regarding the same.
3.) Demonstrate what he did with the money, etc.   In short he must give account for his actions as leader of the group.

He need not go through this board, but the people on this board should certainly be made aware of what was going on, one way or the other. 

I think the above is a biblical pattern of repentance in light of George's circumstance.

Brent
Oscar

Email
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2005, 10:03:11 pm »

Howdy Folks,

I think Brent has described what GG would have to do to evidence true repentence very well.

I don't, however, think there is any danger of GG not being able to "get through" to those he wishes to reconcile with. 

He knows my phone number.

Well, that's all for now....I've got to go sit by the phone just incase he calls.  Let's see...its been 15 years.  Maybe he's trying to get through right now.  I'd better get offline.  Just in case.   Wink Smiley Cheesy Grin

Thomas Maddux
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2005, 10:49:01 pm »

Sondra---

No, I don't think you should shut up. This thread was actually set up so that you
can share anything you want to share. And I hope you will continue to do that.
It just seems that many of the posts become "inflamed" very quickly by comments
being made. Maybe it's your communication style, or my lack and others of under-
standing where you are coming from. That is why I stopped visiting the SWTE
site a year ago or more. So, I am going to "try"(can't promise that I will permanently
remain quiet Wink  ) to stay away from this thread (at least from posting on it) and
stick with some of the other threads. Thanks for your explanation.

--Joe
M2
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2005, 10:02:30 am »

Thought you might enjoy reading one email I received not too long ago.  I omitted identifying info. but otherwise did not add anything or modify the email.

Hello, Sondra. If you are the same person, you're from Champaign and I
remember meeting you ___________________________
 - probably around 19___. I enjoy reading your posts on the SWTE
board _____________________________________.The AB is
distressing. It seems as if it is just Verne, Marcia, Dave Sable and
ex-Valley folks (Mark Campbell, Al Hartman. and Tom Maddux.). Oh, yes,
and Brent. For myself, I have only good memories of my time in fellowship,
from 19__ to_________________________. Again, I hope
you are encouraged because there are probably many people like me who are
reading your posts and nodding their heads in complete agreement.

Regards,

I can see that an email like this would encourage you re. SWTE.
I can see that someone who only has good memories of their time in fellowship would find AB distressing.

Stuff like that is useful if one can learn something from it.
Your emailee is saying that he/she does not like the tone of AB and there are just about 7 regular posters on AB, but there are many, ie the ones who only have good memories of their assembly days(pronounced daze Wink), agreeing with SWTE.

You probably will not be getting an email like that from the regular AB posters.  A good question to ask is "Can we do the right thing regardless of the number of emails we get to encourage/discourage us?"

This kind of thing only promotes the you vs. me mentality.  Comparison words like "just" (7 posters) and "many" silent majority.  How does it help you to find truth?

Marcia
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2005, 10:38:13 am »

I don't usually "out" a pm, but this one suits the purpose, and the writer of it has given permission:

Hello ________,

I'm so encouraged at my every visit to briantucker's BB. It is so good to finally be seeing things clearly and not running into the "I'm okay, you have the problem" mentality. The veil is finally off the Geftakys empire and a spade is being called a spade.

The doctrinal discussions are really refreshing. It is so good to be able to discuss things that were previously brushed under the carpet and considered unimportant.

I'm glad to be away from the rigidity, laws, and spiritual hierarchy that were characteristic of all the meeting groups.  I'm glad to be able to come to a place where things are seen clearly, people are accepted and encouraged to join in.

I'm sorry you have that odd little trio on the other site that seems to justify their existence by criticizing the people who post on this BB. It brings back memories of being in the assembly. Sondra can't seem to shake her assembly way of thinking and she fights any way of thinking that differs from her own by trying to trash everyone that posts here.  

I'm sorry for the disturbance that she caused on this BB, and hope that soon she can begin to forgive people who she feels wronged her, stop accusing posters here of doing what she is doing herself, and focus on something else besides this BB.  

Thanks, Brent, for starting up a BB where the truth can be told.

In Christ,
________
M2
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2005, 11:09:51 am »

James 3:4-5
Behold, the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder, wherever the inclination of the pilot desires.  So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and {yet} it boasts of great things. Behold, how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!(NAS)

Sondra

Right about the words being able to fuel fires, and words of encouragement can make one feel good.  But like criticism, encouragement is only helpful if it is truth.  Flattery is not encouragement.

Marcia
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2005, 11:24:49 am »

SONDRA CHANGED MY POST AND THEN QUOTED IT AS IF IT WERE WHAT I SAID IN MY POST.

ISN'T THIS CROSSING THE LINE??
M2
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2005, 11:35:04 am »

I don't usually "out" a pm, but this one suits the purpose, and the writer of it has given permission:

Hello ________,

I'm so encouraged at my every visit to briantucker's BB. It is so good to finally be seeing things clearly and not running into the "I'm okay, you have the problem" mentality. The veil is finally off the Geftakys empire and a spade is being called a spade.

The doctrinal discussions are really refreshing. It is so good to be able to discuss things that were previously brushed under the carpet and considered unimportant.

I'm glad to be away from the rigidity, laws, and spiritual hierarchy that were characteristic of all the meeting groups.  I'm glad to be able to come to a place where things are seen clearly, people are accepted and encouraged to join in.

I'm sorry you have that odd little trio on the other site that seems to justify their existence by criticizing the people who post on this BB. It brings back memories of being in the assembly. Sondra can't seem to shake her assembly way of thinking and she fights any way of thinking that differs from her own by trying to trash everyone that posts here.  

I'm sorry for the disturbance that she caused on this BB, and hope that soon she can begin to forgive people who she feels wronged her, stop accusing posters here of doing what she is doing herself, and focus on something else besides this BB.  

In Christ,
________

Nice!   Smiley

As James Brown(??) would sing "I feel good"   Smiley Cool

Marcia

P.S.  Sondra, you have crossed the line with the lies you posted re. the PM that you modified. Tongue Angry Sad

Marcia
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2005, 11:39:16 am »

So you want to throw some sand before you get thrown out of the sandbox for not playing by the rules?

Suit yourself.

BTW, I had only girls, not boys. Sounds like nice ones, though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:42:35 am by moonflower2 » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2005, 12:16:15 pm »

Quote from: moonflower2 on Today at 12:38:13 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ________,

In Christ,
________

Posted on: Today at 01:17:35 AMPosted by: ruth  
Well Jan, I am just appaulled that you "outed" me and posted my email.  I guess I misunderstood you when you asked me if you could change a few things in it and post it.  Glad you didn't identify me.  Please do not modify my emails in the future.  Here is my original version.

Quote from: moonflower2 on Today at 12:38:13 AM

Hello ________,

I'm so encouraged at my every visit to SWTE. It is so good to finally be seeing things clearly and not running into the "I'm okay, you have the problem" mentality. The veil is finally off the Geftakys empire and a spade is being called a spade.

I'm delighted you have that wonderful group on the other site that seems to hit the nail on the head when they post contrasting views to the people who post on this BB.  They bring back memories of being in the assembly. Jan Haan can't seem to shake her assembly way of thinking and she fights any way of thinking that differs from her own by trying to trash those brothers or sisters who post here.  

Thanks, Brent, for being brave enough to deal with George for many who would still be with him today otherwise.  I'm glad you could see through George's deception and exposed the sin.  Others now claim they saw, but they didn't see or they would have left before the Website was opened.    Followers are followers.  

In Christ,
________

Posted on: Today at 01:24:49 AMPosted by: moonflower2  

Posted on: Today at 01:31:08 AMPosted by: ruth  
Of course it will be.  My days are numbered.  You are trying your best to irritate me and insult me and I just swatted at the little fly that has been trying to fly up my nose, dear Jan.  

Sondra,

I am astonished that you can deliver such a reasonable response as you did to my enquiry, then turn around and post such a deceitful thing as to actually create a lie against someone.  How does this reflect the love of Christ?

How can you and your associates not see that you do, over and over again, the very things that you accuse the posters on this board of doing (not just in response to them, but initiating hostility against almost everyone you address)?  If you are trying to stir up support on SWTE, it may be working.  Anyone who would read your posts on this board and not recognize your radical mood swings, back and forth between ranting-&-railing and cooing-&-making nice, would buy the Brooklyn Bridge.  But honestly, Sondra, I don't think a single soul over here hasn't recognized that you appear to be at best seriously emotionally disturbed or, at worst, seriously demonically influenced.  

I am not condemning you or pronouncing judgment, Sondra, because I honestly can't figure out what is wrong with you and your associates.  But whatever it is, I believe it to be serious and in need of immediate attention.  I have looked for the love of Jesus Christ in your posts, for your love toward the brethren, but I can't find it.

Say whatever you will about me, I will stand or fall at my Lord's discretion.  But I implore you, Sondra, to humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and let Him do a new work in your heart.

For Jesus Christ's sake,
al
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 12:19:45 pm by al Hartman » Logged
M2
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2005, 06:47:42 pm »

Nope.  I don't care if it's true or not when my husband tells me he loves my new outfit.  I just assume he does and say, "Thanks" - but that's just old uncomplicated me.  But thanks anyway for your warm, but very petty consideration, Marcia.  Some people actually wish other believer's well as I do you.    

Sondra

I actually thought that we were having a nice discussion, until you labelled the whole consideration as being petty.  This is where my discussions often end up with you, Sondra.  If I do not say, "yes-maam", then my motives and morals get speculated on and I get labelled as petty bitter unforgiving and/or other colorful metaphors.

This is not a matter of liking/disliking you as a person, but more a matter of agreeing/disagreeing with your POV.  Sorry, I cannot be your yes-man, and I do not have the talent/gift to discuss matters with you.  However, if I happen to be online and if you post something on public forum, I might just attempt to enter the discussion anyway.

Encouraging emails/pms etc. are great, but I was attempting to communicate that we need to take both the ecouragement and the criticism to heart such that we can grow as individuals.  Sometimes the encouragement can be flattery, and can actually be harmful to maintaining a poisoned POV.

Marcia
Oscar

Email
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2005, 05:08:03 am »

Yup!

Thomas Maddux
Oscar

Email
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2005, 05:13:00 am »

Taking a break from all this fun. 

Later, Lord bless,

Sondra

Yes Sondra,

You are taking a break...an extended one.    I asked you not to demean the posters on this BB. 

Your reply to Al shows that you have no intention of complying.

I am locking this thread. 

Mr. Thomas Maddux
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: