AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 04:24:55 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: powers of ten  (Read 5373 times)
paul hohulin

Email
« on: March 08, 2003, 07:13:09 am »

How big is the universe? How big is God? How small are we?
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/

Hohulin
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 12:06:21 pm »

Supposedly, President John F. Kennedy had a plaque on his desktop that read:

O, God,
                           thy sea is so great,
                       and my boat is so small.

Isn't that a fitting declaration of mortal man's place in the universe and before God?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 07:31:03 pm by al Hartman » Logged
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 05:31:06 pm »

No Wink
4Him

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 09:45:07 pm »

How big is the universe? How big is God? How small are we?
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/
Hohulin
Now that is certifiably cool Paul! Shocked
It most certainly puts us in our place.
Psalm 8: 1 <<For the Chief Musician; set to the Gittith. A Psalm of David.>>  O Jehovah, our Lord, How excellent is thy name in all the earth, Who hast set thy glory upon the heavens!  
2  Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou established strength, Because of thine adversaries, That thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.  
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, The moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;  
4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man,  that thou visitest him?  
5  For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.  
6  Thou makest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet:  
7  All sheep and oxen, Yea, and the beasts of the field,  
8  The birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, Whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.  
9  O Jehovah, our Lord, How excellent is thy name in all the earth!
Arthur
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2003, 09:46:04 pm »

That is really cool, Paul!  Thanks for sharing.
Mrs. Arthur

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 12:46:14 am »

I'm hoping to one-day home school my child/children and this is such an awesome resource!  I almost wish my son were old enough now to be learning about this!  Cheesy  I guess I'll just have to be interested in it for the time being  Smiley.

Thanks for the link!
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 01:31:02 am »

Paul----

Thanks for the post of that site. That is truly
amazing!!!

--Joe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: