AssemblyBoard
May 15, 2024, 11:46:28 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: PROMISES TO ENCOURAGE!!  (Read 14621 times)
H

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2003, 09:04:30 pm »

Isaiah 54:6  ¶For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7  For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8  In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
9  For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10  For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
moonflower
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2003, 08:28:33 am »

"He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot--come let us rejoice in Him."  Ps. 66:6

"...I will allure her,
Will bring her into the wilderness,
And speak comfort to her.
I will give her her vineyards from there,
And the Valley of Achor as a door of Hope:
She shall sing there,
As in the days of her youth,
As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt."
Hosea 2:14-15
lenore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2004, 09:00:12 pm »

I would like this to be a place where people can write in and just put down a verse that really has encouraged them or IS ENCOURAGING THEM AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!  God is still speaking to His people, and we have his precious word for life.  As 2 Peter 1:4 says, God has given us EXCEEDING GREAT AND PRECIOUS PROMISES!!  LET'S BE HAPPY!! God Bless.

Psalm 8:4  I will both lay me me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT IDEA:

HERE IS MY CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR THREAD:

JUNE 4, 2004: 12:08 PM EST:
========================================

Abba, Father
By Roy Lessin, Co-Founder DaySpring Cards.

“And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" Galatians 4:6 NKJV

One of the most endearing names of God is “Abba, Father.” It is a name we come to know and understand when the Holy Spirit comes to live within us. It is the name that a child affectionately uses when he says “Daddy” or “Papa.” It is a name that is unique among family members. It is a name that speaks of trust, intimacy, dependency, and identity. It is from the father/child relationship that a child receives security, courage, confidence, direction, and worth.

When I became a father, my heart entered a new world of discovery, insight, and love. I began to see things that were once hidden from my understanding.
I began to love with the heart of a father, think with the mind of a father, and feel with the emotions of a father. I began to touch the heart of God on a deeper level—feeling what He feels, seeing what He sees, and experiencing what He experiences as a Father to His children.

One of the benefits of a father/child relationship is that of inheritance. A father’s children are also his heirs. I realized that everything I have, my children can rightfully claim. This claim of inheritance is not theirs because of their personality, talents, looks, or intelligence, but because of their birthright.

In the story of the prodigal son, the father lovingly speaks these words to his eldest son, “Everything I have is yours.” What the father spoke to his eldest son, God is speaking to us. He is saying to you today, “My child, everything I have is yours. I have made you My heir and a joint-heir with My Son. Every spiritual blessing is yours. Heaven is yours, and My kingdom is yours because you are Mine!”

There are so many blessings that I have experienced in being a father. My children have brought me a thousand joys and continue to bring me great pleasure. I believe God rejoices over us, and that He delights in our love and response to Him. As His child, you have the awesome privilege of honoring Him, enjoying Him, knowing Him, loving Him, serving Him, and pleasing Him with all of your heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

HAVE A GIDDAY, AND I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER

LENORE
lenore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 02:56:05 am »

Smiley

Subject: A Story Worth Repeating

Sometimes something really good comes along, this is one of them

A young man learns what's most important in life from the guy next door.

It had been some time since Jack had seen the old man. College, girls, career, and life itself got in the way. In fact, Jack moved clear across the country in pursuit of his dreams.

There, in the rush of his busy life, Jack had little time to think about the past and often no time to spend with those important to him. He was working on his future, and nothing could stop him.

Over the phone, his mother told him, "Mr... Belser died last night.  The funeral is Wednesday."

Memories flashed through his mind like an old newsreel as he sat quietly remembering his childhood days.

"Jack, did you hear me?"

"Oh, sorry, Mom. Yes, I heard you. It's been so long since I thought of him. I'm sorry, but I honestly thought he died years ago," Jack said.

"Well, he didn't forget you. Every time I saw him he'd ask how you were doing. He'd reminisce about the many days you spent over "his side of the fence" as he put it," Mom told him.

"I loved that old house he lived in," Jack said.

"You know, Jack, after your father died, Mr..Belser stepped in to make sure you had a man's influence in your life," she said.

"He's the one who taught me carpentry," he said. "I wouldn't be in this business if it weren't for him. He spent a lot of time teaching me things he thought were important...Mom, I'll be there for the funeral," Jack said.

As busy as he was, he kept his word. Jack caught the next flight to his hometown.  Mr. Belser's funeral was small and uneventful. He had no children of his own, and most of his relatives had passed away.

The night before he had to return home, Jack and his Mom stopped by to see the old house next door one more time.

Standing in the doorway, Jack paused for a moment. It was like crossing over into another dimension, a leap through space and time.

The house was exactly as he remembered. Every step held memories. Every picture, every piece of furniture....Jack stopped suddenly.

"What's wrong, Jack?" his Mom asked.

"The box is gone," he said.

"What box? " Mom asked.

"There was a small gold box that he kept locked on top of his desk.  I must have asked him a thousand times what was inside. All he'd ever tell me was 'the thing I value most,'" Jack said.

It was gone. Everything about the house was exactly how Jack remembered it, except for the box. He figured someone from the Belser family had taken it.

"Now I'll never know what was so valuable to him," Jack said. "I better get some sleep. I have an early flight home, Mom."

It had been about two weeks since Mr.. Belser died. Returning home from work one day Jack discovered a note in his mailbox.  "Signature required on a package. No one at home. Please stop by the main post office within the next three days," the note read.

Early the next day Jack retrieved the package. The small box was old and looked like it had been mailed a hundred years ago.  The handwriting was difficult to read, but the return address caught his attention."Mr. Harold Belser" it read.  Jack took the box out to his car and ripped open the package. There inside was the gold box and an envelope. Jack's hands shook as he read the note inside.

"Upon my death, please forward this box and its contents to Jack Bennett. It's the thing I valued most in my life." A small key was taped to the letter. His heart racing, as tears filling his eyes, Jack carefully unlocked the box. There inside he found a beautiful gold pocket watch. Running his fingers slowly over the finely etched casing, he unlatched the cover. Inside he found these words engraved: "Jack, Thanks for your time! -Harold Belser."

"The thing he valued most...was...my time."

Jack held the watch for a few minutes, then called his office and cleared his appointments for the next two days. "Why?"  Janet, his assistant asked. "I need some time to spend with my son,"  he said. "Oh, by the way, Janet... thanks for your time!"

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away,"

lenore
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 03:24:42 am »

:DJuly 18: Happy Lord's Day : 6:35 pm

My Grace Is Sufficient For You"

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

James 4:10 KJV

-------------

For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it?

But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

1 Peter 2:19,20 KJV

-------------

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that you may do the will of God and receive what is promised. "For yet a little while, and the coming one shall come and shall not tarry; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him."

But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and keep their souls.

Hebrews 10:35-39 RSV

-------------

God, Whose grace is all sufficient, be glorified!

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only
begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him.

lenore
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2004, 02:25:35 pm »

Cheesy: Good Morning from Arnprior, Canada. at 5:35 am on August 7th. It is chilly up this way.

SOME VERSES TO ENCOURAGE YOU TODAY.

Our Sufficiency is From God

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God

2 Corinthians 3:5 KJV

---------------

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.

Colossians 1:12,21,22 KJV

------------

I want you to open their eyes, so that they will turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.

Then their sins will be forgiven, and by faith in me they will become part of God's holy people.

Acts 26:18 CEV

------------

saves is faith in Him.

AND THESE FOLLOWING VERSES AS WELL:

Today's Scripture

It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. The man who fears God will avoid all extremes. Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city.

Ecclesiastes 7:18,19 NIV

-------------

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9,10 KJV

-------------

Therefore he had to be made like his brethren in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make expiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered and been tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.

Hebrews 2:17,18 RSV

-------------

You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

1 John 4:4 NASB

-------------

saves is faith in Him.

lenore
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 07:44:51 am »

:)August 12, at 10:46 pm

Good evening.

The devotional #16
Becoming a woman who walks with God
Abiding in Christ by Cynthia Heald

Title: UNCONDITIONAL TRUST
Verse: Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And do not lean on your own understanding
In all your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your paths straight.

(parts of the devotional)
During a recent struggle, it seemed that the Lord was saying to me."DO YOU TRUST ME?"
My response was "Yes, Lord, I trust You. But can't you rephrase the question. 'Do you trust me to work everthing out so that you are happy?" I think I could only trust you then."
But the Lord was steadfast the issue was my UNCONDITIONAL TRUST. No strings attached, no negotiating, no promises.
---To trust God with all my heart. There is no room for bargaining for what I THINK IS BEST - only implicit confidence and patience in HIS PLAN.
The SCRIPTURES DO NOT PROMISE that "all will be according to our human perspective.  They do, however, promise that God will work all things for our good. As we learn to trust Him
"no matter what" He develops within us deeply rooted confidence in Him. The confidence enables us to lean on HIS UNDERSTANDING  AND HIS WAYS OF WORKING IN OUR LIVES.

All the way my Saviour leadsme
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt his tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well            author: Fanny J. Crosby

Prayer: Lord, you are very gracious, You give a good return for total trust - You grant me freedom from trying to figure everthing out and assurance that I'm on the right path. Teach me to lean on, trust, and be confident in You with all my heart.              AMEN

QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES IN MY LIFE THAT ESPECIALLY CALL FOR WHOLEHEARTED TRUST, NO MATTER WHAT?
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2004, 05:27:59 am »

by Cynthia Heald, from Lenore's post (below):
The SCRIPTURES DO NOT PROMISE that "all will be according to our human perspective.  They do, however, promise that God will work all things for our good.

As parents, we demand certain behaviors of our children, the reasons for which are beyond their comprehension.  If they challenge our judgment, we may ultimately silence them by telling them, "It's for your own good."  We expect them to believe us, trust us, and obey us.

Then, as children of God, we forget the entire principle and insist on understanding His reasons before we will obey.  He has promised:  Whatever He requires of us, it is for our own good, whether that is evident to us or not.  He expects us to believe Him, trust Him, and obey Him.

al

lenore
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2004, 09:39:20 am »

:)August 25 at 12:47 am Arnprior Time.

Devotional booK: Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado

TITLE:  RESCUED BY HEAVEN
VERSE: John 5:24: I tell you the truth, whoever hears what I say and believes in the One who sent me has eternal life.

@When you recognize God as Creator, you will admire Him.
When you recognize His wisdom, you will learn from him.
When you discover his strength, you will rely on him.
But only when he saves you will you worship Him.
@It's a "before and after" scenario. Before your rescue, you could easily keep God at a distance...
Sure he was important, but so was your career. Your status, Your salary.......
@Then came the storm......
the rage......
the fight.......
the ripped moorings.....
Despair fell like a fog: your bearings were gone. In your heart, you knew there was no exit.
@Turn to your career for help? Only if you want to hide from the storm......not escape it.
Lean on your status for strength?
A storm isn't impressed with your title..........
@Suddenly , you are left with one option.
God.
lenore
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 09:21:15 pm »

April 15, 2005

SERENITY ENCORE

GOD GRANT ME
THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT
THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE
THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

GOD GRANT ME
THE INTEGRITY TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH
FROM UNFRIENDLY CRITICS
THE INSIGHT TO SEE TALENTS
IN UNLIKELY PEOPLE
AND THE GRACE
TO SHARE WITH THEM

GOD GRANT ME
THE SECURITY TO LISTEN TO THOSE
WHO DISAGREE WITH ME
THE SENSITIVITY TO FEEL FOR
THOSE WHO ARE HURTING
AND THE HUMILITY TO SERVE THEM

GOD GRANT ME
THE POWER TO ACCEPT THOSE
WHO REJECT ME
THE PATIENCE TO WORK
WITH THOSE WHO USE ME
AND THE LOVE TO FORGIVE THEM.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2005, 06:17:19 am »

Thanks Lenore,

The first stanza is the one everybody knows.  It's pretty popular and is used broadly in 12-step programs such as AA, perhaps because it's all about "Me" having serenity & courage & wisdom, and "Me" making changes: lots of bold, macho, works-based stuff! 

April 15, 2005

SERENITY ENCORE

GOD GRANT ME
THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT
THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE
THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

...after that, the emphases of the last three stanzas shift to receiving God's grace for integrity, humility, sensitivity, acceptance of rejection, patience, love and forgiveness.  I have never read or heard these before.  They are much more the message of Christ than is the first one...

GOD GRANT ME
THE INTEGRITY TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH
FROM UNFRIENDLY CRITICS
THE INSIGHT TO SEE TALENTS
IN UNLIKELY PEOPLE
AND THE GRACE
TO SHARE WITH THEM

GOD GRANT ME
THE SECURITY TO LISTEN TO THOSE
WHO DISAGREE WITH ME
THE SENSITIVITY TO FEEL FOR
THOSE WHO ARE HURTING