AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 02:24:16 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Luke Robinson May Become a Future Assembly Leader  (Read 78048 times)
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2003, 12:53:48 am »

Most of you people who contribute on this website need to find other things to do in your spare time.  You are putting way too much focus on this bulletin board.  I check this thing once a week (on a rare occasion twice).

Matt- 18 is no longer a teenager.  It is considered an age when these young adults can make decisions on their own.  Stop sticking up for Luke.  It's really none of your business anyway...

I will not apologize, so please don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise.  This bulleting board is starting to remind me of my Assembly days.  Maybe I should do as Brent and take a six week break from all of this...
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2003, 05:21:13 am »

Ihr wißt [doch], meine geliebten Brüder: Jeder Mensch sei schnell zum Hören, langsam zum Reden, langsam zum Zorn.  Denn eines Mannes Zorn wirkt nicht Gottes Gerechtigkeit.
MGov

Email
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2003, 05:29:36 am »

Ihr wißt [doch], meine geliebten Brüder: Jeder Mensch sei schnell zum Hören, langsam zum Reden, langsam zum Zorn.  Denn eines Mannes Zorn wirkt nicht Gottes Gerechtigkeit.

Huh?Huh  We need an interpreter.  I don't have one of those dictionaries, whatever it is.

M
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2003, 06:13:31 am »

It's James 1:19-20 in German.

I copied it from (http://theonlinebible.com/).

They have the Bible available in an amazing variety of languages.  There are other web sites that have even more languages.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 09:30:36 am by Stephen M. Fortescue » Logged
editor
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2003, 08:01:06 am »

Hello Everyone

My six weeks aren't up yet, so this isn't really a post.

Glad to see you here Matt!  How's Bible study coming along?

Brent
Matt

Email
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2003, 08:53:38 am »

Ok,
Thank you everyone for your private messages and your emails. I have erased all my posts from this thread. I'm sorry Eulaha, really that out of one corner of my mouth I ask for forgiveness and out of the other corner I blasted you. It was not right of me. I'm not asking you to apologize or to explain yourself, I just want to let go of all this. Thanks for your understanding.
- Matt
P.s. Brent, I go to Dave Lee's Tuesday night Bible study and it's going well, thanks for asking.

P.s.s. My dad used to sing a song to me...i think it's old and he used my name in it "Matt started a joke, which started the whole world crying." I didn't start this joke, but I think I did make a lot of people cry on the inside.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 09:39:43 am by Matt » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2003, 10:52:53 pm »

Everyone,

Please read the new thread "Sticks and Stones..."

Gob bless all here,
al Hartman
MGov

Email
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2003, 02:13:15 am »

Eulaha et al(pun intended) (this is a joke)

A few things I have learned from this thread:

Luke is not going to be a future assembly leader.
Matt's a good sport after all (to the tune of it's a small world)
Al has a keen sense of humor
Mark C does not use his laptop on the road.
Eulaha is not going to apologize.
Verne does not suffer from hippopotomonstrosequipedaliophobia (or was that on another thread).
Brent thought it was 'groundhog day' and poked his head out of hibernation before his 6 weeks were done.
and it's not over till the fat lady sings. (or did that already happen while I was offline).

Anything else.... al ??

M
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 10:37:14 am by MGov » Logged
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2003, 07:03:51 pm »

MGov - You have a keen sense of humor yourself! Grin
MGov

Email
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2003, 07:25:33 pm »

MGov - You have a keen sense of humor yourself! Grin

Thanks, Kimberley.  I'll take that as a compliment.  It's probably the 'age' thing.

M
Laurie

Email
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2003, 08:37:02 pm »

I've read this board for so long, but I can no longer keep quiet:
Eulaha:
Hi sweetie! You don't know me, but I feel like I know you. I was not involved in this cult and therefore am not a primary source of information. I did have a close friend involved and when she told me about the horrors she suffered at the hands of some of the assembly members, I knew I had to do a little more research into this. You are a strong woman, Eulaha. I've been keeping track of this thread especially and I want you to know that you have retained grace and dignity in your responses to some of the more hateful posters. You are right, it does appear that people are taking Luke's side. You are above that, however. He is simply not as strong as you and needs the extra support..

MGOV, MarkC, Al:
I can't believe some of your posts lately. You completely ignore that Eulaha is hurting! It doesn't  mean a thing to you that Eulaha is hurting and that she is being harrassed by Luke and Matt.  Eulaha had an excellent reason for starting this thread. She felt that Luke was holding on to some old quirky assembly beliefs and she started this thread solely to set that straight. The assembly is a scary thing, it must not be defended at any costs. That's exactly what Matt and Luke were doing on this thread and especially Matt was using intimidation to force Eulaha to see his point. He and Luke cannot possibly understand what Eulaha is going through: women were treated much worse in the assembly. They don't even know what they are talking about; they are a bunch of confused kids who think it's funny to torment this poor woman.

Luke and Matt:
Matt, I read your posts before you deleted them. Your apology must mean nothing to Eulaha, and it means nothing to me. It was the most  half-hearted attempt at an apology that i have every laid eyes on. And  you dare to think she should apologize? You two boys would do the world a favor if you just quietly slippped away and killed yourselves.

EVERYONE! STOP BEING AGAINST THE VICTIM! I don't think any males should respond to this post because none of them will understand the cruelties and torments that the women of this church suffered.  
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2003, 08:57:04 pm »

Laurie,

Thank you for saying what I could not say.  You are a blessing to me!

Eulaha
MGov

Email
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2003, 10:04:44 pm »

I'm not a male, so I will respond.

First of all, please understand that this is NOT about taking sides, but about finding healing for ALL.

Eulaha, I thought you'd understand about the joke.
However, please forgive me if I have contributed in any way to the hurt you have suffered.

Laurie, I don't know who you are, but you have no right to say what you did to Matt and Luke, especially the last sentence(I can't even bring myself to quote it).

The assembly system has hurt many. Those who have been hurt by it have the opportunity to find healing from the Lord, without having to destroy others who do not see eye to eye with you.  You do not need to become that which you despised in the system.

Eulaha, I would like to continue this communication on friendlier terms with you.

M
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 10:51:18 pm by MGov » Logged
psalm51

Email
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2003, 11:10:47 pm »

Having been a woman in the assembly for 27 years can I say with some authority that it is time to stop acting like victims?

Christ, the great Healer, is more than able to heal us of our assembly victimization/suffering.

Pitting the men against the women (ie. Luke vs. Eulala) seems pretty silly.  
Laurie

Email
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2003, 11:14:44 pm »

Having been a woman in the assembly for 27 years can I say with some authority that it is time to stop acting like victims?
Eulaha, don't be discouraged by this woman's insensitive approach. She may have had a completely different experience than you. You are justified in feeling hurt and more compassion needs to be shown on you from Luke, MGov, Pat Mathews, Matt, Al, and MarkC.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: