AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 02:42:11 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Geftakys and the Fruit of the Spirit  (Read 13657 times)
Bluejay

Email
« on: February 28, 2003, 04:22:56 am »

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness and self control.

So just how does this define Tim Geftakys:

Love:  Tim "loves" it when he doesn't have to hold a job and can still collect a paycheck!!!

Joy:  Tim was probably not very "joyful" when his crooked dad's ministry was exposed, and lost his only source of income.

Peace:  His house must be very "peaceful" when everyone else is at work and he can sit and home and do whatever it is that  he does.

Patience:  This one's on me...I have waited very patiently for you (Tim) to be exposed, and am thoroughly enjoying kicking you while you are down!  

Kindness:  Tim can be very kind to someone if he needs something

Goodness:  Tim's not only "good", but a great guy...And if you don't believe it, just ask him!!!

Faithfulness:  Tim has always been very "faithful" about not dieting...Just look at that "pot belly"!!!

Gentleness:  I am sure Tim was very delicate and gently shredded  any financial documents that would have exposed the illegal activity that he was involved in.

Self Control:  Tim showed a tremendous amount of "self control" when he decided not to report his sadistic brother.  I'm sure it just tore at him.

Tim - you are right up there with David Koresh and Jim Jones!!!
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 11:21:53 pm »

I am getting a kick out of this!!!!  Grin Cheesy Smiley Tongue Shocked Grin
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 01:40:55 am »

Geez--I take back what I said on another post
board about showing your anger. I think you
should be able to post how you feel, but enjoying
kicking someone while they are down is definitely
not a fruit of the Spirit. I'm sure Tim Geftakys has
done many wrong things, but what we should be
hoping and praying for is that he will repent and
acknowledge any sins, and learn from all of this.
I'm not trying to say you can't express yourself all
you want to, but remember one criteria as a Christian
is always to ask yourself "What would Jesus do in this situation?" I don't think you'd find Jesus in the crowd of people kicking Tim while he is down. He'd be exhorting and admonishing Tim, but for the sole purpose of bringing
him back to himself, not to drag him through the dirt.
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 01:40:58 am »

Im glad somebody is!!!
David Mauldin
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 02:40:39 am »

Bluejay mind if I ask you what your experience is  with TIM?
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 03:13:29 am »

Dave  - For a start, lets just say it was extremely unpleasant.... And thats putting it mildly.

Joe - never in my life have I kicked someone when they were down.  But to read on the website yesterday that he is up and preaching again makes me physically ill.  How ARROGANT can he possibly be to just assume that now that things are slowly starting to blow over that he should preach or assume some role of leadership.
He has no business giving guidance to anyone...He couldn't lead a fish to water.

Bluejay
Arthur
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2003, 03:26:44 am »

not a fruit of the Spirit. I'm sure Tim Geftakys has
done many wrong things, but what we should be
hoping and praying for is that he will repent and
acknowledge any sins, and learn from all of this.

Hmmm....I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for Tim.  I don't think Bluejay has said the half of it.  Tim is lucky that the people he made merchandise of are forgiving, merciful folk, else, well...I doubt Tim would be >able< to preach again.
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2003, 04:09:49 am »

Arthur - your right...I haven't said the half of it.....But I will!!!
Mark Kisla
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2003, 05:54:10 am »

I have not been around Tim in 17 years. Can anyone tell me if he has or has not become more Christ like ? Does his actions, speach and character reflect Christ and draw you closer to God ?
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2003, 06:27:14 am »

Blue Jay, Arthur----

I guess you would more personally know what Tim
geftakys is all about. I spoke with him a few times back
int he old Assembly days, but I lived in the Valley. I
don't know much about him---but I was just replying to
the sentence "I'm kicking you while your down and I'm
enjoying it"---I just can't picture Jesus when he was cleansing the Temple and whipping the moneychangers
having a smile on his face, and laughing with glee. I think he was more sad than anything, and angry at what the
people had turned his Father's house into. I believe he wants us to be vigilant, but not take joy in the fall of others-I'm not saying "feel sorry" for Tim but as Jesus said "Pray for them which spitefully abuse you"--"Pray for your enemies". You can be angry, but as others have pointed out to me on this BB, you can cross a line and enter into
viciousness which helps no one. If I'm wrong about this than perhaps you know better. I'm just stating an opinion.

Take Care,   Joe
Arthur
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2003, 04:38:18 pm »

but I was just replying to
the sentence "I'm kicking you while your down and I'm
enjoying it"---

Oh, I see.  But who said that?
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2003, 10:33:54 pm »

Arthur----

Look at Bluejay's post below where he lists love,
truth patience, etc.  Look at the Patience line
Patience: "This one's for me, I'm kicking you(Tim)
while you are down and I am thoroughly enjoying
it"---that's what I was repsonding to.

--Joe
4Him

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2003, 10:57:40 pm »

not a fruit of the Spirit.
I'm not trying to say you can't express yourself all
you want to, but remember one criteria as a Christian
is always to ask yourself "What would Jesus do in this situation?"

Joe,
Having examined the anonymous "Bluejay's" 25 posts (to date) it is apparent that he is in no way interested in "WWJD".  I'm sure he's been hurt but the answer is to turn to the great Healer, not to multiply sin.

Ro 12:19 - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
4Him

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2003, 11:14:25 pm »

Does anyone recall the fiery rhetoric of the Lord Jesus as he upbraided the hypcritical Pharisees? There is a scripturally warranted way to express righteous indignation and the Church needs to learn it! Read the imprecatory Psalms and wonder. The persistence of these men in their unspeakable folly simply means that the Church of Jesus Christ is not about its business!
Verne

Verne,

I very much agree with you that "There is a scripturally warranted way to express righteous indignation and the Church needs to learn it!" (see Mt 23).

However, if you mean to defend what Bluejay is doing as fitting into the category of Christlike "fiery rhetoric", I must disagree.

IMHO, what we are seeing from Bluejay is sarcasm, vindictiveness and no Scriptural support.  (If you can find it in any of his posts, please tell me.)  I'm going to pray for Bluejay.  He needs Christ!  Anger, fine, but sin not (Eph 4:26).

BTW - I think that Brent is right on the mark w/his most recently posted article, "Bewitched and Deceived".  I believe he has been a good example of Christlike anger.  He is not vindictive but addresses the evil scripturally.
retread

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2003, 11:34:14 pm »

IMHO, what we are seeing from Bluejay is sarcasm, vindictiveness and no Scriptural support

I don’t like that vindictiveness stuff, but sarcasm can sometimes be used to help even a thick headed person like me understand things for which I was lacking perspective.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: