AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 09:36:45 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Geftakys is a Fraud!!!  (Read 15621 times)
Bluejay

Email
« on: February 28, 2003, 01:55:39 am »

I see that "Dear  Brother Tim Geftakys"  is preaching again and is looking to take over the ministry.  After having the displeasure of having to deal with him, this is how I feel:

1.  Tim is an Ungodly man.  I have serious doubt about whether he truly believes in God.

2.  Tim is all about power.   Leading one of these groups is the only place where he could ever be in a position in leadership. His song and dance would last about 30 seconds in the working wolrd.

3. Tim is all about money He is just simply not intelligent enough to hold a job where he could kind of make the kind of money he is making now.

Tim - here is your warning...If I ever find out that you have either directly or indirectly effected anybody that I care about, I will expose you.  This website and its contents will be the absolute  least of your
 concerns.  

P.S. I've always thought that you would look really good in an orange jump suit.
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 07:29:35 am »

Please either say what you mean or stop with the empty allogations.

I am a former assemblyite 20 years... My wife and I met with T&G; we went to the two Thursday "open" meetings in Fullerton and I just got off the phone with him. I am NOT a big Tim Geftakys fan but I would like you to present your case openly or call Tim at 714-447-6909 and keep these posts objective.

If we get emotional or say we know something nobody else does and not share then some of us won't consider it the truth. I would prefer the truth.

Tim has preached one time (1) since the excommunication.
Tim is working, selling marketing and printing.
Tim says that he has been faithful to Ginger.

Again, let's be objective and develop a meaningful dialogue or shutup.

T
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 08:46:21 am »

Tony:

Congratulations on being a "assemblite" for twenty years.  

The Geftakys boys have caused terrible harm to thousands of people.  Their fraudulent and self serving ministries has screwed up the lives on many many people and you want me to shut up???   These are not allegations partner, this is simply the fact of the matter.  After the way he is treated people, you want me to be objective???

Tim preaching one time since the excommunication is one to many! It is absolutely ludicrous that he would have a forum to preach in.  It is ludicrous that anyone would listen to him - whats a matter with these people!!!

Tell him "congratulations" for finally finding full time work...Although if he is truly in sales and marketing, with his personality, he will starve.

I would rather eat broken glass than have a conversation with this evil man...

And to me, this is meaningful because I can finally get some things off my chest.  And if I'm a little emotional, I'm entitiled!!!

Oscar

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 11:45:39 am »

Bluejay,

Have you forgotten Matthew 18:15-18?

We have many hurtful dealings with other men.  Believe me, I know.  But if we set aside Christ's commands to deal with these things, how is our own behavior in any way morally superior to those who have hurt us?

Tom
vbeers

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 06:49:41 pm »

tony-

it isn't very nice to say "shutup".   Embarrassed
wolverine

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 06:50:57 pm »

Can I watch???

BluejayFan
vbeers

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 06:56:36 pm »

can you watch what???
Arthur
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 09:20:26 pm »

Quote from: Tom Maddux on February 27, 2003, 10:45:39 pm    
But if we set aside Christ's commands to deal with these things, how is our own behavior in any way morally superior to those who have hurt us?

LOL!  I don't think being "morally superior" was on Bluejay's mind when he said his bit about Tim.  I know I don't.  You guys ever see the film Pacific Heights?  Remember what they did to the character played by Michael Keaton?  They took some baseball bats and beat the snot out of him because he cheated them.
I would think that George and Tim should be shaking in their boots and looking over their shoulders after all this, 'cause who knows--there may have been a saint or two who was a Bruno with brass knuckles before he came under their spell and now is just itching to teach them a lesson that is long coming.  And I doubt "moral superiority" would be on his mind.  
David Mauldin
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2003, 10:42:44 pm »

Back in 1979 two guys pulled into the drive through dairy I worked at and stuck a gun in my face.  It was clear to me what they were about.   I wasn't debating in my mind if these guys were my friends. I wasn't spending hours upon hours in prayer questioning God  (Is this really your will?) They were honest about who they were and their intentions! "GIVE US THE MONEY OR YOU ARE DEAD!"  Yet when dealing with 'Frauds" like Tim It is a much more complex situatuion.  Tim and others, played on our best qualities to acomplish their own agendas.  With this in consideration I can understand the need you have to vent in such a way.    
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2003, 11:19:20 pm »

Ok, here are my two cents.....

Telling someone to "shutup" is absolutely rude and uncalled for.  We are all adults to some extent...let's act like adults! Angry

I have first hand knowlegde that Tim is a fraud.  He is a mean-spirited man that is power hungry.  I lived with him and his family.  I know things about him he never intended anyone to know.

Trying to stick up for him is your business, but don't try to discredit other people who called him a fraud!!!

Ok...that was my two cents...
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2003, 01:44:16 am »

Well said Eulaha!!!
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2003, 04:59:27 am »

I am going to take tomorrow off from this website as there are many college basketball games on TV  tomorrow.  Don't worry though, I'll come back rearing and ready to go on Sunday.

Tim Geftakys - don't work to hard this weekend...Oops..Thats kind of an oxymoron isn't it.

4Him

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2003, 05:03:48 am »

Please either say what you mean or stop with the empty allogations.
Again, let's be objective and develop a meaningful dialogue or shutup.

T

I am in 100% full agreement w/you Tony!  To the rest, please stop taking him out of context.

First Tony is not yelling, "Shut Up!"  He is simply standing for the need to handle things in a Christ honoring way.  How do we do that?  Act and speak and finally think like Him.  He is angry with the wicked every day, but he is clear and specific and open about why he is angry (see Mt 23).  He doesn't declare, "I feel..." and then go off on nebulous accusations and threats.  Mostly, He is "full of grace" (Jn 1:14) and "rich in mercy"(Eph 2:4.

Col 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

In the grace of God,
Your BIC, Tim (S.)
Oscar

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2003, 06:38:05 am »

I have it on very high authority that all men are sinners.  Including me....and you,(sisters too).

It is one thing to make vague accusations about so and so being a fraud/crook/snake/deciever/whateverelseyoucanthinkof.

It is quite another to say that in such and such a time at such and such a place Brother Joe Blow stole a certain amount of money or committed a certain immoral act.  AND that I know this is true because of this or that fact.

At least most of the folks on this thread are using their real names, as far as I can tell.

Non-specific accusations of wrongdoing by anonymous posters seem just a tad below the belt to me.

Now if anyone wishes to criticise me for "telling us to shut up", all I can say is you don't understand my real intent.

It would be a little closer to the mark to say that I think you, and I, should always speak the TRUTH in love.

I have some things to discuss with Tim myself.  But he will hear them from my mouth before you see them on the board.

God bless,
Thomas Maddux
Oscar

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2003, 12:00:23 am »

Quote from: Tom Maddux on February 27, 2003, 10:45:39 pm    
But if we set aside Christ's commands to deal with these things, how is our own behavior in any way morally superior to those who have hurt us?

LOL!  I don't think being "morally superior" was on Bluejay's mind when he said his bit about Tim.  I know I don't.  You guys ever see the film Pacific Heights?  Remember what they did to the character played by Michael Keaton?  They took some baseball bats and beat the snot out of him because he cheated them.
I would think that George and Tim should be shaking in their boots and looking over their shoulders after all this, 'cause who knows--there may have been a saint or two who was a Bruno with brass knuckles before he came under their spell and now is just itching to teach them a lesson that is long coming.  And I doubt "moral superiority" would be on his mind.  

Arthur,

I would have to differ with your comment that Bluejay is not claiming to hold a morally superior position.
If I say that lying is morally wrong, the value that truth telling is superior is implicit in my statment.  You simply cannot speak of right and wrong without the underlying assumption that "right" moral acts are superior to "wrong" moral acts.

Unless, of course you are a philosophical materialist/Postmodernist or such and are claiming that there is no such thing as right or wrong....but I have not seen that in anyone's posts yet.

When Bluejay condemns Tim Geftakys, he is claiming moral superiority, whether he realizes it or not.

God bless,

Thomas Maddux
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: