AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 09:50:31 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well Done!!  (Read 7275 times)
golden2

Email
« on: November 25, 2003, 10:04:27 pm »

Very nice indeed.  Lock me out so I can't post on your board.  You guys are like a cult or something...locking out people so they can't post on this board.

golden2

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 10:06:59 pm »

Isaiah 29
20  For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21  That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
22  Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale.
23  But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
24  They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
retread

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 10:56:10 pm »

Very nice indeed.  Lock me out so I can't post on your board.  You guys are like a cult or something...locking out people so they can't post on this board.

All around the bulletin board
The admin chased the weasel!
The posters thought 'twas all in fun
Pop goes the weasel!

Posting, posting, posting again
What is it with this weasel?
Lets hope that this is that last pop
We hear from this weasel!
enchilada
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 11:03:40 pm »

For golden2, here's a site for you: http://ptr.oupjournals.org/.  Please get help.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:05:41 pm by Dan Fredrickson » Logged
editor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 01:37:02 am »

Golden has demonsrated that he doesn't want to be a part of the discussion here.  While his statistics will be missed, they are available on the home page, by clicking under "more stats."

See ya!

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 02:50:56 am »

Well my yellow friend, your contribution here hardly qualifies as indispensable...I would be careful... Grin
Verne

Some people never learn... Huh

Golden has demonsrated that he doesn't want to be a part of the discussion here.  While his statistics will be missed, they are available on the home page, by clicking under "more stats."

See ya!

Brent

Wouldn't wanna be ya!

The Golden one is Gone!
But we are not forlorn
T'was a Quixotic quest
Trying to mess with the best
Now his tail and his ears have been shorn!
 Grin

Verne "Louis Stevenson"

p.s. I wonder who let that one out of the nursery...?!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 03:09:43 am by vernecarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 09:21:20 am »

See ya!

Brent
Thanks. It was getting tiresome reading Isaiah 29 over and over again.

Marcia
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 09:44:37 pm »

Not only was it getting tiresome reading Isiah 29; without even saying anything, we all knew the implied messages being conveyed by "Golden".  An assembly tactic that was fine tuned by those in leadership.  

Using scriptures to "bring you into line" or to make you feel "guilty" or in any way to influence your behavior to a "group mentality" form of thinking is the way cults work.  Does "he or she" think that this influences our thinking or behavior any longer? Roll Eyes  It is more infuriating than ever!  This is not the way Christ came.  In fact, the ones he came against were the Pharisees, the "religious" who had no compassion or real relationship with God, but who wanted to parade their "religiosity" before men.  Christ came with compassion and reached out to men and women.  He accepted them for who they were.  It was the "religious" that he condemned and repudiated.  

Take a look at your own life, Golden.  Go preach to those who want to hear you (the assembly hangers on).  I have peace in my life now, real joy!  How bout you?

Happy Thanksgiving all!  (ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS.........YEAH  Wink)
Oscar

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 10:49:11 pm »

Hi all,

I told you you ought to leave "Golden" alone".

Thomas Maddux
Exalted Windbag 3rd Class
vernecarty
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 02:22:58 am »

Hi all,

I told you you ought to leave "Golden" alone".

Thomas Maddux
Exalted Windbag 3rd Class

You were right Tom...you were right...
Verne
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 02:37:22 am »

Nah, Golden was good for a few laughs.

What's funny is he started off posting his stats thinking they actually meant something and we would know what he was trying to say.

Then after we started giving him a hard time he just started posting them randomly. He loved the attention.

Any bets on how long it will take him to start posting elsewhere?

Wonder when the next Troll will show up?

Scott
retread

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 09:59:44 am »

Wonder when the next Troll will show up?

Brent A. Tr0ckman 814
Arthur 574
vernecarty 447
jesusfreak -=Luke S=- 415
Retread Again 409
Mark C. 374
Marcia 361
Joe Sperling 343
Emily St 310
al Hartman 299
Total Posts by top 10 = 4346

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Grin

Hey, who are you calling a troll?

retread

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 10:22:12 am »

Nah, Golden was good for a few laughs.

Remember, silence is golden when golden is silenced.  Okay, I'll admit it, golden was good for a few laughs.  I suspect that we have not heard the last of him.

Any bets on how long it will take him to start posting elsewhere?

Before I place any bets, could you take a poll on how long others think this would take, and post some stats on the results.  Only meaningful stats need be posted  (I am looking for relevant information such as how greatly having a colorful name impacts the length of time people responded with).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: