AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 07:10:45 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What Ever Happened To...  (Read 13645 times)
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« on: September 14, 2003, 11:22:48 pm »

Does anyone have any information on the following people:

1. Rod and Barb Zach
2. Tim and Dawn Smith
3. Tamilla (George's former secretary)
4. Gary and Robyn Halverson
5. Donna St. Thomas
6. Danny and Kimber Edwards

?
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 03:22:11 am »

Eulaha:

1. Still in Fullerton, going to Assembly meetings

2. Last I heard, in Los Angeles, since Tim Smith is to be working at UCLA

3.  Living in the Fullerton Area but long gone from the assembly.

4.  Living in Brea, near Fullerton, visiting other places of worship but undecided about leaving as yet.

5.  Still in Fullerton, at the Assembly.

6.  According to what I've heard still living in San Luis Obispo (perhaps check with a SLO-ite for more details).

Matt
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 03:41:19 am »

I found this in a thread started by Danny Edwards:
Lord bless all of you, Danny Edwards

If you want to contact me the best way is to email me at tosetfree@sbcglobal.net

I don't know if it is still valid.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 08:50:18 am »

Hi Eulaha,

I see Tamilla Palmer frequently.  She attends the same adult sunday school class that Caryl and I do. (First Evangelical Free, Fullerton)  She is currently taking a missions class at our church.  We, Caryl and I, talk to her often.  

I was told last Sunday that Gary and Robin are attending First E. Free, La Mirada.   Good for them.

Gary, by the way, apologized to me for shunning me.  So far, he is the only one.  Let's see, that leaves about 800 or so.  Guess I'll go sit by the phone.  Wink

God bless,

Thomas Maddux
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 10:56:39 am »

Eulaha,

Danny and his family are still living in SLO and are involved at Grace Church.  Danny has gone back into the framing business.  I have not spoken to him since April.

Jack
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 03:10:11 am »

I imagine it must be difficult for the former "full-time" workers to go back to work once again, especially after living off of us for so many years.  But who am I, but a humble college student? Wink
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 04:01:29 am »

What ever happened to:

A. Greg and Marcie Holder (and adopted children)?
B. Bob and Carol Anderson?
C. Keri (Fullerton)?
D. Mike Biddle, Marc Biddle?
E. Luis Vega?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
outdeep

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 05:46:00 pm »

Bob and Carol Anderson:

Moved to Blowing Rock, NC (20 minutes from me) for about a month to take over his brother's house.  Due to things not working out job wise, just moved back to Huntington Beach.

-Dave
brian

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 11:35:43 pm »

Moved to Blowing Rock, NC (20 minutes from me) for about a month to take over his brother's house.

note: NOT 'his brothers house'  Grin

brian
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2003, 07:23:42 am »

Eulaha,

The Biddles are living in La Jolla, (Mike with his parents and Marc with his sister).  Every couple of months we talk on the phone.  I had a great visit with them in La Jolla in February.

The Holders bought a home in Spokane.  The assembly disbanded.

Louis Vega has stated that he does not want any contact with anyone from the assembly.  Can't blame him.

Jack
mithrandir
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2003, 12:39:21 am »

Whatever happened to Danny Irons?  How about Keren Irons?  Is there any way to contact them?  I always liked Danny, and would like to say hi and find out how he's doing.

Clarence Thompson
outdeep

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2003, 01:21:01 am »

Danny Irons is in Bend, Oregon doing construction.
Keren Irons is in Hawaii, married with kids.
Lee Irons was (I assume still is) a pastor in the San Fernando Valley

Go on www.geftakysassembly.com to get Steve Iron's e-mail.  He would know best where they are.  Lee is easiest to find via a Yahoo/Google search as he writes much (even spoke in a conference with Os Guinness.  Quite impressive).

-Dave
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2003, 02:55:50 am »

I'm trying to get hold of Zeke Yarblonski, a member of the Assembly back in 1978 or so. He was a rapidly balding, obese, short brother with a serious skin condition. He was known for always wearing red socks, no matter what color suit he had on. He did not use deodorant and he spoke with a lisp. Does anyone remember him? He is the only brother of which I got into a physical altercation and I wanted to apologize.

We had a fist fight before Sunday Worship one morning and I wound up tearing his new suit. He kicked me rather hard and then took my new Oxford Bible and ran down the street. He did not attend any services after that. I would really like to get that Bible back if I could. If anyone has any information please post it.

Thanks.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2003, 01:28:01 pm »

I'm trying to get hold of Zeke Yarblonski, a member of the Assembly back in 1978 or so. He was a rapidly balding, obese, short brother with a serious skin condition. He was known for always wearing red socks, no matter what color suit he had on. He did not use deodorant and he spoke with a lisp. Does anyone remember him? He is the only brother of which I got into a physical altercation and I wanted to apologize.

We had a fist fight before Sunday Worship one morning and I wound up tearing his new suit. He kicked me rather hard and then took my new Oxford Bible and ran down the street. He did not attend any services after that. I would really like to get that Bible back if I could. If anyone has any information please post it.

Thanks.

Joe,

I am very sorry to be the one to have to tell you this, but I don't think you will ever see that Bible again.

You see, Zeke was arrested about an hour after the fight.  He had broken into to the Fullerton Park Dept. maintenence yard.  The neighbors heard a tree chipper running on Sunday morning and called the police.  (you know how loud they are)  

Anyway, he was observed throwing an object into the chipper.  He refused to tell them what it was, so samples of the black and white pulp were taken, and sent to the FBI laboratory in San Francisco, CA.

It was determined that the pulp contained both wood products and animal tissue.  So he was charged with conspiracy to dispose of dead animal tissue in a public landfill.

Prior to the Carter administration, this had been punished by a fine of $50 dollars.  But as you know, the Carter administration federalized many crimes and therefore he was tried in federal court, convicted, and served 5 years in the Federal Penitentiary at Leavenworth Kansas.

I ran into Mona Nucleosi in a grocery store in Anaheim in 1985.  She and Zeke had done some unauthorized "spending time" before YOU horned in on her.  (If I recall correctly, that's what the fight was about.

Anyway, she told me that she and Zeke used to write while he was in prison.  She said that in almost every letter he said something about "getting even" with that Joe Sperling.

As you know, the Yarblonsk's have ties to the Polish Mafia....so you had better keep your eyes open.

Thomas Maddux
M2
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2003, 08:55:07 am »

The last I'd heard, Zeke had fled north.
He changed his name to Zac or something like that.
You wouldn't recognize him though, he's abandonned the red socks (too loud), lost a lot of weight (prison food you Know), and last but not least he's donned a toupee (grey).
So good luck Joe in your search for Zeke aka Zac aka ...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: