AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 02:57:59 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UP & COMING SEMINARS  (Read 10832 times)
freebird

Email
« on: February 03, 2003, 02:37:33 am »

UP & COMING SEMINARS

Please make recommendations for the following:

*Seminar Title
*Lecture Titles
*Guest Lecturers
*Crowd Control Measures
*Seating Arrangements
*Scheduling of Meetings
*Review Techniques
*Any Other Important Point That Must Be Made

Note:  This is serious.  You do want a good time, don't you?

Remember, this is your chance to make a difference!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2003, 02:42:44 am by FREEBIRD (Garth) » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 02:48:04 am »

Um..yeah, and we're meeting at my house.  Or was it Taco Bell?  Praise the Lord dear friends, let us eat another glorious gordita, shall we? Waddya say?!
freebird

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 02:49:53 am »

How about...."Think and Grow Rich"?

We'll just let GG preach at that one.
freebird

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 03:04:45 am »

Testimony to Georgie

Lecture #1   The Lodge

SUBJECT:  The lodge has special vision that no other group has.  Be faithful to the Lodgemasters or loose your key to the Lodge.

Lecture #2   The Vision of the Lodge

SUBJECT:  The lodge has special vision that no other group has.  Be faithful to the Lodgemasters or loose your key to the Lodge.

Lecture #3    The Stewardship of the Vision of the Lodge

Lecture #4   The Lodge Center

Lecture #5   The Authority of the Lodge

Lecture #6   The Lodge's Covering

Lecture #7    The Glory of the Lodge

...and yes, all the lectures say the same thing, just scrambled a bit.  Some things shouldn't change!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2003, 03:07:03 am by FREEBIRD (Garth) » Logged
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2003, 03:10:34 am »

I was wondering what people in the midwest are going to do Memorial Day?

Indy 500 anyone HuhHuhHuh?
Arthur
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2003, 10:34:52 am »

Hey, that outline is almost worthy of the great GG himself.  Hey, why wait for memorial day.  Today is Groundhog's Day! If we see George come out of his hole, then it will be winter for another month.

freebird

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 09:04:50 am »

Do you all remember this one?..........

Getting Back, Perils, and Snoring
H

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 09:22:47 pm »

Testimony to Georgie

Lecture #1   The Lodge

Lecture #2   The Vision of the Lodge

Lecture #3    The Stewardship of the Vision of the Lodge

Lecture #4   The Lodge Center

Lecture #5   The Authority of the Lodge

Lecture #6   The Lodge's Covering

Lecture #7    The Glory of the Lodge

...and yes, all the lectures say the same thing, just scrambled a bit.  Some things shouldn't change!

Dear Garth,

I think you deserve some sort of special prize for this post. It is absolutely hilarious!!!  Grin
Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

"A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine."
Prov. 17:22  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 05:17:58 pm by H » Logged
Susan McCarthy

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 09:26:24 pm »

Since I'll be writing my Ph.D. dissertation in a year or two, I thought of a title,  "Dogma, Discipline, and Onward"

How's that?- I couldn't resist.
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 09:53:52 pm »

Susan --

you don't need a PHD.  Just a couple of philosophy classes, and then be sure to tell us over and over and over that you "could have" had your PhD, but you gave it up for God.

That'll qualify you!!!!
Susan McCarthy

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 11:17:58 pm »

Ken,

You are hilarious.  Oops, I never got permission from anyone to apply!!  :-)
freebird

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2003, 11:41:41 pm »

Here is a seminar in construction Grin:

The 7th Day:  A Higher Knowledge

Lecture #1   A New Beginning

(GG will recreate creation in such a way that no one will even care to question him)

Lecture #2   A New Rest

(GG will redefine "rest" to mean "sacrifice yourself and family for GG's ministry"

Lecture #3   The Importance of the 7th Day

(actually this is more focused on the unimportance of others interpretations.  GG will publically ridicule any dissenting opinions)

Lecture #4   The Eternal Purpose

This will make absolutely no sense to any clear thinking individual.  BUT, DON't WALK OUT.....YOU MIGHT STILL GET A BLESSING!)

Lecture #5   The Semi-Eternal Purpose

(Here is the real scoop.......Serve the temporal needs of GG)

Lecture #6   The Eternal 7th Day

(This should really provide great hope to all.  The Lodge experience will never end Cry)

Lecture #7   The Glory of the 7th Day Laborers

(Just think, in the glory, you will have this testimony..........You served GG, you shunned other Christians, you were full of spiritual pride, you scared many away from the Lord.  WOW!)

And remember this is all free!  But of course all your offerings already paid for it 100 times over.  But let's not bring that up!  

« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 11:46:55 pm by FREEBIRD (Garth) » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2003, 11:48:22 pm »

Yes brother.  Your wallets are safe here.  Tongue
outdeep

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 12:07:38 am »

Having been familiar with the Assembly since 1978, I am familiar with most of the things that happened.  However, this "7th day" refererence seemed to have happened after I left.  Could someone fill me in as to what George was teaching regarding the 7th day of creation?
freebird

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 12:19:33 am »

Dave,

I missed it as well, but I am told that GG started teaching that man was made on the 7th day of creation.  To me, this is a heretical teaching.  It totally warps the New Testament rest.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: