AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 08:29:45 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Site and BB Comments  (Read 7110 times)
buzz

Email
« on: December 01, 2002, 01:00:11 am »

editor, I think you should make the links to the bulletin board from the main framed web page open up in a new window rather than having them in the frame.

Also, perhaps a new forum should be added to the General Discussion called Web Site and Bulletin Board Comments.

Buzz
editor
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 04:06:23 am »

Consider it done, RE having it open in a new window. I have it set up that way under my favorites folder, but some people may not know how to do this?

editor
Margaret

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 09:31:28 am »

There's a bunch of new articles on the GA.com website, and some FREE Christian music CDs are available on a first-come-first-serve basis, thanks to Brad Mathias!

The article "Assembly Weddings" deals with a question that's been raised about the legality of Assembly marriages.  Probably not too much cause for worry, but everyone who was married in the Assemblies should read it.

The Editor

M2
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 10:42:56 am »

There's a bunch of new articles on the GA.com website, and some FREE Christian music CDs are available on a first-come-first-serve basis, thanks to Brad Mathias!

The article "Assembly Weddings" deals with a question that's been raised about the legality of Assembly marriages.  Probably not too much cause for worry, but everyone who was married in the Assemblies should read it.

The Editor

All the new articles are excellent and relevant, Margaret.

Music, especially worship music, is uplifting and helps tremendously in the healing process.  We had missed a few Sundays, because we were away in Toronto in the time surrounding my Dad's death.  It was wonderful to be back for Sunday worship this past Sunday.

Re. Assembly Marriages in Canada. the marriage had to be legalized before the ceremonial assembly service happened.  All Canadian assembly marriages are legal.

The italicized portion below is a quote from:
http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Articles/TeachingPractice/Apology.htm

Apologies are incomplete among Assembly people.

When we come to injuries sustained in the Assembly, we're practically on another planet of emotional intensity. Serious measures are needed to communicate about these issues and insure that the other person knows we understand the depth of the wounds, and are truly and deeply repentant. Sincere apology does help to heal wounds.

Even though several years have passed since the Assembly movement largely disbanded, there is still a need for meaningful apologies among us. Most importantly, it has come to my attention that appropriate apologies still have not been made to Judy Geftakys, and Rachel, David Michael, or Rebecca by former Assembly leaders. The same holds true for "Kristin" and Bill and Joyce Hines, and many others.

I hope at this point there might be at least a few former leaders who have decompressed somewhat from the trauma of the collapse of the ministry, and now are truly sorry for things they have done or failed to do. I hope that raising the issue again of the need for apologies, and some practical information on how to go about it, might help these people do the right thing now. Lest there be any doubt, continued silence on the part of former leaders at this point will be construed as speaking volumes about their character.

The local leaders here have not yet apologized to Delila and to others, whom I will not name since they have not publicized their stories.
"Sincere apology does help to heal wounds." - on both sides, the abused and the abusers.

Marcia
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 05:30:50 pm by Marcia » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 05:20:21 pm »

All the new articles are excellent and relevant, Margaret.

Apologies are incomplete among Assembly people.

Marcia

This ought not to surprise anyone. There have always been two broad general viewpoints on what took place in the assemblies, one being that they were not all that bad, that the leading brothers have for the most part been unfairly and unjustly indicted for the offenses that ocurred, and that those who were injured have really no one but themselves to blame. While those espousing this view range from displaying profound contempt and derision to dismissive and uncaring ridicule of the other viewpoint, (that leadership Biblically and morally bears full responsibility for what happened), all who think this way in my view have completely failed to grasp the extent of the damage that was inflicted, both spiritually and otherwise.
The refusal to make even the slightest attempt to make things right on the part of some of the major players remains one of the most astonishing things about assembly history. The explanation is plainly given in our Bibles.
Verne

p.s. I heard that David Geftakys' attempt at self-reformation has come to an ignominious end...the future of every un-repentant sinner will confirm the promises of God's Word...

p.p.s

But if I have done something that has deeply effected a persons life, that is major damage. In self defense, their heart is closed to me. I must give time to understanding the damage my words or actions have caused, and how the person feels about it, before I will be able to offer a meaningful and empathetic apology.

Great insight from Margaret's article on apologies. I think all the former leading brothers would be helped by thinking about this principle...if they care....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:09:46 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
Margaret

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 08:11:38 am »

On another topic, but still related to ga.com--

A review of Remedy Drive is needed on the website, to make information available to their fans about their background, etc. To that end, I need to listen to their music....but I don't have any. Would anyone be willing to donate or lend us Remedy's CDs?? Thanks.   

Margaret
Mercy4Me

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 04:34:38 am »

p.s. I heard that David Geftakys' attempt at self-reformation has come to an ignominious end...the future of every un-repentant sinner will confirm the promises of God's Word...

Verne and all:
What exactly has happened to David G? Is this recent information?
Mercy4Me
Margaret

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 01:39:30 am »

Can't seem to find the teen site, BuildingUp.net, lately. Does anyone know if it's still up and running?

PS - Still don't have any Remedy CDs.....Anybody have some you would lend or donate?
Joseph Reisinger

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 01:46:39 am »

Margaret,
hey, I let the renewal lapse for the site, mostly due to lack of interest, and lack of money.  It was fun while it lasted. 
Joseph
Margaret

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 08:21:20 am »

Re. Remedy, I've seen the lyrics for three of their four albums on their website. I would also like to hear more of the songs than the 4 or 5 you can hear on the site, and see the lyrics from the fourth album.  Margaret
Margaret

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 08:23:54 am »

Re. BuildingUp, Joseph, I am thinking of starting an Archive section on GA.com for pictures, and scans of original documents. Would you be interested in having the pix from BuildingUp saved there?  Margaret
Joseph Reisinger

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 03:32:51 am »

I'd be glad to have the pics there..... if I could find them.  See, though I hosted the site, I did not administrate it, and so I wasn't the one who put all of the content up.  If you want the pictures, you would have to talk to Luke Sturnfield.  I'm not sure where his email address is, but if I find it, I'll let you know.
Margaret

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 04:11:21 am »

Okay, Joseph, that would be great if it works out. Do you think Luke's email adddress might be on the Members list here (if you know screen name)? Hope things are going well for you.  --Margaret
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 09:52:40 am »

These used to be listed on the BB:

Luke            Sturnfield      lucas@buildingup.net
Luke            Sturnfield      lucas@sturnfield.com

The first, at least, is probably no longer valid.

I just noticed that he has another BB going:

http://www.forceboy.com/

Only a month's worth of posts, and all are by Luke.
You might try posting there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: