AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 12:16:57 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: The Appearance of Evil  (Read 27300 times)
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2003, 11:53:06 pm »

Ken, Unfortunately the work is not over. If you remember there was a huge falling away in the mid-eighties. George hunkered down and rebuilt. Many of the issues then are issues now.

Granted we have the web now and granted George and David have made serious tactical blunders, but I do not believe for a second that they have given up.

I do not believe there should be any let up on the pressure to bring and end to this ministry. It will rise again.

Scott

PS - Kim: U R THE BOMB!
brad

Email
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2003, 12:05:41 am »

Scott and Ken and Kim,

Many, Many facts were distorted and twisted within the preaching of Georges minestry...from year to year his doctrine experienced many "refinements". This consistent inconsistency is only noted from a distance...obviously there is great concern by the "establishment" of others getting this drift. It would undermine the validity of any current leaders who want to continue after the recent revelations...and it would prevent another Geftackys from emerging as leader..Post facto.

My question is regarding Betty....I loved that woman, she was my surrogate Grandmother...I kept in deep contact with her for many years after I left the assembly. My experiences with her were very diffrent than most for sure, but somewhere in all of this she has been devastated. Her personality is to protect and promote what she "fears' and obviously her couseling was her "adaptation" to living with George for that long....she had to convince not only Ken or others to live the "Assembly" way, she had to re-convince herself...every time.

I grieve for her, and hope that her story might come out eventually. I am not defending her or suggesting she is innocent, but just wondering out loud....she helped me much in my younger years and never pressured me to come back to the Assembly. THATS RIGHT....NEVER PRESSURED ME TO COME BACK.

Food for though...

B.
psalm51

Email
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2003, 01:53:16 am »

We can only conjecture on what kind of difficult life BG had with such a husband as GG.  To Brad, I would say that your experience differs quite a bit from the experience of many of the sisters in the assemblies.
Arthur
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2003, 02:51:05 am »

I'm thinking it was more of Bill-Hillary relationship.  They both tolerated staying together to keep up appearances so that they could obtain what they wanted.  

For George,
He got his fame - preaching before an auditorium full of people, traveling around the world as if he was a real missionary, teaching summer school, etc.
He got his power - he was in absolute control of all the assemblies and exercised great control in people's lives (especially the workers)
He got his sex - a sister here, a secretary there.  Was that before or after shouting into his pillow and being almost raptured from the glorious "heavenly vision" that God was giving to him?  Hard to see how he had time after laboring so much preparing fresh meals for us from the "kitchen of heaven".  I guess he had his helpers.
He got his money - continual flow of 10% of hundreds if not thousands of people's pay check as well as special gifts, including people's inheritances, etc.

For Betty,
She got her servants waiting on her hand and foot.
She got her special diets that she so craved.  Wha?  Was that the demons talking?
She got to be manipulative and influence people's lives, even her husband's and two grown sons.  They both in their forties and fifties were getting money from mom!  And, they regularly talked with their parents for advice and, at least in David's case, to get them out of jams.  Real manly men, they were.  She told people to get married or to not get married (demons talking again?), what they could or couldn't wear, how to behave and not to behave.

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.  Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!  Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?  And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.  Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?  Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.  And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.  And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.  Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.  Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.  Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.  Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?  Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:  That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 02:57:59 am by Arthur » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2003, 02:56:56 am »

Brad,

First of all, I'm sorry you feel so bad about Betty. Second of all, if you don't have a copy of Rachel and Judy's story (I think you may have signed on after they were pulled) GET ONE. TONIGHT.

Rachel has a unique perspective on her grandmother's influence. Kind of a power behind the the throne deal.

Scott
editor
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2003, 03:07:15 am »

Excuse me,   Angry

Rachel and Judy's stories were not, and are not, nor will be PULLED!

They are still on the main page, and will remain there until they ask me to take them down!  

Brent
editor
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2003, 03:19:39 am »

Arthur and others:

Arthur, you are absolutely right on.  It's Bill-Hillary 101, except that Bill made it to the white house.  Hopefully, George will visit the Big House.

Also,  Betty is responsible for devouring many people's lives.  

If anything is to continue, it must do so without one trace of George and Betty left.  This is going to be almost impossible, because all of the leaders were handpicked by them?  

Anyone out there think the lottery is good odds?

Brent
brad

Email
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2003, 03:43:17 am »

Whoa !!!  Shocked

Hold your horses ladies and gentlemen...I am in NO WAY advocating the GG and BG lifestyle. I am not supporting their leadership... I LEFT A LONG TIME AGO.

My simple point which shot off major personal messages... is simply this. Betty is a person, one who must be deeply hurt and pained by her husbands unfaithfulness and unfathomably so after so many years of supporting him and his minestry. I am not claiming to know all or understand all, rather to give of my personal experiences.

The fact remains, Betty did not discourage me from leaving in 1988 and in fact continued to support me and my decisions for many years to come... Huh  What that actually means I don't dare presume to know.

Of all the people on this web site, I would have to believe very few of you besides Judy or Rachel shared this relationship and know enough to make comments. I have read their statements and story ( thanks Brent and Scott) and it made me sick....Betty has some serious answering to do...and I am frankly in shock...Judy and Rachel...I have no rational or appropriate "christian" words to use right now...so I will refrain from further comment on that... but rest assured my heart hurts to read of your years of abuse and fear...I wish I could hug you both and make it all fade into distant memories... Cry

In closing...something is NOT adding up here and we may never know until the great day to come. One doesn't act with such bi-polar behaviour and remain mentally sound...Betty and George must have some serious DISASSOCIATION pathology and need some major help.

My apologies to any who were hurt or decieved by Betty and her minestry I am not defending her or George....I am sure my mother will be calling me soon to set my account straight as well. But, the power of GOD's grace in my own life, the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the forgiveness of my family have lead me to let GOD judge the intent of the heart and to cut others some serious slack. I fear to think of what my life would look like on this bulletin board....

Peace.
David Mauldin
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2003, 04:56:44 am »

My take on Betty, She was messed around by this dude early on in their relationship.  I try to imagine her a young woman at BIOLA hopeing to become a happy contented Christian woman/mother.  Look what she ended up with?
no doubt within their marriage  she was to "Blame" for all of the problems.  One could argue "She should have stood up to him!"  Maby she did and got beat for it!?  now realize that in her generation how difficult it would be for a Christian to leave her husband?   What I'll remember most about Betty is her "Liberty" to attend one meeting a month and "be the most Godly" woman in the assembly!
Arthur
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2003, 05:08:52 am »

Hmm...good point David.  I remember seeing the pictures of them in their early twenties.  It was on a collage made for their 50th wedding anniversary by the saints.  The "Year of Jubilee", heh.  They looked like nice young kids.  I can't help but wonder how a person can become so corrupt.  Who knows what Betty really was like before she met George, before he started cheating on her, before all this assembly thing, etc.  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: