AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 05:47:48 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: The Appearance of Evil  (Read 27297 times)
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2002, 12:14:33 am »

Hi Everyone,

<<Was this without effect?  Are people being extorted/threatened???

You need to remember that while in the assembly there was excessive control.  When someone leaves, who then starts talking or who has the potential to cause "damage", that one is often warned not to talk to anyone.  After being under such control, most people will not talk.

As to being threatened, I know of one case where a LB told me that the three LB's had to go to this man's house and tell him; "If you don't stop talking to the saints, we will come back."  From what I know, there have been a number of implied threats of this nature.

As to the appearance of evil; I worked for a LB and another member of the assembly.  I and another employee "left fellowship" on October 9-10, 2002.  Today we were "laid off".  This is a consistent policy in the assembly.  But, I am truly free of their influences now!

The Lord bless you,

Eric
Rachel

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2002, 12:19:12 am »

Eric,

Your boldness in light of your job situation is wonderful and couragous.  I hope you find another job soon.  I think you would agree that almost any job would be better then continuing to work for a LB after you have left fellowship.

Keep up the good work of telling the truth.
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2002, 11:51:35 am »

Rachel,

Yes, I believe just about any job is better than working with the Big Potato.  I wonder, do you think they prayed for my job situation at the prayer meeting tonight?  Grin
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2002, 12:18:24 pm »

Eric - I doubt very seriously that it was even discussed.  If anything, the LB who laid us off probably pompously got up and with great ceremony, said something like this, "You know saints how I have always come before you with major decisions in my life; jobs, where so and so would attend school, etc., we NEEEEED your prayers!  The enemy is at work and is attacking our business.  Please pray for the other brother (who owns the business with this LB) and I, for wisdom, the Lord's guidance, his blessing" ad nauseum!  Do you think he asked the saints to pray for their decision about putting out of work a dear brother in Christ who had a family (wife and child) to support and another dear sister who is putting her children through private school with her job?  I can unequivocally say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! Tongue  (And yes Brian, I meant to yell)

I am so glad to be delivered from the Assembly, the bondage, the depression, the unfruitfulness (I could go on &  on!)  Now.........I LOVE LIFE!  I am free in Christ!  He has done everything!  I have a new marriage, a new family.  There is meaning in life, not just plodding from one meeting (and responsibility) to the next with no time for meaningful interactions or relationships (particularly those of immediate family).

There is healing after the Assembly!  This website is a tremendous forum for those of us who need to process the toxic waste that has accumulated in our lives from being involved with the Assembly for most of our adult lives.  I would like to see more people become involved so that those who are lurking out there will see it is not just "a fanatic few".
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 06:58:22 pm by Kimberley Tobin » Logged
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2002, 11:33:34 am »

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...Kimberley and I were "laid off" on Thursday, December 5th.  A current assembly member, upon hearing about it, wants to speak to the Big Potato and his servant on Friday after the tape study.  They agree.  Immediately after the tape study, the Big 3 and BP's servant get up and leave to meet privately.  The assembly member is told, "maybe we can get together tomorrow or some other day."

A question; why do they have to discuss this situation first?  If they had any backbone, they could own up to their decision.  But, noooo...they have to meet together!  Huh

Here's another example to all you current assembly members of how the truth has to be twisted to meet the devices of the assembly.  I'm sure the character assassination will begin here in one form or another.

Lord bless you,

Eric
Terry L Huffman

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2002, 07:57:29 pm »

Hello everyone:
It sounds like the leadership is isolating the questioner. The first step in damage control has been taken. This might weaken the resolve of the questioner, as well.There must have been lots of damage control experience in Geo's background(even before his Poppa God days) so he is an able teacher to the LBs.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2002, 08:28:07 pm »

As we all know who have been in the Assembly for any length of time, this morning's ministry is going to be all about damage control.  I hypothesize that perhaps even the big potatoe will take the whole morning (rather than two or three brothers getting up to preach) or perhaps he will only allow one other brother.  This morning is so important to lay the foundation for damage control.  I am sure this is where the character assassination will begin.  However, God is bigger than the big potatoe.  "We love you Big Potatoe!" Wink  (He'll know what this means-we all know he's monitoring this board!)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2002, 08:44:43 pm by Kimberley Tobin » Logged
trockman

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2002, 08:52:16 pm »

Hi Kimberly and Eric!

I know you guys can't quite believe that they fired you both.  Then of course, you both knew it would happen.  Intellectually you understand, but it is very hard to deal with emotionally, because these people were "friends that stick closer than a brother," and a "family of life and light," and "the community of the redeemed," etc.

I know how you guys feel, the day after I announced I was going to Calvary Chapel, the person who worked for me for 7 and a half years quit!  She did this on the same day we were having a going away party for another employee, who was moving.

She lied to my face about her reason for quitting.  She knew it, and I knew it.  Even though I wasn't surprised, it still hurt to realize that in the final analysis, I meant nothing to her, even though I literally saved her life a few years before.  (I guess since it was God working through me to save her life I don't deserve any thanks or loyalty, that's OK with me.)

Anyhow, I know you just can't believe it, but look at it this way, now at least you are dealing in reality. Before, it was nothing but a contrived role playing game.

God will take care of you, and you will end up seeing this as a blessing all the way round..

Brent
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2002, 02:14:12 am »

However, God is bigger than the big potatoe.  "We love you Big Potatoe!" Wink  (He'll know what this means-we all know he's monitoring this board!)

I posted this earlier this morning.  I have been trying to decide whether to let you all in on my last conversation with the Big Potatoe and his partner (these were two of my dearest friends before choosing to fellowship at the worldly church.!)  I have decided to take the plunge.  Now everyone can see and judge for themselves:

In delivering my final check, the date was wrong.  I called and informed them, that I would be coming in to pick up a revised check with the corrected date.  Upon entering the office, who do I see but Eric's and my's replacement sitting at Eric's desk working.

So I enter the Big Potatoe's office (his partner is standing in his office, as well) and say, "So....our positions were eliminated?  Is that why she's out there working?"  His partner responds, rather nervously, "That's right, we're reorganizing the company and completely changing the way we do things."  I said to the Big (water) Potatoe, "We've been friends for fifteen years, this is the way you treat your friends (pause) by laying them off?"  He was reclining in his chair with his hands tucked behind his neck, elbows sticking out to the side with a huge grin on his face.  Cool His face revealed more than he knew!  His only response, "We love you Kimberley," said with great emphasis!  I was dumbfounded!  I replied, "(his real name), words are cheap, love is an action.  Would you say laying off your friends is a loving action?"  He replied, "We love you Kimberley!"  This, said with the same zeal as the first.  Again, I was shocked! Shocked  Turning to his partner I said, "would you say that love is an action?"  Again, he nervously responded, stammering, "uh, uh, yes I would agree with you that love is an action."  So I asked him, "would you say that laying off your two friends is an action of love?"  He would not respond.  Turning to the Big Pototoe, I asked again, "is laying off your friends the action of love?"  He just looked at me with that same cheshire grin!  He would not respond!  I said, "you won't even respond?"  His response again was, "we love you Kimberley!"  He must have said, "we love you Kimberley" 5-7 times!  He WOULD NOT SAY ANYTHING ELSE!  I was so exasperated at this point, I left by saying, "We'll pray for both of you." Roll Eyes  Here is where he finally broke his code of silence and responded, with mock sincerity, "thank you so much." Tongue  I turned on my heels and shaking the dust off my feet, left their office.  

You who are still in the Assembly, judge for yourselves and beware, this could be you if you so choose to follow your Lord.
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2002, 04:41:02 am »

Hi Everyone,

Before I start on my analogy,for those who don't know Diotrephes, you don't know Diotrephes!  Diotrephes (aka "The Big Potato") can smile with steel cold eyes.  If you're in the assembly, look in his eyes when he says; "I'm sorry."  You'll find a different song there.

Eric
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2002, 04:46:26 am »

Hi Everyone,

I believe there is some confusion regarding the big potato.  I was made aware of these issues as a result of various conversations I had.  There seems to be some confusion also with history.  To understand these things, one needs only to look at the plant kingdom for examples.  Therefore I need to start from the beginning…

In the beginning there was Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head.  (Please note:  Their egos are representative by the size of their heads to their bodies.)  These begat sons and daughters, but probably mostly sons.  These little potato’s went out into the fields.  Some became big potatos.

Now for the history lesson.  In Rome, he is called the Pope.  In Mexico he is called Papa.  Papa in Spanish also means “Potato”.  Hence the reference above.  The difference is that the assembly produces “Big Papas”.

In the valley there is a big potato and a servant (these two work together).  The big potato has a peanut as a puppet.  As we all know peanuts are neither nuts nor peas (neither leaders nor shepherds) and they grow underground, hence their head is in the dirt.  Peanuts are also known as Monkeynuts.  This is probably more appropriate in some cases as the leaders are both monkeys (they mimic their Leader) and nuts (no explanation needed).  There is a third who is a lot like a jumping bean.  At least if you say something that convicts him, he’ll jump all over you.

I hope this clears up some misconceptions.

(Note: The peanut plant self-pollinates.  Another interesting analogy since the Leader pollinates himself into the various assemblies.  What you do see is God is not doing the work!
Also, the pea is not a peanut and the peanut is not a pea.  They are both legumes.  The counterfeit presumes to be something they are not.)
Terry L Huffman

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2002, 05:45:46 am »

Now it's all clear. Thanks! ?? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
                                       Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2002, 09:27:03 am »

Terry,

Nice use of smiles.  I "commend" you to office of Overcomer.  Grin

Eric
trockman

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2002, 10:39:57 am »

Eric

I know the editor and the global moderator very well, and they are the only ones who can give overcomer status.  Not only that, if someone does overcome, the bar will be raised at the first misspelling, or improper smilie usage, and they will be dropped to Senoir member. (oops, I mispelled, twice)

If you people only had the capacity to understand these things! Cry

Well, I didn't ask for this job. Sometimes, I'll be up here, and I look out at you all, and I say, "What am I doing here?"  Only God could make me be here with all of you.  Grin

Do you feel better? Send cash,

Brent (in tight with editor...mind your P's and Q's
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2002, 10:51:55 am »

Hi Everyone,

I found an old tape from a single's meeting that Betty gave in 1989.  Whoa!  Shocked  In two minutes, she crossed the boundary twice.

1.  "Friendship is not about emotions or the other person, it's about a goal you're seeking together."

2.  "First there's friendship, then there's the engagement.  When you're engaged, the friendship is no longer involved.  You now show the other how great you are."

Sounds like great advice to me!  Sad  Cry

Eric
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: