AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 04:22:50 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More Detail Please!  (Read 21314 times)
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2003, 12:44:57 am »

David, I would love to for one of the leading brothers (errr former leading brothers) reading this site, once and for all come out and set the record straight.  Like has been pointed out, in I Cor. 5 we clearly see why the brother was to be put out.

You last post if ture scares, does not shock me but scares me.  

"IF" they knew something was going on for two years and had any type of proof (again I say if), then  why let him go on journeys, visit other assemblies, etc.  I then go along with Arthur, and have to ask, what other big things are going to come out?

Lord Have Mercy on them!
G
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2003, 02:08:00 am »

Pleeeeeeease Guys:

Don't even go down the road of questioning whether or not these accusations are true.  They are.  There are still other assemblies that are not willing to stand against the wicked teachings of GG, a man who has proved to be an immoral, ungodly man.  They don't need any ammunition with which to sway the poor little sheep in the respective gatherings to keep them under bondage.  

These women are victims.  They do not need to be pranced out before all the body of Christ to see, to determine whether these accusations are valid.  The testimony has been presented and MANY people are standing for the next step in this process to be carried out completely....that of a complete excommunication of George and Betty.  These men have stepped down from their leadership positions.  How can we say that they are simply doing this to maintain a position.  What position?  There aren't any positions left.

Come on, let's stand with those who God has FINALLY used to bring George to account.  

It does not dismiss the men who have their own sins to deal with.  These men know who they are.  This is just beginning.  If they, themselves do not repent and turn from THEIR sin and make things right, God will deal with them as well.  

First things first.

I love you all! Smiley
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2003, 02:17:13 am »

Greetings everyone:

I just want to make a suggestion that some of us don't want to clearly know what the sin was so that we don't have to admit to ourselves what kind of man we followed for so long. Let's face it, we were to a not insignificant degree following a man. Peter's bad example was publicly named and rebuked by Paul. We know Peter took it and repented. Like David said, all the details (with whom,etc.)
are unnecessary, but clearly state the basis on which he is disfellowshipped. Others need to be protected from this man and his immediate family. I consider it a need to know situation after what he, his wife and sons perpetrated on so many for so long. Don't let the leaders treat you like children.
Arthur
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2003, 02:28:31 am »

Pleeeeeeease Guys:

Don't even go down the road of questioning whether or not these accusations are true.  They are.  

Oh sorry Kimberley, you are so right, I should make a clarification to my hunch.  It is a known fact that George has committed indecent and immoral acts with women. Yes.  No question.  Ok, now I think that it is still possible for the leaders in Fullerton to use him as a scapegoat, and the fact that he actually did those things aids their case even more.  They can so easily say, see, there is the source of all the poison, it was Brother George's fault, and so distract attention from their own sins.  They did the same thing with David in SLO.  
Have they stepped down from their positions?  I need (and I will) call them and others there to confirm.  The other part of the proof in the pudding is that there is a full and absolute clearing of all possible guilt in this matter.  See Chuck's post re: what they should do, i.e. make a list of every person they might possibly have offended, get some dirt and grovel in it before the person asking for repentence, etc.

Arthur
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 02:31:48 am by Arthur » Logged
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2003, 02:35:07 am »

I guess what some are saying here is that we not only want THE truth, but also the WHOLE truth, and NOTHING BUT the truth!

I admit we more than likely might not get it, but there sure is a lot more that should be brought into the light.

Kimberly, what do you mean by this statement?
a complete excommunication of George and Betty

Cheers,
G
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2003, 05:01:30 am »

G - What I meant was that there are still some assemblies who have not even decided whether they are going to honor the excommunication or not.  From what I understand there is also at least one assembly that the leadership has not even made a general announcement as to the excommunication, at all.  The only way the members are finding out is through this website.

And Arthur - absolutely brother, I couldn't agree with you more.  There are more men (and women for that matter) who need to come clean of their own sins and step down from leadership.  Everyone in this place needs to take Chuck Vanasse's advice and really search their hearts and make right with anyone they have hurt.
Arthur
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2003, 09:21:02 pm »

Oh, come now Rudy, he was getting doughnuts of course.  But you will be sure not to tell Betty that I told you, right?
Roger Hommes

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2003, 02:27:19 am »

Getting back to the original request for more detail, I would just add that my concern is not so much for information as for the women involved.  For any of them to go public in this forum would surely be difficult beyond imagination.  I didn't get the impression from the notably vague letter that these were street prostitutes; if sisters in fellowship were coerced into immorality, they are in line for some serious compassion from individuals who can understand and offer genuine support.  If I might be so bold as to speak on Rachel's behalf, I would invite those sisters to contact Rachel privately with the understanding that they will not be pressured to go public until they are fully prepared to do so.  May our loving Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend be known as the one who is able to restore what the various locusts have destroyed.  (Joel 2:25)  
4Him

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2003, 07:36:18 am »

OK,
Now that I've had a chance to read up on what's been said since I last commented on this thread...

I think what is troubling some of us is that his sin was not specifically named as "adultery".  It does not seem, after all, to be a desire for the digging up of dirt.  (Someone, like David who started this, confirm or deny this.)  It would be good if someone in the know would declare whether or not this is true.

Nonetheless, even if the "immoral" behavior had not occurred, it seems to me that there was adequate ground for the excommunication.

karensanford

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2003, 07:46:05 am »

Hi Tim, Can't confess to being in the know...but I have been around here a while and I try to learn as much as possible from others here!

I think that some people feel it's important to know what George has been up to, especially for those who are on the fence or are very recent leavers.  Many of them still have blinders on (I say this lovingly, brothers and sisters) and it's imperative that they see just what kind of a terrible and evil sham of a man they were following.  

Sometimes, detail is really what propels us to action--let's all face it.  If we had just heard that David G "abused his wife and daughter", would we feel the same way we did after reading dear Rachel's account of her life?

I understand not revealing the names of the wounded.  That part makes perfect sense.

Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2003, 05:38:36 pm »

Greetings eveyone:
I thing Roger H.'s concern is is very important, but so is the original question-what is GG ex-comm.ed for? Neither are really secondary in my opinion.
My wife, who was never an assembly member, is of the opinion that George was grooming potential "partners" through the foot and hand massages.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 07:32:09 am by Sebastian Andrew » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2003, 09:08:19 pm »

I guess there was another reason for why George was
yelling into a pillow at 4:00 in the morning. (sorry--bad joke).
David Mauldin
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2003, 09:45:15 pm »

Hi  Tim, yes! this is what I have been saying all along,   Personaly I have talked to repitable people who told me George committed "adultry" in the 1960's.  While amongst the Plymouth Bretheren.  No doubt he is guilty of many sins worthy of this type of discipline.  My concern is those who are still in power are not being "in the light" Nor have they made any stepps towards repenting themselves.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 11:46:54 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
Editor:Geftakyslodge.com

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2003, 10:29:48 am »

Hi  Tim, yes! this is what I have been saying all along,   Personaly I have talked to repitable people who told me George committed "adultry" in the 1960's.  While amongst the Plymouth Bretheren.  No doubt he is guilty of many sins worthy of this type of discipline.  My concern is those who are still in power are not being "in the light" Nor have they made any stepps towards repenting themselves.
David,

What sort of "light" is it to become a Unitarian Buddhist, like you, and then become publicly concerned about the repentance of others?

Additionally, what sort of dicsipline do you recommend for your own apostasy?
Editor:Geftakyslodge.com

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2003, 12:00:33 pm »

John Malone Sr.

I've read all of the posts deleted from this site that are
now posted on your site.  I cannot believe that the people
on this bulletin board put up with your stuff.

for those of you who care to evaluate Rudy's mischaracterizations, you can do so on http://www.geftakyslodge.com.

Rudy,

I've read your stuff too.

You think you can make all sorts of inferences about people just because the forum you are in castigates them. One of the problems with the exposure of sin is the kind of blasphemy that you repeatedly engage in on this forum.

Who knows you anyway? Or your Christian association? You are just a popoff from who-knows-where, doing who-knows-what, with who-knows-whom?

I'm not even going to specify what those inferences by you are, because they are mere evil speculations: they are slander. I asked you for clarification of your inferences about someone in your posts here, privately, and you demurred. I reject your evil surmisings, even about an offending brother such as George Geftakys.

As for fellowship with an apostate who publicly declares his shameful rejection of Christ - as David Mauldin has - that's your business if you care to have it. There are others who read here who would be appalled to learn of his public declaration of devotion to Buddha!

The guy should be rebuked by every Christian with whom he has an exchange.

For the record, here is what I said to Mauldin:

Here is what you say here about your own self:

I am living in La Mirada CA. Just bought a condo- I teach in Buena Park at Gilbert School and I attend the Unitarian Church in Fullerton.  I sing in the choir and work with the homeless. I also study Buddism[sic] (I consider myself a Buhddist[sic]) and enjoy attending seminars at the Philisophical[sic] Research Center.

As bad as the Lodge is, it still hasn't achieved the low status of your haunts.

So, you tell us that you hang around with demons and their teaching, and we are supposed to listen to you prate on in your judgments about Christians?

I want you to know I, for one, am not that stupid.

By the way: I AM THE ONE WHO DELETED MY STUFF FROM THIS SITE TO DISSOCIATE WITH IT FOR CAUSE. If you would like to verify that, I am confident Brent Tr0ckman will oblige you.

So really, Rudy, with your standard of truth and association being as low a it is, I am happy not to meet it.

John J. Malone, Sr.
Editor, www.geftakyslodge.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: