AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 03:58:37 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The "New" Humor  (Read 41323 times)
retread

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2003, 12:44:29 am »

Arthur,

I knew you would come back here!!  I knew I could count on my fellow jokester.  We can be jesters in the King's court!  Maybe we better hold out on the pictures, however.  Remember, this is "new" humor.  Sort-of like "new and improved".  But,.........do you have any pictures of Brent?  I think he should get roasted now.  He wanted "new" humor, so "Waddya say!?"  

Here's a start:

But beware, of any modifications to this photo, as we may have photos of you as well.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 12:45:13 am by retread » Logged
freebird

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2003, 12:47:03 am »

Bob,

You violated rules 2 and 3.  Three strikes and you may be out of your job as court jester!
freebird

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2003, 12:53:02 am »

Crockie!  Is that Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter?  I see the resemblance!  
http://a1912.g.akamaitech.net/7/1912/34/6e183d8bcd63ef/animal.discovery.com/fansites/crochunter/photos/gallery/gallery.03_sm.jpg
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2003, 01:54:16 am »

Does my madonna phone count as a headcovering? Grin Grin Grin
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2003, 02:00:19 am »

Hi Auther and Garth,

Brent wanted me to tell you guys that it's "open season" Cheesy

You guys are funny! Grin Grin Grin

Mrs. Crockhunter
Arthur
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2003, 02:07:09 am »

Well Sousan tell Briant that I'd be happy oblige if his wife could spell my first name right Wink

After all these years?  And I thought you were my friend.  See if I get a little something special for your birthday this year!  (Oh, er, I guess I never have...when's your birthday again?)
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2003, 02:10:21 am »

According to: http://geftakysassembly.com/Sunday!.html

When the brothers saw this, they knew that I was for real and so at two in the afternoon, we took a break and then all met at my house, where we drafted letters, prayed and had a party in honor of the delete key, and its many functions.  A memorable moment at this time is when someone said, "When I press this button, seventy two pages are going to disappear."

The Lord turned our laughter into true joy!

As much as I miss the "jokes", I rejoice that the Lord used our 1080 posts in a special way to bring joy to his people at the "delete key party"

Isaiah 52:7b "Your God reigns!"
8  Your watchmen shall lift up their voices, With their voices they shall sing together; For they shall see eye to eye When the LORD brings back Zion.
9b  Break forth into joy, sing together

Suzie Trockman
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2003, 02:16:51 am »

Hi Bob,

I still can't figure out this bb sometimes.  I really liked the verse from Is 52 and wanted to respond but I think I reposted your post.  Oh well.

Arther, I mean Arthur, I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong. Can you see why I hardly ever post.

Suzie T
Arthur
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2003, 02:19:13 am »

Hey, guys, I HAVE noticed a change.  I'm not a Jr. Overcomer any longer.  I am now a Senior Member.  So are we going switching from coporate fellowship to corporate America? Does the fact that I'm a Senior Member mean that I now have a vote on the board, stock options in geftakysassembly.COM, and a key to the executive virus scanner?
I knew it was all about the money, now the true colors are showing.  I predict the next change will be in the bulletin board color from baby blue to money green.
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2003, 02:21:49 am »

I'm not even posting in the right place.  I think I need a refill on the hair color.
freebird

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2003, 03:30:04 am »

Suzie,

Don't worry we don't think you are blonde.  In fact here is your picture:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 03:30:54 am by FREEBIRD (Garth) » Logged
freebird

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2003, 03:41:07 am »

KimberlEy,

What is a "Madonna Phone"?

Is it a phone that has her picture on it?  If the phone just touches your ear, that isn't enough.  You must balance the receiver on top of your head.  I know that we live in a material world, but have you become a "material girl"?

Arthur (maybe an author as well),

Congrats on your promotion!  You have been a real postman.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 03:43:21 am by FREEBIRD (Garth) » Logged
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2003, 04:56:15 am »

Garth - Madonna phone: A family inside joke.  Madonna was one of the first in her concerts to wear one of those microphones you don't have to hold.  

Hey, it's not just "touching my ear."  This thing goes all the way over my head (hence-head covering! Wink)
Arthur
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2003, 05:08:29 am »

Um..Madonna's phone covers your hair about as much as her clothes cover...well you get the point.   Shocked
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 09:22:07 pm by Arthur » Logged
karensanford

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2003, 06:55:06 am »

Kimberley!!!

That's not a Madonna phone...

Every time Rob sees me wearing that, it's my BRITNEY SPEARS HEADSET.

Grin Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: