AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 12:11:04 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret Confessions  (Read 20406 times)
VinnieGalati

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2003, 10:47:00 am »

Ken, sorry I posted under your name inadvertently.  I was on as a guest and put in your name to respond to you.  Anyway, I am not a chiphead and I do apologize.

Now get back to more secret confessions- Garth, thou minister of evil and vitriole ofall sorts - I knowest thou hast dark secrets to confess- out with it thou skum of the earth. Come clean on this matter or I shall call on thee to read aloud and the "shame of it all"
psalm51

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2003, 09:25:50 am »

Sometimes I would sing harmony to the hymn we were singing.  Grin
I wore slacks to the prayer meeting, too.  
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2003, 12:51:48 pm »

Pat, I have also sang harmony with the songs.   Grin

Sometimes the song will be started really high, so I sing an octave lower!

There are more secret confessions to come, but you will have to buy my book to read them!

But I won't come out with it until I am three years from the age of fifty.  That way the title can be, Luke Robinson: Life as an AK-47  Grin

Ciao.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 12:52:23 pm by Luke Robinson » Logged
Heide

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2003, 09:02:07 pm »

I have two confessions: First one, while living at the first sisters house in SLO, Suzi and I use to go see movies on Friday nights while everyone else was away going to Cal Poly Bible Study. We figured since we weren't part of Cal Poly we didn't need to go. We got caught and severly talked to. I remember one sister saying"If Christ came back and didn't find you with us (at bible study) you would get left behind". My response which did not go over well was"I think God would know where to find us".

Secondly, challenging the dress code on Sunday morning. I met with a friend in SLO and we were running errands. I told her I wanted to go to a shop and buy slut red nail polish and do my toes for Sunday worship. I wore a red dress with a slit to my knees (long dress), sandals with a 3 inch heels, and my little red toes showing! I was waiting for the response. I had hoped I would be asked to leave! I lived far away and could not possibly come back in time... The only response I got was "You are so tall, why do you wear heels, You are just like Judy..." I took it as a compliment and thanked her....
Roger Hommes

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 05:58:03 am »

Vince, I remember that cup explosion vividly!  It got a tight seal against the seat and I couldn't believe how loud it was when it blew.  (It wasn't me who sat on it; I knew it was always good to be on the alert in your presence...)  

And I, like Toni Fuller, maintained numerous extra-assembly relationships, many with female friends...   Shocked  What a joke that I was having dinner and a movie with single females (some unsaved, even!) and then Sunday I was standing on the porch being reprimanded for giving a sister a lift home (TWO MILES!!) after the ANOP.  That was you, Toni Fuller!  You got me busted!  
Oscar

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 06:43:48 am »

One night I decided to take my family to see a movie that I had heard was really funny.   It had already "peaked" in the local theaters and was playing at a few cut rate movie houses.
We drove all the way down to Newport Beach to a place where it was playing.  When we went in a few minutes before the movie the lights were still on.

As we walked down the aisle, I suddenly saw a familiar face.  Then a whole bunch of familiar faces.  

THERE WERE ABOUT 6 COUPLES OF FULLERTON FOLKS OUT ON AN UNAUTHORIZED DATE.

What would George say?  What would betty say?  Thunder and doom no doubt.

However, I decided what I would say.   Nothing.
I never heard anything about it again.

Tom
Bernice
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 09:48:31 am »

I have a couple confessions  Grin
  A sister and I while living in a home were suppose to be at the library (thats what our schedules said) but at that point we were so burnt out that we went to the local pizza parlor and played video games.  We did this a couple times sometimes we would play air hockey.  OOOHHH Wink Once we even went to a movie.
  I never got rid of my TV and even though we didn't have it sitting out while living in the home.  We pulled it out once in a while.  Usually when the head steward wasn't around.
  Now for the worst...  ....  I never did do some of my consequences.  I didn't think I should have gotten them soooo...  I just crossed them out and put them in the done pile.  Cool Never was questioned about them.  Now you know Tongue
Stacy Clark

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2003, 10:49:20 am »

Bernice you sinner!!!  Kiss
Once I let my kids stay home from school and we all went to the matinee then out to dinner instead of going to the meeting. I even started going to visit my folks without telling an LB my itinerary  Shocked
The kicker was when last year I got a TV, VCR AND DVD player!! I was just waiting for someone to exhort me on that one! The LB's had computers with DVD-Roms so they could watch movies, so I had ammo!
outdeep

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2003, 09:27:16 pm »

Wow.  The more I think about this, the more come to mind:

First:  I remember being at a seminar weary and exausted.  It was probably the forth or fifth lecture and 1,000 verses into it.  George said "I know we're going over, but you want it, don't you?"  While the chorus of "Amens" filtered the room, I shook my head and said softly "nooooooo".  I looked up and saw a worker staring at me with an incredulous look upon her face.  "Oh, crumb!" I thought in my piety, "I'm busted."

Second:  I was once a doorkeeper charged, along with my comrads, with guarding the tent from hostile visitors who might want to break through our defence in order to hear the gospel.  I really got tired of the idea of strategically marching "suspect" visitors to the worst seat in the tent so they might remain under servalience and not disrupt the meeting.  To our shock and surprise, a visitor did actually show up to our well-guarded tent set hundreds of yards away from the parking lot - a bum.  When I sat him down I said, "ah, heck with these rules" and marched him to the 2nd row.  Turns out that during the gospel, he had a seizure and he had to be lifted out during the meeting.  He ended up being OK.  Yes, we heard about it at the doorkeepers briefing the next day, but I have to admit there was something gratifying about the whole affair.

Third:  In our brothers house, a consequence for, say, missing a speck on the refrigerator, was to type 10 recepe cards.  We got a bit creative (I wanted to put as a last step for chef salad to puree in blender, but I lost nerve).  Lee Irons, for instance, would write 1 t NaCL (Sodium Cloride) instead of salt.  One day, a joyful, standard-keeping-oriented brother was melting ice cubes in a pot.  We we asked him why.  He showed us that his recepe called for "2 cups thawed ice".   We left the room giggling.  I always wondered what he would do if he got the recepe that called for "2 cups condenced steam".

-Dave
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2003, 12:03:25 am »

He showed us that his recepe called for "2 cups thawed ice".   We left the room giggling.  I always wondered what he would do if he got the recepe that called for "2 cups condenced steam".

My wife made out the menus and one brother who was very young in many ways, read "frozen corn" and served it up in a bowl hard as a rock!
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2003, 12:16:39 am »

THICK OATMEAL:
I LOVE QUAKER OATS THICK OATMEAL

I lived in a brothers house - 70's.  I made Saturday oatmeal.
Totally thick.  One brother kept putting more milk into it.
Well it absorped all the milk.  He'd eat a little and put more milk.  Absorped.  This went on and on.
Finally when he was about 1/2 down in the bowl, he said "I am sorry brother but I just can't finish this."

Is this scripitual?  Is this the bowl of oatmeal that kept refilling?  Smiley  Smiley
David Mauldin
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2003, 12:16:43 am »

In a home I lived in WE as a house confronted a brother about a "shamefull" weekness.  He was required to repent in front of us all. We all stood around in great piety as this brother confessed openly his shame.  Afterwords we in our great humility and bowels of compassion condesended to this lowly sinner and  we all shook hands and said "We forgive you"  (Yet all the while inside I was just as guilty as this brother and I didn't say anything!!!! )
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2003, 01:17:36 am »

One Sunday morning while living at Tim and Ginger's, I purposely took a shower at approximately 8:30am (the time everyone in the house was leaving for the morning meeting).  When I got out of the shower, everyone had already left for the meeting. I had no car, and therefore had no way of getting to the meeting, so I stayed home and listenend to Christian music on the radio!  I called my friend Donna (a sister in fellowship) pick me up in time for the afternoon meeting.  To my surprise, Ginger and her oldest daughter Liz came home for the lunch break!!  So, I hid in my room the entire time they were downstairs!  When I saw Donna pull up at 2:15pm, I snuck out of the house!  No one ever knew about this!  I was a baaad girl, wasn't I? Wink
Arthur
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2003, 02:57:34 am »

Stop it man!  This is bringing back bad memories.   Shocked Cry
j.k., I'll live  Grin

I think we've all said that we were sick when we weren't to skip a meeting.  Now I do it for my job.  As one Dilbert puts it, I have a bad case of "mahjabiscrappus".  So I guess for the assembly it was a bad case of "dismeteinsuxis".  

outdeep

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2003, 03:23:57 am »

Actually, the way I understand it, Tim and Ginger's young chilcren had a reputation for being "sick" on Sunday afternoon yet well enough to go to Disneyland on Monday.

I don't say this to put them down.  Most parents aren't into unduly stressing out their kids even if they have to work around the system to protect them.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: