AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 04:51:28 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixty-eight!!!  (Read 3521 times)
Oscar

Email
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:30:21 pm »

Folks,

Yesterday this board reached the number of 68 people accessing it.  When I logged on at around noon PST there were 33 visitors and 2 members logged on at that time.

I do not know for sure if the number 68 represents the total for 24 hours, or if it means that at one point in time there were 68 folks actually logged on together. 

Anyone else know the answer?

Another question is why?  The number of visits had been declining down into the 20,000 visits per month range.  In the past few months it has climbed up into the high 30K to low 40K range.  A few possibilities:

1. A group of people such as a church in Africa or Asia has just found out about the board so many are interested.

2. Some event regarding GG or some well-known assembly member has happened, and this is circulating through the assembly survivor's grapevine.

3. A whole bunch of folks just thought, "I think I'll find out if there is anything new".

4. Joe Sperling had access to a whole bunch of computers yesterday.   Wink

Any thoughts?

Tom Maddux
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:32:07 pm by Tom Maddux » Logged
Margaret

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 01:28:22 am »

Don't know the answer, but hits are up on ga.com also. For June it's averaging 232 discreet visits and 1063 hits per day, but yesterday was up to 766 visitors and 1490 hits. Germany has suddenly become the third most-frequent country of origin (after the US and Unknown). A website call Apostate Arminian has recently linked to a number of Biblical Exposition articles, and Monergism.com has increased their links, so that might explain ga.com, but the BB? Maybe some other website or blog has linked to it. PEEBS.com (for former Exclusive Brethren) told us they were considering linking.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 04:12:26 am »

Tom---

A little while ago I entered the board and it said there were "33" visitors. It showed several threads
being viewed--but all of them were a minute apart or so. I signed out and came back about 10 minutes
later (now) and their are (3) visitors.  I think that one of the "guests" may be visiting many of the threads,
and for some reason the system is reading each thread viewing as a separate "visitor"---not sure how that is
happening---but I suspect it is the case. It's just very strange that 30 visitors would all disappear within a 10 minute time frame.

--Joe
Oscar

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 08:31:09 pm »

Joe,

Maybe the flying saucer people abducted them.

Tom Maddux
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:31:49 pm »

Tom---

The aliens missed me. I guess my aluminum foil head covering did the trick.  Cheesy

--Joe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: