AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 04:10:52 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret Confessions  (Read 20320 times)
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2003, 09:07:24 pm »

I LOVE THIS THREAD !!!!

Okay, a couple of seminar confessions:

1)  Once my wife was due within weeks.  I went up by myself on Friday (fulfilling my obligation of at least beeing "seen" at the seminar).  I got a call the next morning she was having baby pains so I had to leave (at least some key brothers saw me so I felt like I had fulfilled my religous duty)
Now for the "secret confession" -- I WAS ELATED TO GET TO GO HOME !!!!!!!!!
I had a wonderful "holiday" weekend at home with my wife and 2 boys --- I was now corrupted with the worldy idea of actually ENJOYING some rest and ENJOYING my family.

2)  Once I stayed back from the sunday evening lecture (we would have 3 on sundays) and swam with my boys at the hotel pool.  We had so much fun, I really had no desire to be at the meeting so I did what I wanted !!!!
BUT ... I felt soooooooooooo guilty the whole time (I really did) -- like I "should" be at the meeting.

THANK GOD FOR DELIVERANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2003, 09:08:43 pm by Ken Fuller » Logged
Rudy

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2003, 09:45:29 pm »

Sorry, side splitting, Oohhh  Grin

Menu cards - 2 cups of thawed ice !
                             - or -
                    2 cups of condensed steam !

Frozen corn - served frozen !

Tooo much .........

Hey, Bernice - maybe you got away with putting
your consequences in the done box because
they thought that you were :

Can anybody say : BRAINWASHED ?   end caps lock  Grin

Of course the most faithful one was made head steward.
The most_faithful_saint_head_steward_trainer didn't check, eh ?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 09:00:40 pm by Rudy » Logged

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2003, 10:29:26 pm »

TEST
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2003, 01:43:32 am »

Oh yeah,
When I lived with Frances Sullivan (now Bransby), I used to pretend to be sick so that I could pull out my black-and-white tv set from the garage and watch movies! (SHHH-she may give me a consequence so keep it quiet!!) Grin
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2003, 02:01:29 am »

This section is a riot!!!

Remember the question and answer times.    You would write down a quesiton and stick in a box  to be read and answered by the leading brother moderation the session...Well my younger brother (always trying to find ways to entertain ourselves during the meetings) used to write down the dumbest possible question that we could think of, then attach the name of a saint to it without them knowing it.

Keep in mind that the questions put in the box were normally anonymous.  

It was always hysterical to see the leading brother say..."it looks like brother ______ has a question", followed by something along the lines of "during the time of dinosaurs, did caveman have a place to fellowship", then to look over at tthe saint we had attached the question to and look at the bewilderment on their face.

Also, did anyone else ever come down with the dreaded case of the flu on super bowl Sunday???  I think I had it 14 years in a row.

David Mauldin
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2003, 03:39:07 am »

BRETHEREN BASEBALL!!!

Section off the seeting area.

Front row all the way back 8 rows and then to the left is mine.

you get the other side.

Now if a brother or sister gives out a hymn that is a single!

If the same brother  or sister gives out a prayer that is a double!  if a new brother or sister gives out a prayer it is just a single.

Now if the same brother who gave out a prayer and hynm gets up to give ministry that is a triple!!!!

BUT if the leading brother say to that brother "Brother lets cut this short!"  Then the game is automaticly forfiet!!!

(This game is actually played in the Plymouth Bretheren assembly assemblies!)
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2005, 11:45:04 am »

At the seminars, I used to sit in the back row so that I could watch the saints going in and out of the room...George's lectures were pretty booooring!
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 08:17:08 am »

I really did NOT like attending all night of prayers!  I would come up with any excuse possible to either show up for the meeting a couple of hours late or to leave a couple of hours early!
outdeep

Email
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 08:07:44 pm »

I don't think anyone really "liked" being up all night but for a long time I saw a value in them.  I believed at the time God would honor sacrificial prayer.

However, towards the end when my heart was dieing under that ministry, there was one night where I just couldn't bring myself to go.  So I continued on to the Brea mall and watched the movie Pretty Women.  The sad truth is that at that time and under the circumstances, I probably made the more edifying choice.  I could tell the next day that some sisters in my home were curious where I was but none actually asked.

-Dave
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 08:38:17 pm »

This section is a riot!!!

Remember the question and answer times.    You would write down a quesiton and stick in a box  to be read and answered by the leading brother moderation the session...Well my younger brother (always trying to find ways to entertain ourselves during the meetings) used to write down the dumbest possible question that we could think of, then attach the name of a saint to it without them knowing it.

Keep in mind that the questions put in the box were normally anonymous.  

It was always hysterical to see the leading brother say..."it looks like brother ______ has a question", followed by something along the lines of "during the time of dinosaurs, did caveman have a place to fellowship", then to look over at tthe saint we had attached the question to and look at the bewilderment on their face.

Also, did anyone else ever come down with the dreaded case of the flu on super bowl Sunday???  I think I had it 14 years in a row.

I must have missed this thread in the past!  That's hilarious!  "during the times of dinosaurs, did cavemen have a place to fellowship?"    Dave---Going to see "Pretty Woman" probably was a better choice (as long as you offered up some prayers during the viewing) Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: