AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 06:52:11 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: John Malone for President  (Read 14099 times)
wolverine

Email
« on: February 04, 2003, 10:15:01 pm »

and you thought Clinton was bad? hah...
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 03:55:55 am »

I think we might have to change the oath of office...
SugarMagnolia

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 04:00:06 am »

Guys, c'mon.  It was completely unecessary to start this thread.  What are your motivations?  Are they love?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 04:01:18 am by Ben Mathews » Logged
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 04:08:14 am »

Alright,

I do not know why my bro started this thread.  It was kind of stupid, but there is nothing mean behind my post.  I do not hate John or despise him and you know that, Ben.  I think it is just kind of humorous.  Imagine if any of us were president.  Oh well.  It is dumb so Brent can erase it as soon as he wants.  I had no idea that Paul would make this a thread.  But don't worry, Ben, it goes on all the time on this website.  It is a low blow.  It is not as serious as you think.  We don't hate him.  We never have.  He just gives people a hard time all the time.

Maybe it can be put under "Assembly Humor" that evergrowing important page, where everyone tells the lovely embarrassing of George and others.  

Ben, the love is really flowing here.  

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson  
editor
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 04:13:30 am »

Hi guys

I only delete things that are:

blasphemous
profanity (cussing)
Impersonating (someone claiming to be George or me, etc.)
unintelligible (Lucas Sturnfields' "A" thread.  14 pages of the letter A)

Your thread is neither of these three, so it will stay up for now
You may delete your own posts, however.  Feel free to do so.

Brent
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 04:25:37 am »

Dear Ben,

Frankly, maybe John needs a little messing with.  I personally would not prefer having him as President, but then again, if he became a little more meek and a little more kind, I would vote for him.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
BenJapheth
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 04:36:04 am »

Yep, a "sweeter, kinder" John would make strong man exponentially more powerful.  Hey, fellow-posters, I should also warn you - DO NOT provoke him.  As my Dad used to say, "There is no off switch on a tiger."

Dear Ben,

Frankly, maybe John needs a little messing with.  I personally would not prefer having him as President, but then again, if he became a little more meek and a little more kind, I would vote for him.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
SugarMagnolia

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 04:37:02 am »

Luke, I'm not saying you hate him.  I know you're not that kind of guy.  But your humour is sure to be taken in an offensive manner by Mr. Malone. (at least if the past is any indication)  If we are going to show love to him, we ought not to intentionally offend him.  That's all I'm saying.  Keep it real dude.
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 05:03:44 am »

Yep, a "sweeter, kinder" John would make strong man exponentially more powerful.  Hey, fellow-posters, I should also warn you - DO NOT provoke him.  As my Dad used to say, "There is no off switch on a tiger."

If everything is done in Christ's Spirit, there would be no anger, malice, nor provocation.  Now, as John has demonstrated his intellectual eptitude, I pray that he will show us his mature side while joining us in discussion of individually held beliefs.  I personally would love to have the chance to sit down and discuss a topic (such as angels) with him, and maybe such a place will eventaully come into being.  Until then, a public forum that is ultimately open to any comment is what we have - with functional operation dependant upon peace in word and tone.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 05:04:34 am by JesusFreak (Luke S) » Logged
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 05:10:01 am »

First of all,
He doesn't get offended by many things.  As Brian has said before, he thrives on this kind of stuff.  
Secondly,
The Bible tells us to provoke John.  But to LOVE and GOOD WORKS.  
Thirdly,
I in no way am intentionally offending him or trying to.  Just keeping everything light here.  It is fun to talk about something else besides the "DECIEVED" game.
Peace to you, Ben.  God Bless and keep in touch.

Luke Robinson
wolverine

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 11:53:01 am »

I like John Malone and actually think he would make a great president!  Although he does have his quirks (who doesn't?), he is intelligent, knows his craft (debating?), and knows the scriptures (except for all the "love" verses...not that I know them any better!)  You just have to know when to take him seriously and when not to...

Ben, chill a little bit...relax...have a little fun...this sites just one big circus anyway!

Luke, this thread is not stupid...

Chuck, thank you...

JohnMaloneFan
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2003, 05:35:48 pm »

If this is a circus are you a clown?
freebird

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 12:00:58 am »

If everything is done in Christ's Spirit, there would be no anger, malice, nor provocation.

Luke S.,

Was Jesus ever angry?  You are a smart person.  Read the Gospels again.

I write this because that statement is typical lodge propaganda to stop dissenting opinions and criticism.  Brother, be a Berean.

Garth

« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 12:02:24 am by FREEBIRD (Garth) » Logged
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 12:05:50 am »

If everything is done in Christ's Spirit, there would be no anger, malice, nor provocation.

Luke S.,

Was Jesus ever angry?  You are a smart person.  Read the Gospels again.

I write this because that statement is typical lodge propaganda to stop dissenting opinions and criticism.  Brother, be a Berean.

Garth

I apologize, you are absolutlely correct.  My meaning resided in the lack of malice and provocation found in Christ, from which i derived the anger comment.  
freebird

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 12:16:08 am »

Luke S,

I can accept that better...thanks.  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: