AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 11:20:59 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: This website makes me sick!!  (Read 26760 times)
BenJapheth
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2003, 07:04:44 am »

Dear Shadow,

I don't know who you are, but your first post a week ago, was nice with respect to encouraging people to watch their tone and avoiding "returning evil for evil" with bitter, hateful posts...Hey, and with bitter, hateful posts - I agree!

If you look at the history of my posts - you and I are one on this - that's is exactly where I'm coming from as well. "A gentle tongue/keyboard turns away wrath....A wise man makes knowledge acceptable....love covers a mulitude of sins."  

Following this last weekend's reconciliation with Brent and the SLO believers - this site has taken a remarkable turn to grace, reconciliation and mercy inplace of judgement, sarcasm, and bitterness.  Judgement with love is salutary, however, throw in a little hate and you've got a witches brew.

However, your latest post seems venomous. Last week the board is negative and your nice, this week the board is positive and your mean.  And, about what?  You now think that the board is negative.  What?  You appear to be breathing the same fire that you would hope to douse. Why be abusive about abuse?  It's a contradiction.

Hey, Ephesians 4:29 - If it doesn't edify, isn't wholesome, or give grace - let's leave it off the boards.  We're free here; so, that's a request.

Why are you anonymous anyway? Email me if you like and reveal yourself chuck@vanant.com.  Brent and I discuss these issues, too.  I'm concerned that this be a place where people can find answers and hope for reconciliation.  I'm glad you are committed to keeping the tone edifying.

Grace to you - Shadow Person

Chuck Vanasse
BenJapheth
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2003, 09:10:17 am »

Greetings Dan, Buddy!  This is your Uncle Chuck!

Sorry, did I blow your cover? ...Great to hear from you! - Excellent points!  You know Dan, you'll see "some shots" at things on this site, but I think most of the people here are committed to bringing things that are hidden in the darkness into the light, to expose evil, and to seek reconciliation, hope and peace. There is tons of goodwill here, mercy and love, too.  The man who runs this site, Brent, is a wonderful guy I met in SLO last Saturday.  He's an inspiration...He's strong, but not afraid to say he's wrong - Godly!

However, if you hang around long enough you'll find some very bitter people as well.  Many folks have been hurt and injured through the years...Some of that hurt has turned to anger and that anger to bitterness.  It's wrong, but I do understand it.  I remember once coming upon a dog that had it's back legs run over and it was dying.  When I got close to try and help it, it tried to bite me.  I understood why. Needless to say, we're battling it on the Web site.  It's not edifying. It's sad, but true and real.

However, just as people who have been hurt by some of their experiences in the assembly need to not be bitter...So, those who are in the assembly or who were formerly in the assembly need to realize is that where there is sin and hypocrisy it must be exposed and hopefully repented of!  People who expose sin and the deeds of the darkness are not against the assembly - They are for it!  They are for it in the best possible way.  Just like a mother who spanks her unruly child. She loves her child. When sin is exposed and turned away from, there is a victory and we get reconciliation.  And, the grace flows! Lives are changed...If you hang around you'll see lots of changed lives.  This is what Christianity is all about.  I've seen more REAL Christianity on this site in the last week than I've seen in many, many years as a believer.  It's so encouraging.

The issue that will be addressed increasingly, I believe, on this Web site will be the issue of idolatry. Idolatry comes when we put a man or his offspring on a pedastal.  I believe this is where all our woes have come from.  Yes, I said we.  I'm an outsider to the assembly, but not to our family.  I've eaten deep and long at the bitter trough of Idolatry's fruits.  And, this man that has only three days ago been exposed, sat as a fraud in a place that no man should have ever sat.  Judgement will continue until we repent.

Dear Nephew, Dan, that is and was the problem - Idolatry.  This is the warning given by so many, so often through the years to the Assembly.  Your own grandfather warned us with much emotion.  It was hard to hear.  

Much repentence needs to be made concerning the sin of idolatry.  All of us need to look deep into our hearts on this one.

Blessings, Dan...I love Dear Nephew. You're a godly, young man.  Run the race and win the prize, sweet Dan!

Your Uncle Chuck
chuck@vanant.com
BenJapheth
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2003, 09:12:17 am »

Greetings Dan, Buddy!  This is your Uncle Chuck!

Sorry, did I blow your cover? ...Great to hear from you! - Excellent points!  You know Dan, you'll see "some shots" at things on this site, but I think most of the people here are committed to bringing things that are hidden in the darkness into the light, to expose evil, and to seek reconciliation, hope and peace. There is tons of goodwill here, mercy and love, too.  The man who runs this site, Brent, is a wonderful guy I met in SLO last Saturday.  He's an inspiration...He's strong, but not afraid to say he's wrong - Godly!

However, if you hang around long enough you'll find some very bitter people as well.  Many folks have been hurt and injured through the years...Some of that hurt has turned to anger and that anger to bitterness.  It's wrong, but I do understand it.  I remember once coming upon a dog that had it's back legs run over and it was dying.  When I got close to try and help it, it tried to bite me.  I understood why. Needless to say, we're battling it on the Web site.  It's not edifying. It's sad, but true and real.

However, just as people who have been hurt by some of their experiences in the assembly need to not be bitter...So, those who are in the assembly or who were formerly in the assembly need to realize is that where there is sin and hypocrisy it must be exposed and hopefully repented of!  People who expose sin and the deeds of the darkness are not against the assembly - They are for it!  They are for it in the best possible way.  Just like a mother who spanks her unruly child. She loves her child. When sin is exposed and turned away from, there is a victory and we get reconciliation.  And, the grace flows! Lives are changed...If you hang around you'll see lots of changed lives.  This is what Christianity is all about.  I've seen more REAL Christianity on this site in the last week than I've seen in many, many years as a believer.  It's so encouraging.

The issue that will be addressed increasingly, I believe, on this Web site will be the issue of idolatry. Idolatry comes when we put a man or his offspring on a pedastal.  I believe this is where all our woes have come from.  Yes, I said we.  I'm an outsider to the assembly, but not to our family.  I've eaten deep and long at the bitter trough of Idolatry's fruits.  And, this man that has only three days ago been exposed, sat as a fraud in a place that no man should have ever sat.  Judgement will continue until we repent.

Dear Nephew, Dan, that is and was the problem - Idolatry.  This is the warning given by so many, so often through the years to the Assembly.  Your own grandfather warned us with much emotion.  It was hard to hear.  

Much repentence needs to be made concerning the sin of idolatry.  All of us need to look deep into our hearts on this one.

Blessings, Dan...I love Dear Nephew. You're a godly, young man.  Run the race and win the prize, sweet Dan!

Your Uncle Chuck
chuck@vanant.com
Arthur
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2003, 09:12:52 am »

Hi Dan (that's you're first name right, Mr. Sjogren?)

Since you have just become aware of these events, it is understandable that you would not know the extent that the leaven has been worked into the assembly.  Spiritual abuse, mind control, coersive persuasion are some of what was going on there and, yes, happening to you.
Check out the rickross site for some good definitions and explanations.
http://www.rickross.com

Here's a quote for thought, "Little by little we were taught all these things. We grew into them."  Adolph Eichman, Nazi war criminal
(Note, some people are hypersensitive, so I make this disclaimer. The assembly is not naziism, nor what was done in the assembly near as bad as what the nazi's did, at least on the physical level.  I use the quote because the same truth exists--the spell takes over a person slowly and usually without his knowing that he is bewitched.  I can't imagine what it would be like for someone growing up in the assembly.)

These are not "taking shots at the assembly".  Most of these posts are exposing the truth of the wickedness that has been going on there, much of it probably unbeknownst to you, but now you know, or are learning about.

Bro, as you learn about these things, do not despair, but know as you have affirmed, that God is working, and his plan will be done.

Arthur
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2003, 09:26:58 am »

Dan, I appreciate the spirit with which you write and most definately you reveal your age Wink.  Which in some respects is rather refreshing Cheesy but in others I would like you to realize that the men and women who are posting on this site, with perhaps what you would see as anger or bitterness, have suffered the kind of abuse from their spiritual leaders that is grieving the very heart of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I don't expect you to fully understand this, but I ask you to have mercy on these men and women and yes, pray for them.  It is through this website and the relationships that are formed that Christ will bring healing to the body of Christ.  I have seen it in my own life (the Lord using your uncle Chuck as one such example. Smiley)

Since you have a love for the Lord, have an open mind and a heart of compassion as you read these posts and see how you can reach out to others and share the love of Christ, which will bring healing to them and those they are in relationship with.

Pass it on! Smiley
BenJapheth
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2003, 09:37:19 am »

Sweet words, Kimberly.  Direct, honest and winsome.  Dan's a sharp young guy...He gets it.  His perspective is refreshing and young, not naive, but innocent.  There is hope!

Chuck
Arthur
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2003, 09:44:19 am »

Dan,

Thanks bro, I have a whole lot more hope now these days, now that George got the boot and some leaders are repenting.  People are realizing that, yes, there was problems all along.  I feel vindicated, but more than that, like Chuck was saying, I'm glad to be a Christian again because now I know that God will follow through on what he promises, he will deliver, he will judge.  Man it's like my faith came back to me all in one night. I wonder why I doubted.  I'm like, yeah!  Praise the Lord! God is true and he is righteous!  Hey, the Bible puts it better:  
The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.  

About the rr site, I was referring more to this section, pretty heavy huh?  
http://www.rickross.com/brainwashing.html

Arthur
David Mauldin
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2003, 05:57:58 am »

This is a test message.  I am solving a problem.

Please disregard.
freebird

Email
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2003, 12:19:11 pm »

Maalox would be my recommendation!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: