AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 02:32:06 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: This website makes me sick!!  (Read 26769 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2003, 03:00:12 am »

Tony:

You score 5 out of 5 overcomer points for that post!

Yes indeed, much energy is being expended in saying how some of the most minor details in Rachel's story aren't quite right.  A couple people even protested that the dates were off by a few months!  Many have emailed me, after I have emailed them, saying, "I have been wanting to contact you for some time..."  but of course, they never did.

Judy has been contacted exactly ZERO times!!! Angry Angry

Rachel has been contacted exactly one time, and that was not really an apology: ",if I have offended you or caused you any harm by not doing more, please forgive me."  That is an exact quote from her one and only contact.  There is still no evidence that this person is doing anything to ammend for his neglect.

However, don't be troubled.  The Lord sees their secret meetings, even as he saw the meetings of the Pharisees, who triangulated their responses to His questions, and plotted when the best time to arrest Him was.  Their plans will only bring ruin on their own heads.

Brent
Kevin Healy

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2003, 03:31:35 am »

Dear Editor
Can you give us some details on the discussion someone recently had with Keith Walker lately
Kevin Healy
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2003, 04:02:21 am »

Hi all (especially William),

This is my first time posting to this site, but just had a couple things to say.

One, I agree with you about the tone of some of the poster, in that they "seem" vengeful and want blood (for those that truly do I say REPENT!).

Second, from having been involved with the assembly for 10 years (Huntington Beach/Long Beach), I see this web site as one warning the people left in.   I would hope that in the future there would be more healing articles, because I know of two people leaving (heard from them today) because this web site was the "nail in the coffin!"

Last, William all former members if honest will tell you that because of some of the teachings they learned in the assembly they are better sons/daughters of God.

Lord Bless Everyone  
George A.
I Cor. 16:23,24  Smiley
editor
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2003, 04:27:22 am »

Dear PeacefulG

I think we are all in agreement with you.  I would love to see more "healing articles," as well.  You are more than welcome to contribute one.

However, without defending those who "want blood," I do want to caution people who would quickly adopt a, "Peace, Peace" tone, when there is no peace!  Read Jer 6-8

Now, please note, I am not accusing you of saying "peace, peace" you said no such thing, but I do know that the tendency is there in all of us, especially those who are recently left the lodge, or those who are still in.

The facts are as follows:
There is no repentance
There is no accountability
There has been serious fraud and abuse
There is no peace for the wicked.
It is evident that God is judging George and George's house

Acts 3:19-20  "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,"

Prov 20:30 blows that hurt cleanse away evil, as do stripes the inner depths of the heart.

Prov 20:12 The righteous God wisely considers the house of the wicked, overthrowing the wicked for their wickedness.

and my favorite proverb of late, Prov 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the fool's back.

Think em over and we can have a meaningful discussion about the application of God's Word.  Smiley

Brent
Rachel

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2003, 04:55:53 am »

George A,

I was going to just let others respond because I feel I have said this a million times if I have said it once, but I will say it again.

We are not crying out for vengence or for blood.  We are crying out for truth and for justice, for honesty and openness.  We are crying out for an end to the lies, the deceptions and covering up.  We may sometimes sound vengeful, however, please keep in mind that for many of us, me especially, this is not the first time we have brought up these problems, these questions.  In the past we have been dismissed, slandered, ignored, supressed, and even excommunicated for bringing to light exactly the issues on this web site.  Years of being lied about and dismissed is exhausting and discouraging, so forgive us if we are not always perfect in our patience.  We want things made right and NOW.  We are tierd of waiting.

Second, from having been involved with the assembly for 10 years (Huntington Beach/Long Beach), I see this web site as one warning the people left in.  I would hope that in the future there would be more healing articles, because I know of two people leaving (heard from them today) because this web site was the "nail in the coffin!"

Yes, this is a warning, a wake up call to those of you still left in the assembly.  I want you to wake up and see what you are supporting.  

I believe in personal integrity.

Integrity:
1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.  

Integrity in action means, you do not support corruption.  How many times do we, on this site, have to tell you, that the leadership in your assembly, in Fullerton, in the midwest has known about the problems, the abuse for years and NOTHING WAS DONE.  Two years ago, I told the leadership about all of the problems exposed in my paper and the only thing done was a my father was put under discipline for a couple of months (2).  Then he was back preaching.  Nothing was done regarding the numerous Leading brothers who had known in the past and supressed, lied and coverup the sins without dealing with the sin.  For the last 2 years nothing has happen.  Most Saints did not know that any of these kinds of abuses and corruption in the leadership had ever occurred.  They did not know that the men they trusted as shepherds had, not only left sheep in a dangerous place without helping or checking to see if they were ok, but had lied about it as well.  It is this website and our telling of the truth that has brought to the light, issues the leadership has hid for decades.  Saints need to see that those they are trusting to lead and protect them as shepherds have proved themselves untrustworthy and dishonest.  Then the saints need to ask themselves if they want to support that dishonesty.  If you know a man in public office is corrupt or dishonest, you don't support him by giving him your vote or by running his campaign.  In the same way, you should not give your support to untrustworthy leadership.  You should know that by allowing the untrustworthy leadership to stay in a place of leadership and continuing to attend the assembly you testify that the assembly is a good place to be and the leadership is trustworty.  A new person coming in will meet you and think, "Well he's an ok guy and he trust these men and goes here, it must be an ok place.  I should be able to trust the leadership here."  You, saint, are vouching for the trustworthiness of the leadership and I am saying they have proved themselves untrustworthy and this is how.  (See my papers - Rachel's Story and False Appology)  I should think you should want to have integrity and know what it is you are supporting.  Do you know?  So if ones are leaving because this website was the "nail in the coffin" it means they already had questions and they got answers here that required them to take a stand.  Good for them.  I should think a lot of people would be leaving because they personally saw they needed to maintain their integrity and take a stand.  That is unless you guys are handing out t-shirts now for Meeting attire that says, "I ATTEND HERE BUT AM NOT SURE I SUPPORT OR TRUST THE LEADERSHIP".

If you have cancer you can not heal from it until you have cut the cancer out.  Otherwise, you the cancer will just continue to spread.  Yes, healing is a nice thing to want but you can not heal until full honesty, openess and full repentance has occured, until the corruption has been cut out and dealt with.  

Also, if some former assembly attenders were honest they will tell you that their faith was wrecked or at least weaken by the teaching in the assembly

I hope all will have the courage to stand for truth and justice.

Kay

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2003, 05:01:56 am »

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for hanging in there and and not giving up!
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2003, 05:34:03 am »

Hi all again,  Smiley

Forgive me if I was not clear in my last post.

1. Since this topic had become to topics (one, aobut the website and the other referring to the BBs along with the website), I as addressing the postings in the BBs.

2. I want repentence and restitution from leadership, but like I said there "seems" to be a vengful tone to some of the postings.  Vengence is the LORDS!, and we need to avoid all apperance of evil.

3. This is something to think about and should be another BB post, if there is no repentence from those, how are they going to face us (all abused, slander, torn down, etc.) in heaven.  Do they just face God's judgement and that is all?

4. So much was preached about running to win, get that/those crowns, hear well done thy good and faithful servant.  I must say they (Leardership and others) are going to miss a lot if things do not change.

5. I know lives were and wrecked, but what I am talking about is the spirtual laws learned.  For those that cling to the hurt and miss/forget  that they were taught how to read the word, preach the gospel, etc.  David though hurt and hunted by King Saul did not forget the things God thaught him while there.  Remember God's word does not return void.

Rachel when you see your sister or talk to her, tell her George Allen said hi!

Lord Bless
G
sue xander

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2003, 05:35:41 am »

Its so interesting how "the VOICE FROM THE SHADOWS" can write an article on how negative this website is and the have a title such as this: "THIS WEBSITE MAKES ME SICK"!!! (WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!)
     A "SHADOW" is dark place; a dark figure or image cast on a surface by a body intercepting light; an oppressive threat or gloomy influence.  Seems to me your name itself is negative.  So what image are you portraying here?  Some of the definitions of your "name" portrays the lodge itself.  Your post is an echo from the depths of the core of the lodge.  They tell you how to feel, how to think and how to act and then make you feel guilty for saying what you feel especially if it is the truth.  Why is it that people are not allowed to share their feelings without someone telling you how to feel?   How can anyone tell Rachel that she is not allowed to feel angry or cheated or hurt or bitter for all that she has been through?  She has feelings.....and even if they are hurt or anger or whatever she is allowed to say them, feel them and voice them.  Have you walked in her moccasins?  Have you been beaten?  Have you been lied to over and over and over again?  She is human.  The assembly teaches to roll over and play dead.....see that way they do not have to take responsibility for OR be accountable OR confront the issues b/c more than likely they are the cause of the problems.  God is the only judge here.  But how can you tell someone NOT TO FEEL or to COVER IT ALL UP?  Is that right?  Last time I looked we are in a FREE country...she has a right to voice her opinion, as well as others.  When you have lived in her shoes or the shoes of others here, when you  know the depth of the devastation that the lodge has inflicted on those that are voicing their feelings, then you can tell someone how to feel, or not to be negative.  The first thing the lodge members say about those who leave is that they are bitter or in sin.  That is the common statement every time.  Then, see ,they don't get blamed for the real reasons why people have left.  So to come on here and say that this website makes you sick...why are you reading it?  Stop pointing the finger at those who have been hurt, stomped on, beaten, verbally slaughtered, and harassed....b/c you have 4 more fingers pointing right back at you!!!  If you don't know the persons and you don't know the depths of devastation that people here have encountered...... how dare you question their pains?  You can't just swallow everything that has happened to you and pretend that it never happened b/c someone tells you to stop being negative or angry or bitter.  That does not change their pasts.  How have you been an encouragement to those ones?  What kind of a godly figure are you  to point the finger, have no compassion, and mouth off, when you don't even know the depths of their pains!!!!!  Only GOD knows.  Don't judge others esp. if you are too chicken to even put your name up here.  You NEED TO COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS>>>>AND INTO THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!  
sue xander

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2003, 05:41:33 am »

Oh and I forgot to say also, one very important thing here....e-mail, web postings etc...... do not have a human voice to them, to so get the real depth of tone it may be not be how the author of the various posts may really be feeling or captured correctly...they may even be in tears writing these things etc...... you have no idea.....so please take that into consideration before knocking them clear out of the water!!!!
editor
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2003, 05:51:06 am »

Hello again peacefulG

I am assuming that you are still in the Assembly.  If this is true, I want to personally commend you for being the first person from the Assembly to actually dialogue.  We have had a couple of guest snipers from time to time, but never an actual Assembly member.   Smiley

I want to comment on, "avoiding the appearance of Evil."

Here is a question:

Which behavior is a better aplication of the verse reference above:

A person who knows that his "brother," is a drunkard, abuser, and immoral, but doesn't say anything about it and continues to act as if everything is fine, thus avoiding the APPEARANCE of evil,

OR

A person who has been hurt by hypocrits, who is really angry and bitter and tells people exactly how they feel.  They don't try to act as if everything is fine, they tell it like it is, doing nothing to avoid the APPEARANCE of evil, instead speaking the truth?

Eph 4:25  Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another. "Be angry and do not sin"....

Brent
PS, I am angry about all of this, and I sincerely believe God is too.  His Word instructs us to expose the unfruitful works of darkness.  Jesus used a whip in the temple.  Do you think he actually hit anyone with it?
editor
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2003, 07:01:22 am »

I apologize for this thread being accidentaly locked!

There are only 3 people who can do this, myself, brian, and Mark C.

I am sure it is one of the other two guys faults!

Please, PeacefulG, feel free to post again.  OUR BAD.

Brent
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2003, 08:23:16 am »

Hi all,

Thanks Brent for unlocking the thread.

Anyway like I have told two others in personal messages to them I only have two things to say in response to my post.

1. Sorry I am not in the assembly any more, as of yet I have yet to here of an assembly in Texas (been out since Oct 98), married my wife who was in Texas and left the GREAT state of Cali (even though the budget woes makes me thankful I am here where my taxes will not go up big time, plus we have no state tax, YEAH!)

2. It is one thing to write about your hurts and wrongs and to write even while still hurting (I see that in most writings), but to write in a manner that "implies/suggest" hurting back at others is wrong in itself.
A cheif theme of the articles has been out of the mouth of two or more witness, well my brethern more than two have express that from the writings of a "few" you could see that be angry and sin not passage is missing from their bibles.

Christ openly called out the leaders in his day more than once, but he did something then that God has always done from day one, left the people with a choice (Life or Death).  This site and other things I pray keep the light on the darkness, but not become like some of the other great reformation and revival movements.  Imploding within from their own haterd.  Philips 4:8
I could go on, but...........   Again, forgive me if I confused any, and I look foward to more of my dear brethern choosing LIFE!  :-)

Lord Bless
George A.

For those needing an AWESOME free bible program www.e-sword.net
Most reading this who know their chruch history know what I am talking about.
margaret irons

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2003, 08:28:14 am »

Back in 1989 just before we left, Betty was introducing teaching on Solomon's Wheel & Line about red flags that warn us that self is getting up on the throne and the Lord is deposed, or soon will be.  As I remember, anger was one of those red flags.  I'm curious--were you all taught this for the last 13 years?  If so, is it any wonder that assembly visitors to this BB are alarmed--look at all these red flags we're waving around.  They're sure it proves that we're in sin and darkness, even if we are quoting the prophets!

But Brent quotes a very pointed verse--"Be angry, and sin not."  God gave us negative emotions as warning lights on the instrument panel, so to speak--"Something is wrong, DO something!!!"  He doesn't tell us to not feel that warning, He is even telling us to feel it, but don't sin in the action you take.  I thank the Lord for all of you who are able to feel anger and indignation at the heinous wrongs that have been committed and are saying so.  

TGarisek

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2003, 08:40:28 am »

Exactly. I'm sick of hearing castigations for critical thinking. We were not allowed to express doubt, challenge leadership, criticize holy perspectives and teachings even though we had the burning sensation that something was terribly wrong. Now, we can do all that and more and if God be for us, who can be against us? It's a righteous cause and I want to be part of this battle against evil.
trockman

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2003, 09:44:56 am »

PeacefulG

Thank you.  That's good advice, and a point well made.

This website is only temporary, until one of two things happen:

1.) Repentance takes place, and there is no need for any of this.
2.) Repentance does not take place, and there is no more Assembly.

God forbid that this site become a cause of its own.  That would be tragic, in my opinion, and I started the website.

As per your church history comment, I don't know if you were referring to the Brethren movement, but I have often thought of them, and their bickering over letters and possible intentions in phrases, etc.  What a waste of great minds like Darby!

Not only am I aware of this, I am determined not to repeat the error, but your comment was a faithful reminder, and I greatly appreciate it.!

Brent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: