AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 08:46:40 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My prayer for the Assembly and God's People  (Read 4236 times)
ptemplin7

Email
« on: January 23, 2003, 10:29:51 pm »

I'm starting this thread to relate how we are praying for the assemblies.

I am involved with a small home church and we had a great time in prayer last night for everyone. There are two of us in this fellowship who have spent time in the assembly but I was invloved for significantly longer.

We sang a hymn last night that so well describes what all of God's people int he assemblies need right now. (By the way its in the hymns and spiritual songs #120, unforntunately this verse was edited out!)

The verse:

Revive Thy work O Lord!
And make Thy servants bold;
Convict of sin and work once more
As in the days of old.

Revive Thy work O Lord!
While here to Thee we bow!
Desend O gracious Lord Desend!
Oh come and bless us now!
----------------------------------------------------------
I think this describes the perfect way to pray for our brethern. O Lord inded revive Thy work. Make the leaders and all the saints bold to break the bondage and open the doors. Go the hard way. May there be conviction of sin that it may be made right and may God be able to work once more as he has in so many of our lives.

We pray for all of you and trust you to His care. God is able to heal the broken-hearted and bind up the wounded. Rember the promise that the smoking flax and bruised reed God will not allow to go out or be broken. May the fire break through once more.

Best wishes to all of the saints who are called by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Lord Bless you, we'll keep praying and hope to hear great things!

Paris Templin
ptemplin7@earthlink.net
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 10:30:43 pm by ptemplin7 » Logged
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 01:27:01 am »

Thank you your prayers and encouraging post

Your words touched my heart and so echo what is on my
heart today

Thank you again

Lord bless your
Gary Wilson
David Mauldin
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 02:29:44 am »

Hi Gary You and your wife were always the best examples to me.   Grin Grin Grin ;DGod Bless You!
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 02:47:44 am »

Hi Dave

Good to hear from you.  Linda is an excellent example of someone with a sweet loving dispostion.  Me,  Well I'll leave that one alone.  
Anyway I understand your encouraged and growing where your are.
Maybe someday we will all be able to get together.

God bless and thanks for your reply   Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

P.S   I always enjoyed your smile and sense of humor.

P.P.S  Although this is a time of real grief, it is so good to hear of and from so many.  
Corey

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 04:06:17 am »

Paris,

Thanks for the encouragement.  We need your prayers.  I enjoyed the talk we had the other night.  I am so glad to clear the air between us.  

The Lord encouraged me today about "be anxious for nothing."

Remember, we are like newly saved Christians.  We may have bad habits, but we know that God is the God of change.  He can change me, he can change us.  I'm not sure how it will all come about, but I believe it will happen.  Isn't that every sinners hope who puts their trust in Christ?

Corey
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: