AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 10:24:35 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Appearence of Evil?  (Read 3136 times)
David Mauldin
« on: January 23, 2003, 12:41:59 am »

After having left the assembly I carried with me some of what I was taught.  The following is a funny story.  After having left the "Bible Study" at Cal State Fullerton I began attending "Intervarsity Fellowship"  (A group of very normal healthy Christians. )  The 'Campus Worker" "Denise"  and I became friends (Not Boyfriend /girlfriend just friends)  One day she asked me if I would like to come over her house for dinner?  My response was "Is anyone else going to be there?" "No?"  I then explained to her about "the appearence of Evil"  This did not go well with her.  She became offended that I would assume her niehgbors would consider this (evil)  about her. Finally we compromised. We ate dinner in the open doorway. Since that time Denise and I have spent much time alone together. One night she pointed this out  "david do you realize we have been alone together? and yet I have never tried to seduce you?"  We both laughed for a good long time!
ptemplin7

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 06:48:05 am »

True David,

Yet the principle holds. I think the problem was in the carrying out of it! I remember some of the ridiculs lenghts we went to in SLO when I was there!

Oh to be free!

PT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: