AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 04:44:37 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Just my $.02 and a call to prayer...  (Read 10477 times)
peacefulgs wife

Email
« on: January 20, 2003, 11:31:07 pm »

I am not really sure where to start this, or if I even have the right to post here, but here goes:

My name is Jennifer and I am married to George Allen (peacefulg).  I have known about the Assembly for about 5 years and have always had certain problems with the some of the teachings that George told me were taught.  I do not want to go into detail on these teachings, but wanted you to know that an outsider saw, and grieved, many of those teachings.  I have been ANGRY (and had to seek forgiveness from the Lord) at some of the things I have heard and I have judged from what I have heard about people in the Assembly.  For that I am eternally sorry and ask your forgiveness for wondering why people did not leave in droves before this happened.  I did not understand the psychological harm that was being perpetrated upon you.  I have had no experience with anything like what you have experienced and had no right to judge.

Since all of this (the website, the truth finally coming to light, etc.) has come out, I have been in a state of tears for all of you, not from pity, but from compassion.  I asked George last night why my heart hurts so badly for you.  Could it be that I am nine months pregnant and it is just hormones?  Do I not have anything better to do?

The answer he gave was profound.  He said that my heart hurts because the Body of Christ is hurting.  What a shock to me to realize that even I can be used to pray for people I do not know (ok, I have been walking with the Lord for a while, but He still amazes me!) I am not sure how all of you are dealing with this outside of this wonderful website (thanks to God for using Brent to put it together to give everyone a place to talk and heal), but I have a feeling that, no matter how long you have been out,  or if you are still in, your heart is in pain.

Whether it is from finally getting vindication for your decision to leave (against all counsel from your LBs and the losing of many friends/family members), or because this has caused you to lose trust in church leadership, OR to learn that dear sisters (Judy and Rachel especially) and brothers have been not only psychologically abused (like most Assembly members), but physically, horribly abused.  

The truth coming to light is a painful thing - the Refiners fire hurts, but is best in the end when all of the darkness is burnt away.  I do not think the Lord ever said that walking through this earth would be easy.  The best comfort I have to offer is that Jesus is here, waiting for you to turn all of your pain over to Him, to allow HIM to deal with these terrible hurts.  I believe He has given you a place (this BB) to share your hurts with others in your situation, potentially in your situation (those still in), and those on the outside who need to know what to look for in an unhealthy church.  I commend all of your honesty in dealing with this situation.

I know I am babbling, but wanted to offer one sincere suggestion.  Please, PLEASE every time you talk to someone (on the phone, in person, etc.) about this situation that you PRAY with that person before you leave their presence.  I know the phone lines in this house have been burning up with brothers/sisters all over the country calling and talking to George about what is going on.  What was missing, for a short time, was the prayer part.  Make sure that this does not become a gossip-fest and that you are open to the Lord using your prayers to heal.  You and the other person are already standing at the doorway, why not open it up and spend time talking to the Lord for the healing of lives.

I pray I have not offended, or hurt, anyone by my posting, maybe I am just a pregnant woman with too many hormones.  I would like to think that I am a sister in Christ who loves you all.  

Lord bless you all.

P.S.  For George's (peacefulg) sake, please pray that this baby comes before Super Bowl Sunday...his Raiders made it!  LOL!
Chuck Vanasse

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 12:05:40 am »

God Bless you sister...Those are healing words.  Don't apologize and don't be embarrassed. People like you are my heros.

Chuck Vanasse
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 12:13:55 am »

I sat here reading your post to my daughter with tears. Cry  Your compassion comes through and is much needed on this site.  Compassion is what most of us lacked in the assembly.  We absolutely welcome those who have not been involved in the assembly, because you can provide perspective for us.  Thank you for sharing your heart with us.  Keep contributing! Smiley
OnlyJesus24

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 12:24:37 am »

I would have to agree that compassion is what many of us lacked in the assembly. We were so often caught up in little details such as exhorting fellow brethren for miniscule problems. The main problem with the assembly is the fact that there wasn't a main focus on Jesus Christ. We all need to realize the importance of compassion in the christian life.
BenJapheth
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 01:07:28 am »

Luke!  This is your Uncle Chuck, buddy!

Dear Nephew and Brother in Christ when you say...

"The main problem with the assembly is the fact that there wasn't a main focus on Jesus Christ"

You go back and forth with the present and past tenses, be careful...Lots of folks are repenting and trying to get their "focus on Jesus Christ" right now and it has nothing to do with the assembly...Let's give them time and a little space. As some are carrying their cross they don't need any jeering from us...Get my point?  Be gracious as they are humbled.  Many are repenting...On an earlier post from Saturday you said "(George) will not repent no matter what happens"...Little nephew I so hope you are wrong, but even if you're not - your post is absolutely unchristian, and you've made a judgement that, to me, is typical of the worse of that man.  

Love You Luke...what a brave little guy you are.  Little one - Love covers a multitude of sin! Don't throw up any obstacles to people's repentence, Luke. Watch your heart!

Your friends are now in the crucible of the Almighty God!

Your Uncle, Chuck
chuck@vanant.com
Tim

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 01:07:59 am »

Yes.  We need prayer.  I'm in the assembly/church (whatever you want to call it, God's family) in SLO.  

Chuck, we thank and praise God for how He moved through you to help us.  To God be the glory, great things He has done.

We have so many decisions to make as to where to go from here.  We have lots of baggage to sift through.  Much is great stuff and some is not (many would argue about the percentages of which is which, but that doesn't really matter).  We have some great habits and some that cripple us.  The problem is sorting out which is which.  There are as many opinions on this (all based on the Bible) as there are people in this world.

Pray that each gathering would know the leading and speaking of the Holy Spirit to correctly divide the Word of Truth as it applies to their specific gathering.  Pray that we would know how to work with leadership from other gatherings.

Most of AllPlease, pray that we would learn much more how to love one another (especially people that we have hurt).
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 01:19:05 am »

Is this the Tim WEAVER from SLO?  If so, I give you a greeting in the name of Jesus Christ.  It's so good to hear from you bro! Grin
Tim

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 01:25:12 am »

Eulaha, I miss you.  I still pray for you at least a few times a week.
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 01:39:01 am »

Thanks, for the last prayer request in your post love!  Cool

G
OnlyJesus24

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 03:55:01 am »

Luke!  This is your Uncle Chuck, buddy!

Dear Nephew and Brother in Christ when you say...

"The main problem with the assembly is the fact that there wasn't a main focus on Jesus Christ"

You go back and forth with the present and past tenses, be careful...Lots of folks are repenting and trying to get their "focus on Jesus Christ" right now and it has nothing to do with the assembly...Let's give them time and a little space. As some are carrying their cross they don't need any jeering from us...Get my point?  Be gracious as they are humbled.  Many are repenting...On an earlier post from Saturday you said "(George) will not repent no matter what happens"...Little nephew I so hope you are wrong, but even if you're not - your post is absolutely unchristian, and you've made a judgement that, to me, is typical of the worse of that man.  

Love You Luke...what a brave little guy you are.  Little one - Love covers a multitude of sin! Don't throw up any obstacles to people's repentence, Luke. Watch your heart!

Your friends are now in the crucible of the Almighty God!

Your Uncle, Chuck
chuck@vanant.com

It is so wonderful to hear from you. I haven't talked to you for quite awhile. I would like to thank you for sharing with me your thoughts. That is such a great insight. I would also like to thank you for participating in the repentance meeting this weekend. Hope to talk to you soon.

Luke Mathews
Corey

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2003, 10:02:06 am »

Eulaha,

I am sorry that our last dinner together was so "tense".  I thank you for not talking about all of these problems.  I don't think I was ready, but at the same time, I ask for your forgiveness for not being there for you.

The "code of silence" was working well.

I am just glad that we have a God who breaks down barriers.  I wish for full restoration in our relationship.

Chuck,

Thank you so much for yielding to God's moving.  To think that you flew all the way out here... then to see the outcome, which none of us thought was possible.  I tell you, you were an angel sent from God.  I held back tears as you told your story in front of us all last Sunday.  May God's moving not be just in SLO, but may there be real repentance, restoration, and revival in many places.

And Tim,

Thanks for all the talks through the nights over the last 30 days.  Thanks for the times of prayer.  I am glad we heard the news together.

and to all...
  keep praying

Corey
ptemplin7

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2003, 02:22:44 am »

Thanks for the post, and the others.

I look forward to seeing how God will move over the coming days. My wife and I and the home church I attend now will be praying for you all and the various assemblies as they pass through this time.

Eulaha,

Not sure if you remember me but greetings anyway! Smiley

Lord Bless, Paris
Ron Johnson

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2003, 09:49:10 am »

Jen,
that was a great post.  This website has been a healing place and I for one will take heed to your wise counsel to pray with and for those in and out of the group.

Lord Bless You My Sister

Ron J

P.S.  When are you coming to Sac to visit again?
peacefulgs wife

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2003, 11:25:08 pm »

Hi Ron!

Glad I could be of use in this (in some small way).

Hoping to come out to Cali either Thanksgiving or Christmas and will be there for about 2 weeks.  I'll try to bribe G into driving up to see you guys!  We'd love to see you, Lisa and the boys!  And, we'd like to introduce you to our baby, too!

Lord bless you,
Jen
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2003, 12:43:34 am »

Paris,

Of course I remember you brother!  Good to hear from you!  I remember I used to get admonished by you to not forget to bring my head covering to the prayer meeting (I forgot it a couple of times)!!! Grin

Tim, it's so good to hear from you and thank you for the prayers.  I am praying for you and Karen too!

Corey, I totally forgive you!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: