AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 01:12:42 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrections  (Read 3079 times)
glossyibis

Email
« on: January 19, 2003, 07:36:49 am »

Dear brothers and sisters,
     My name is Steve Harris. Some of you read a notice
that I was not allowed to attend a meeting with the St. Louis assembly on  Tuesday 1/14.
 This is true but deserves an explanation. One week ago I
asked Paul  Martin ( a leading brother ) if I could attend a special
meeting , they  were having , to address the future of the ministry here.
I was a part of this assembly for 11 years ( 2 years in the home with the  Geftakys  family)  but have not been there for the past 12 years. I  have been  treated well, by all, in the years that I have been away.  My family and I have been faithful in a Brethren assembly for these  years.
      My request was to come to the meeting to make a
short statement  (3-5 minutes) . It was not to attend the entire meeting but to come, make my statement and leave. Paul thought it better not to do it at this particular meeting but at a future meeting. I modified my request to address the elders and leading brothers. That request is being honored and I will meet with them on Sunday 1/19. I fully accept the decision to not allow me to address that Tuesday meeting. It was a meeting for those currently in fellowship there. Paul told me today that it was a good meeting where many hearts found genuine encouragement. He also said that much healing is still needed.  I am writing this to let you know that I was not offended by the brethren and that I understand their reasoning.
        I would also like to add, since I mentioned him by
name, that Paul Martin has a true interest in uncovering all the works of darkness and bringing them into the light. He has been a true friend to me and can be counted trustworthy to do everything he can to help heal the wounds caused to the saints here and to Judy, Rachel , David Michael, and Rebecca. He is deserving of our prayers in this great challenge. My own belief is that God will use him mightily to repair the breaches that have been so carelessly foisted upon so many of those who Christ hung on that cross for.
         O Lord give us grace upon grace, we need you to hold us close
to your heart. We need your comforting hand and your gentle leading. Please help us in this time of healing.  For the testimony of your precious Son and in his name we pray.

In His perfectLove,

Steve Harris
VinnieGalati

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 11:13:22 am »

Thanks Steve,

This is Vince Galati. I just discovered the website today. It is a blessing to me.  I had lunch with Joe Babor today and believe he is another brother in the same camp as Paul Martin.  My heart goes out to the saints at this most difficult time.  Greet your wife for me. I am living in St. Charles, have a wife and two step kids.  I have been married 3 years and 3 months now. I used to be skinny, but God has blessed me with the "fat of the Land brother".  God Bless- look forward to hearing from you.  VPG
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: